NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. FatBoy

FatBoy Member

I saw your post on Whirlpool. That is not cool by Umart. I can't see why they are doing it though unless the price now is more than the price you pre-ordered for (making more profit)?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  2. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

There would be some justifiably pissed off customers right now because of this fuckery, fulfill preorders or don't take them, simple. I'd pull my preorder immediately if I found out someone purchased the same card as me weeks later and had it dispatched that day or week, or any time before me really.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

If they did that to me I'd be cancelled on the spot, and probably have to think twice about shopping there again as NeoG said earlier. Always two sides to every story but it doesn't look too flash from where I'm sitting.

4. FatBoy

FatBoy Member

Could also be Umart's inability to handle pre-orders and stock coming in at the same time? Umart has 8 shopfronts and 1 online store. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing? Not that this is an excuse.

5. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Umart has been pretty shitty for stock since around 2015, constantly out of stock, slowest store to get stock etc. I was one of the first who ordered an 1800x day of release and had to wait 3 weeks before I actually got it because Umart didn't actually have the stock but said they did.

6. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

I would be guessing that this is more then likely the case, x store front receives stock, has no idea about online pre-orders and changes the stock online so it can be purchased, online store hasn’t received any stock at all

Skramit likes this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Possible and probably more likely something like this. Having said that though this sort of thing will piss people off so it could hurt them business wise.

8. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

usually 4 to 6 weeks, mine have been mainly cheap shitty bike parts

9. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

pay the extra for the fastest delivery time, only way to justify it! i have heard AliExpress taking 2-3 months for certain things.... you'd rather have the block while the 30 series hype is still around lol
    and we want more content from you too.

nCrypt, MR CHILLED and Goosegamer like this.
  10. insty

insty Member

Has anyone had any news regarding their MWave 3080 TUF orders at all?

11. NeoG

NeoG New Member

There is ONE reason I can think of, and that is that I selected pickup from the store and everyone I've seen that got dispatched was delivery from the warehouse. It's possible the card is en route to the pickup location from the same batch which can take a few days and the order status won't update until it's ready to pick up.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them, I asked why people were getting their cards dispatched when ordered a week later, the guy fumbled around for a bit and couldn't come up with a reason other than "they were lucky". Excuse me, wtf is the point of having a pre-order button on your website.

Order cancelled.

ricmc, Spyder6052, MR CHILLED and 2 others like this.
  12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

My last delivery from the region took double the normal time to arrive, in just over two months. Wouldn't buy from there for a while unless I could afford to wait months,

PiNoY likes this.
  13. Radley

Radley Member

I had a Galax HoF card it was the best card I've owned.

AMD180 and MR CHILLED like this.
  14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

And fair enough. Interesting that they say "lucky"....I just saw someone post a link saying in stock, I went there, and purchased. Was in stock for a while. Dunno really how "lucky" I was!

15. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

You're being modest, you got a 3080 posted same week didn't you? You my friend, are the chosen one :lol:

16. NeoG

NeoG New Member

The thing that shits me off the most is that I was on the phone to them at that time on the 16th when they were saying in stock and asked if I can get the stock assigned to my order and they said NO they couldn't. Unbelievable. They actively blocked me from getting stock while shipping them out to other people.

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Honestly I really don't think it's fair that people are getting them ahead of someone like NeoG who spent half the evening until midnight refreshing webpages on multiple sites waiting for products to go live on launch night on the presumption that queueing in line to get the cards would secure stock before others who might walk in off the street. I don't consider myself that lucky in the sense that there were lots and lots of times I saw stock go live with ETA's in the last few weeks but all were at relatively high prices, or they were brands I didn't want, so I didn't buy them. I could have purchased earlier, several times - admittedly they are going quick, but it wouldn't have been that hard to have grabbed a card already weeks ago. I actually thought I'd have to wait until some time in November or December to purchase, so this has come much much easier than expected. All I did was happen to open WP, see a link, go to that site, see a half decent price, and buy. But sure, yes, I'm lucky in the sense that plenty of others from launch night are still waiting, and I have one on the way.

Yeah it's a shitty situation when not even an apology is forthcoming and they don't appear honest with you.

18. RP_Automotive

RP_Automotive Member

Hi Gents,

Finally got my 3090 last week....not having much fun. I got myself an 850W psu and am running a i9 10900k. I played around with overclocking for a little bit but can't seem to get anything particularly stable. CPU seems to be happy around 5.2Ghz but I have put it back to stock. As for the GPU, it seems to be able to run at the +50 core and +500 on the memory both manually and with the Afterburner auto tune utility, but I've been getting the dreaded quit to desktop issues. The card is a MSI Ventus 3090 OC so doesn't seem to have the cheapy capacitors.

After getting all of the quit to desktop issues in the games, usually after ~20mins in the game, I returned everything to stock speed and voltages. Even then, still saw some issues. I've now underclocked the 3090 by -100 Core and -55mem and seems to be able to get through FurMark without any issues.

One thing I did notice is that if I start-up the intel stress test whilst FurMark is running, the GPU power load seems to drop from 330W to little over 300W on average, is this normal? I've put a screenshot with annotations below. You can see when I start the Intel Stress test, CPU load comes up to about 145-150W but the GPU which was already running FurMark drops down to about 300W.

Edit: Also noting that all temperatures etc stay well within limits.

[​IMG]

19. connico

connico Member

That puts a bad taste in my mouth... I would have kicked up a stink hard and demanded to speak to someone higher up the food chain...

Regardless I'll not be ordering from UMART in the future...

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Karen is that you? :lol:

ijk. I'd be pissed too, but what can ya do other than cancel the order.

335 GT likes this.