NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

I normally waste my money on holidays and getting paroletic on weekends, so I've had my money just piling up all year. That said, I have spent a lot of upgrading my camera gear so I only pre-ordered the two RTX 3080s. I feel like I've been very restrained :Paranoid:

ricmc and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

Oh yeah... get your tinfoil hats boys! There’s a lot of dodgy stuff going on lately...

Just look at this dirty rat with his question marks about popcorn tracing!! Probably fucking scalping rats right now! Sicko...

3. Worthy83

Worthy83 Member

Good quality rat tracing is the benchmark I'm using to determine if we really have entered next gen

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Will my new card have rat tracing?

5. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

If it’s really a next gen cat it will... :thumbup:

6. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Checked power draw today in Quake RTX vs Superposition 4k Optimized and yeah, big difference.

Superposition is as per my original test running at 1920 .862v at 260-280W with a 270 avg. Comfortable 62-64c with 70-72% fans even with the warmer ambient in my room today.

Quake II RTX with same settings - 290-320w with a 310 avg. Temps hanging around the 67c mark with 82% fans. Still comfortable temps but starting to get a little loud. There is a nice sound profile to this card though with no whirring noises or the like so it is definitely bearable.

I have 0 other games in my library that manage to suck back the power like Quake is.

The other thing is the amount heat this case is throwing out of the side panel. I absolutely feel my immediate area warming up when playing. I measured the vents on the side panel (probe is not in contact with the card) and it's a cool 48+c after 10 minutes of playing.

Shine hasn't worn off quite yet but god damn it's hot in here :leet: I might need to get some ac in my room for summer, maybe a portable unit as I will be moving after this one has passed.

Attached Files:

macktheknife likes this.
  7. NeoG

NeoG New Member

I've now seen two people get a card shipped from Umart while my order a week earlier is sitting unallocated :mad:

8. metalrain

metalrain Member

Same GPU brand and model?

9. NeoG

NeoG New Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Gigabytes marketing team been smoking something?

FB_IMG_1603108981691.jpg

FB_IMG_1603108977869.jpg

Spyder6052 and ndr2h like this.
  11. metalrain

metalrain Member

Okay then you definitely have something to take up to them. Umart has been one of the dodgier retails with this whole debacle. I remember them posting fake discounts and editing the prices when they were called out.

12. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

hahaha fuck umart..... spent over 1K there the other week, gave them a bad review and now they have removed my account...... 0/10 would not recommend

13. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah I personally wouldn't consider buying anything from them after all this bullshit.

14. The Beast

The Beast Member

Skramit and ricmc like this.
  15. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Well, I suppose we now know that at least one 3070 exists :D

Could be a mockup though I guess ;)

16. metalrain

metalrain Member

That European retailer posting their RTX 3080 stock orders have posted that RTX 3070s are in store now and ready for when it goes on sale. Sadly, just like the RTX 3080, there is barely any stock of them at the moment. Might be for launch though, but I wouldn't be so confident of that.

17. ricmc

ricmc Member

I have a pomeranian and a 3080*, priorities I guess :leet:

*once MSI stop ebaying that shit

18. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

anyone bought anything from AliExpress or Formulamod before?

Ordered a Bykski GPU block for the colorful 3080 from Formulamod (this one here ) -- as it seems this and a barrow block (this one here) are the only blocks for this card.

Bykski block is also on AliExpress (here) but says free postage, whereas Formulamod is 25 US for standard shipping.

Anothing thing i found, block is $89.41 from FM, plus $25 shipping, total cart was $114.66 US, when i do a currency exchange using XE.com it comes to ~163 AUD. When i go to pay by paypal, it uses an exchange rate of only 0.67 compared to 0.71, and the total price with paypal is $226.74, which feels is almost double the actual price including shipping, how the hell does $114.66 US = $226.74 AUD,

I assume thats paypal fees, but $65 in fees for something inc postage that should be around $165~ , is it just me, or is that paypal (been a long long time since used paypal ) and havnt bought anything from overseas in even longer.

the colorful is due to arrive Thursday 22nc Oct in QLD, so im expecting it end of next week ish,

I know im going to have to wait a wait for a block to come from the US (covid), but dont want to feel like im paying too much. also FM only accept paypal so no way around that. But AliExpress, yeah, dont like the look of the site too much haha.

ALSO going to ring PLE tomorrow and see if they can get the Bykski in, since they do ell Bykski blocks. No harm in asking, otherwise may have to bite the bullet and pay $226 shipped!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  19. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

That standard shipping time has gotten alot worse because of.. well we all know so lately it has taken some orders to arrive by 2 & even 3 months.

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It does seem strange that they aren't serving pre-allocated (and already paid) orders before listing them on the website. The only reason I can think is when people buy a video card often they purchase other items with it which is why they want some stock sitting (a) in store and (b) in stock on the website.