NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

Currently with a Silverstone RZV01, but I've got my eye out for a Thorzone Mjolnir but that one doesn't have an ETA too. I'll probably pre-order a FormD T1 instead since that one seems to actually going to be in production soon, if not, already is. Both of those latter cases are very similar in design to the DanCase A4 SFX, sandwich style cases.

2. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I agree and also myself and anybody should 100% expect criticism for selling something for more.
    I accept that people will judge me, hate me and call me names. Risk vs Reward? Or i could list it on eBay or something and be done with it, sidestepping judgement on a forum i frequent.

I still don't condone people buying just to sell for more, if you have to sell it and they are worth more, i say have at it.

3. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Played a bit more today, definitely see a good 30W or so more power draw at the same point in the f/v curve when those tensor cores are being used.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

If you are looking at the T1 then I would go for a 2.7 slot card for sure, I have seen people squeeze TUF's into them with great results.

The A4 is too small and you will be squeezing the XC3 in.

Problem with changing your card is you go to the back of the queue and the tuf oc for example seems to have a long line.

5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Cool, thanks for that. I saw the same thing, interesting it hasn't been a testing point for reviewers/tech personalities while praising undervolting results.

trippinonprozac likes this.
  6. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

Im no agent mate, I dont know nor have I met the person. They have a shop according to another member near China Town in Sydney CBD. I will be driving up to collect my card so my purpose in posting was simply a PSA.

Regardless of what you may have thought when you first read it, please take into consideration what I have written since. As above, I removed the post as the it wasnt received well.

EDIT - Anyway, lets move on and talk about the tech again. We can all agree we hate the supply and demand aspect of this launch and the fact that scalpers are making it harder and mroe expensive for everyone.

Nethiuz and Goosegamer like this.
  7. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah I was close to getting a DanCase here but seller wanted pick up over delivery. Anyway, turns out that case isn't probably the best choice. T1 is perhaps much better option because it is convertible to a 3 slot design.

In terms of waiting, I'm fine with waiting now since I've got an RTX 2080 Ti to keep me occupied, and might be handy to be able to cancel it before it gets shipped if the Radeon 6900 XTX is that much better for the price.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  8. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

I have a Gigabyte Eagle OC which topped out stable at about 1980mhz core but would drop a few bins and move all over the place with power limit issues.

I used a custom curve, dropped a ton of voltage and can now sit the card rock solid at 2010mhz core without touching power limit. Undervolting appears to be the best way to get the most out of these cards.

9. Straferight

Straferight Member

Looks from the benchmarks big Navi may be a little better in some areas and worse in others.

Attached Files:

Nethiuz and trippinonprozac like this.
  10. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Ummm... can you translate that for me?

11. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Yeah 100%, custom volt/freq curves are definitely the way to go to get the most out of these cards. It seems the 260-270w miracle results go out the window when you start using rtx features though :p

Trading blows with the 3080 would be an impressive result given they only competed at the 2070s level with the 5700xt. If they manage to do it while being more power efficient then that will be huge imo.

12. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

my Friday afternoon wish is for AMD to smash 3090 for $1200-$1400 :p not gonna happen, but that would be nice :) not that long ago got my GTX 1080 FTW delivered for $947.20 ....believe 1080Ti were around that $1200-$1400 mark back then, and then Turing happened and since then all went to shit :)

3080 are going from $1200 to $2200 and 3080Ti oh sorry 3090 from $2500 to $3500

Then again, I remember when half liter beer used to cost few cents....time changes

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    ndr2h, Goosegamer and Nethiuz like this.
  13. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Careful... you'll scare folk in here with that sort of talk! :tongue:

335 GT, dzajroo and Nethiuz like this.
  14. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

It could happen, they are very secretive, the chances of it happening with an educated guess based on history, no! But would be nice ;)

As for your last sentence, Cambodia exists.

335 GT and Zee like this.
  15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC

sanjeevlives likes this.
  16. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

the 6900xt wont stand a chance against a 480watt 3090.
    someone here just showed me their port royal and timespy results, 22,000 in ts and 14k in pr... rip 6969696900XTXTXTL

***btw 6900XT is an exclusive amd only card at launch, so good luck getting one this year...

Ndsspex likes this.
  17. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night :D

18. chook

chook Member

Thread only has 57 pages.
    upload_2020-10-23_14-25-19.png

Now who is trying to inflate the value :p

nCrypt and havabeer like this.
  19. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I never got how people can deal with so many posts on a page haha, I'd be forever scrolling and getting lost. Up to page 757 here.

20. Skramit

Skramit Member

Oh I much prefer to scroll! Hate having to hit next next next to read Chook's musings.

devolutionary, ricmc, chook and 3 others like this.