NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Radley

Radley Member

I had a Galax HoF card it was the best card I've owned.

AMD180 and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

And fair enough. Interesting that they say "lucky"....I just saw someone post a link saying in stock, I went there, and purchased. Was in stock for a while. Dunno really how "lucky" I was!

3. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

You're being modest, you got a 3080 posted same week didn't you? You my friend, are the chosen one :lol:

4. NeoG

NeoG New Member

The thing that shits me off the most is that I was on the phone to them at that time on the 16th when they were saying in stock and asked if I can get the stock assigned to my order and they said NO they couldn't. Unbelievable. They actively blocked me from getting stock while shipping them out to other people.

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Honestly I really don't think it's fair that people are getting them ahead of someone like NeoG who spent half the evening until midnight refreshing webpages on multiple sites waiting for products to go live on launch night on the presumption that queueing in line to get the cards would secure stock before others who might walk in off the street. I don't consider myself that lucky in the sense that there were lots and lots of times I saw stock go live with ETA's in the last few weeks but all were at relatively high prices, or they were brands I didn't want, so I didn't buy them. I could have purchased earlier, several times - admittedly they are going quick, but it wouldn't have been that hard to have grabbed a card already weeks ago. I actually thought I'd have to wait until some time in November or December to purchase, so this has come much much easier than expected. All I did was happen to open WP, see a link, go to that site, see a half decent price, and buy. But sure, yes, I'm lucky in the sense that plenty of others from launch night are still waiting, and I have one on the way.

Yeah it's a shitty situation when not even an apology is forthcoming and they don't appear honest with you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  6. RP_Automotive

RP_Automotive Member

Hi Gents,

Finally got my 3090 last week....not having much fun. I got myself an 850W psu and am running a i9 10900k. I played around with overclocking for a little bit but can't seem to get anything particularly stable. CPU seems to be happy around 5.2Ghz but I have put it back to stock. As for the GPU, it seems to be able to run at the +50 core and +500 on the memory both manually and with the Afterburner auto tune utility, but I've been getting the dreaded quit to desktop issues. The card is a MSI Ventus 3090 OC so doesn't seem to have the cheapy capacitors.

After getting all of the quit to desktop issues in the games, usually after ~20mins in the game, I returned everything to stock speed and voltages. Even then, still saw some issues. I've now underclocked the 3090 by -100 Core and -55mem and seems to be able to get through FurMark without any issues.

One thing I did notice is that if I start-up the intel stress test whilst FurMark is running, the GPU power load seems to drop from 330W to little over 300W on average, is this normal? I've put a screenshot with annotations below. You can see when I start the Intel Stress test, CPU load comes up to about 145-150W but the GPU which was already running FurMark drops down to about 300W.

Edit: Also noting that all temperatures etc stay well within limits.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  7. connico

connico Member

That puts a bad taste in my mouth... I would have kicked up a stink hard and demanded to speak to someone higher up the food chain...

Regardless I'll not be ordering from UMART in the future...

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Karen is that you? :lol:

ijk. I'd be pissed too, but what can ya do other than cancel the order.

335 GT likes this.
  9. NeoG

NeoG New Member

I was thinking about taking it up the chain but honestly it wouldn't have achieved anything. Their system is still broken and cards would have been listed for sale again while the queue sits untouched. I cut my ties, tell the story and if that costs them sales it's all on them.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  10. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Was the "pre-order" price lower than the new revised pricing?

11. connico

connico Member

I'll fucking Karen it up hard if I was fucked like that. I'm that person, I tell fuckwits that want to push in line to get to the back, ill tell vendors that are to incompetent to lift their game

You can get on there social media and show there potential customers how they treat people waiting in line, if it cost them a sale its enough. To me, cancelling doesn't get me what I want and doesn't give me a chance to make them suffer lol

coolroy, Spyder6052 and MR CHILLED like this.
  12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I was wondering whether some stock are allocated to the pre orders at X launch price and then other stock that comes in is allocated at a more regular walk in price.

13. NeoG

NeoG New Member

Same price as everyone else that got dispatched, 1299.00. I don't think there is any malice involved in trying to fulfil orders at higher prices. They just have no idea what they are doing.

coolroy likes this.
  14. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

Umart receives a constant stream of business, a few people whinging about a single graphics card on a forum isn't going to phase them or be noticed. Walk into any one of their stores and you are always in a lineup waiting to pick up stock. They move a lot for business customers due to their competitive pricing and locations.

The poor service via online, well without being racist, but have you dealt with MSY? It is the same type of ownership for Umart. You won't receive much customer service as their way of conducting business doesn't align with western culture.

coolroy likes this.
  15. connico

connico Member

Lets see, if i get some angry responses. Just posted on their facebook. Lets see if shit gets real.

For large organisations social media is a huge tool, I've gotten better results complaining on Commbanks twitter and facebook page then on the complaints line. Same goes for Telstra, Optus and Bing Lee lol...

coolroy and Spyder6052 like this.
  16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep same price as mine. I guess note to yourself next time, don't bother to pre-order. Just wing it and you will probably get one sooner.

coolroy likes this.
  17. PureFire

PureFire Member

A few questions.

What brand/model of 850W PSU?
    Is the PSU old or new?
    Did you check the PCI power cables are seated? if you have 6+2pin sometimes you may not have the 2pin seated
    Before you installed the 3090 did you run DDU? (Display Driver Uninstaller), if not do that and install drivers again

18. Radley

Radley Member

This is relevant to most companies. FB seems to be their primary point of contact for all issues.

19. connico

connico Member

Not all care though. It depends on the amount of followers and if a pile on effect occurs lol

We shall see if umart care or not lol...

20. James086

James086 Member

I'm not sure on the GPU power drop, perhaps because the Intel stress test (Linpack?) means the CPU can't feed the GPU fast enough? If the card is crashing at stock speeds then it might be a warranty job. I'd check that you're using 2 separate power cables instead of 1 cable with 2 power connectors, that has helped others with stability.

I also have a Ventus OC 3090, I found I can run +150 Mhz on core stable in Control (ray tracing) and +190 Mhz in Firestrike Ultra (DX11) while changing nothing else. I haven't tested the memory yet.

These cards are heavily power limited and I don't see over 2000 Mhz in game or benchmark but +190 Mhz (10% uplift) gives me about a 6% improvement in fps. Like you, temperatures are fine and it's a pretty quiet card. The overclock is pretty much equivalent to an undervolt. This is my voltage/frequency curve and you can see that +150 Mhz is the same thing as a 95mV undervolt. Given that we are power constrained, that's where the change in performance is coming from for me; it can run the same clock at a lower voltage (lower power consumption) therefore it can boost higher.
    [​IMG]