NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. NeoG

NeoG New Member

I was thinking about taking it up the chain but honestly it wouldn't have achieved anything. Their system is still broken and cards would have been listed for sale again while the queue sits untouched. I cut my ties, tell the story and if that costs them sales it's all on them.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Was the "pre-order" price lower than the new revised pricing?

3. connico

connico Member

I'll fucking Karen it up hard if I was fucked like that. I'm that person, I tell fuckwits that want to push in line to get to the back, ill tell vendors that are to incompetent to lift their game

You can get on there social media and show there potential customers how they treat people waiting in line, if it cost them a sale its enough. To me, cancelling doesn't get me what I want and doesn't give me a chance to make them suffer lol

coolroy, Spyder6052 and MR CHILLED like this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I was wondering whether some stock are allocated to the pre orders at X launch price and then other stock that comes in is allocated at a more regular walk in price.

5. NeoG

NeoG New Member

Same price as everyone else that got dispatched, 1299.00. I don't think there is any malice involved in trying to fulfil orders at higher prices. They just have no idea what they are doing.

coolroy likes this.
  6. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

Umart receives a constant stream of business, a few people whinging about a single graphics card on a forum isn't going to phase them or be noticed. Walk into any one of their stores and you are always in a lineup waiting to pick up stock. They move a lot for business customers due to their competitive pricing and locations.

The poor service via online, well without being racist, but have you dealt with MSY? It is the same type of ownership for Umart. You won't receive much customer service as their way of conducting business doesn't align with western culture.

coolroy likes this.
  7. connico

connico Member

Lets see, if i get some angry responses. Just posted on their facebook. Lets see if shit gets real.

For large organisations social media is a huge tool, I've gotten better results complaining on Commbanks twitter and facebook page then on the complaints line. Same goes for Telstra, Optus and Bing Lee lol...

coolroy and Spyder6052 like this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep same price as mine. I guess note to yourself next time, don't bother to pre-order. Just wing it and you will probably get one sooner.

coolroy likes this.
  9. PureFire

PureFire Member

A few questions.

What brand/model of 850W PSU?
    Is the PSU old or new?
    Did you check the PCI power cables are seated? if you have 6+2pin sometimes you may not have the 2pin seated
    Before you installed the 3090 did you run DDU? (Display Driver Uninstaller), if not do that and install drivers again

10. Radley

Radley Member

This is relevant to most companies. FB seems to be their primary point of contact for all issues.

11. connico

connico Member

Not all care though. It depends on the amount of followers and if a pile on effect occurs lol

We shall see if umart care or not lol...

12. James086

James086 Member

I'm not sure on the GPU power drop, perhaps because the Intel stress test (Linpack?) means the CPU can't feed the GPU fast enough? If the card is crashing at stock speeds then it might be a warranty job. I'd check that you're using 2 separate power cables instead of 1 cable with 2 power connectors, that has helped others with stability.

I also have a Ventus OC 3090, I found I can run +150 Mhz on core stable in Control (ray tracing) and +190 Mhz in Firestrike Ultra (DX11) while changing nothing else. I haven't tested the memory yet.

These cards are heavily power limited and I don't see over 2000 Mhz in game or benchmark but +190 Mhz (10% uplift) gives me about a 6% improvement in fps. Like you, temperatures are fine and it's a pretty quiet card. The overclock is pretty much equivalent to an undervolt. This is my voltage/frequency curve and you can see that +150 Mhz is the same thing as a 95mV undervolt. Given that we are power constrained, that's where the change in performance is coming from for me; it can run the same clock at a lower voltage (lower power consumption) therefore it can boost higher.
    [​IMG]

13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Good luck lol, those companies actually care about their image. Umart are alongside MSY in care given, they'll get business regardless as they tend to be cheapest in town.

14. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

You should have. I ordered from Computer Alliance 30 seconds after going live, pickup and pay in store.

Stuck on processing for weeks while I saw people that ordered way after me, some days even weeks after me. Difference was they paid up front.

Rang and complained got nowhere so asked for a manager. 2 days later I had an Asus TUF 3080 in my hands when I had ordered the shitty giga Eagle :thumbup:

15. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

I just checked their Facebook page and the visitor posts section, I’m guessing they are heavily modded posts cause there is no visitor posts at all on their page

Edit: Nevermind found the posts

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  16. 335 GT

335 GT Member

Official rate is not the cash rate. Official rate is what banks use when transferring amongst themselves.,

67c sounds about right.
    Money changers usually take 4-5c off the official rate. Banks will take even more from you.
    You shouldn't buy in USD if you can help it. You can see how they've got you.

17. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

even from 71c (XE.com) to 67c (the rate paypal is saying its giving), still doesnt explain how $114.66 US = $226 AUD, thats more like 50.5c to the dollar. with no explaination of any fees or anything else.

prefer to buy from FM then AliExpress, but if aliexpress accept CC/DB then may do that, feels like paypal is ripping me off!

335 GT likes this.
  18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I guess not a bad idea if you're the sort of person who doesn't mind a bit of venting.

19. Sunder

Sunder Member

I am just speculating, but after years of working in Fraud and Cybercrime prevention and investigation, I'm probably more cynical than most... If there's money to be made, someone will think of it and do it... So how about this?

1) Stock is still in short supply - hence pre-orders are over a barrel. Not only can you keep the money an extra week - so most people wouldn't have another $1300 to buy another card for a week, there's also no guarantee with a different reseller, they will be any faster.
    2) You mark stuff in stock, and actually send it out. Word gets around that Umart is shipping.
    3) You get an extra rush of sales, and maybe a small number of cancellations from outraged people, but most will wait, as they think they will be next.

Effectively this is a dangle carrot just constantly out of reach play. Just a little longer. You've already waited this much time, did you want to wait all over again? ... Just a little longer...

20. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Sounds like a fun job.

Assuming AMD reveal goes better than this shitshow, Ill probably jump ship. I really like their driver suite. Been playing with a second hand fury card.