NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

Nevermind dude, I do agree with you, had a bit to much to drink and thinking about it made me quite salty to be honest, as I previously stated, I know it’s not their fault that 25% of the shipment didn’t rock up

Elchupacabraj likes this.
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I read that to mean anything purchased after the 29th misses out, but for those purchased before the 29th you have until the end of November to redeem.

Elchupacabraj likes this.
  3. ssnke

ssnke Member

I explained a few posts ago.

Promotion end 29th, you need to have your card before then, in order to redeem the code from manuf. Unless the reseller provides you a code before the card arriving. (I didn't know this was possible until a few posts ago)

You then have a few weeks in November to claim the game code received by nvidia or manuf game portal.

4. Evasive

Evasive Member

Good.

T'more of youse lot as buys Red, t'more of the green stuff is available for t'likes of me as uses Iray, and can't get nay 'eckin use out of Radepong.

Skramit likes this.
  5. metalrain

metalrain Member

What the fuck

tired likes this.
  6. tired

tired Member

These shortages are now taking their toll on poetry. Has nVidia no shame? I hope they are proud of themselves.

chook likes this.
  7. Sledge

Sledge Member

But due to the shortages, they may extend it

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

treeplant's brother?

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

Heard or read nothing of the like so far. Would be nice if they changed it to Cyberpunk 2077 though :Paranoid:

ricmc and Sledge like this.
  10. Reedy

Reedy Member

Jesus Christ. The longer these supply shortages go on the more I feel like my card is some kind of unicorn.

Feel for you guys, hopefully AMD truly gives us a viable alternative.

11. metalrain

metalrain Member

I would be very surprised if the 6000XT series launch won't face the same supply side and scalping issues. Best to probably get as many pre-orders that you can and just cancel once you get one confirmed... Unless you're scalping them too :lol:

12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

AMD are putting anti scalping stuff in place to try and prevent it. If AMD actually have stock it wont be an issue, Nvidia was always going to have no stock because it was a rushed launch on a shit node with horrible yields.

Skramit likes this.
  13. chook

chook Member

Would be very nice but can't see it happening. That game will move boxes without any help.

stroggos2k likes this.
  14. metalrain

metalrain Member

True. I guess it'll be one of the biggest game releases of all time just due to the hype and the team behind it. It really wouldn't need help to sell at all.

15. The Beast

The Beast Member

Part of the reason I opted for a Corsair 1200W a few years ago was so I never needed to worry about my PSU being a limiting factor. It has so much capacity it’s never got warm enough to spin the fan, not even once.

Related: My 4 year old Corsair HX1200i went pop the other day, but to Corsair’s credit it is covered by a 10 year warranty so they are replacing it completely free of charge (they even paid for shipping both ways to Taiwan). Even more impressive because when I bought it I was in the US, but they weren’t at all fussed that I’m now in Australia.

Anyway I was so impressed I’ve actually swapped over to an AX1200i in the mean time. It will easily power the FTW3 Ultra with 450w bios workout breaking a sweat.

16. ssnke

ssnke Member

Might be possible considering they had the 'day one edition' promo at ebgames... Trade in 2 pay $29.95.

I'm betting that Farcry6 may be a promo for RTX considering AMD just launched their bundle.

I've never seen a promo get extended, doubt it would.

17. combatant3219

combatant3219 Member

Not that I can actually buy a 3080 right now like everyone else, but I've got a Corsair AX860 which I just realised has just hit 7 years old and is now out of warranty. It's been rock solid and I don't think I've ever heard the fan spin up, even when I was running SLI 780's and an overclocked 4770k back then.

You reckon I should replace it to be safe when I pickup a 3080 (unless RDNA2 turns out to be some golden unicorn) or just stick with it?

18. metalrain

metalrain Member

19. ssnke

ssnke Member

It's enough
    One of my R3090 runs on a hx850w

combatant3219 likes this.
  20. combatant3219

combatant3219 Member

Nah, just the one card. SLI is dead, realised that a few years back when I sold my two 1070's and went to single 1080ti. Now I'm 'making do' with the 1660 super from the HTPC since I sold my 1080ti thinking I'd be able to snag a 3080 at launch. :lol:

I know it's plenty of power for a 3080 etc, my thoughts were more around how long should I hold on to the AX860 if it's out of warranty. There's no issues with the PSU, I'm just mindful of it.