NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

What res are you running it at and is it rtx + dlss

coolroy likes this.
  2. coolroy

coolroy Member

As far as i can tell every option enabled on the game is set to ultra settings & any setting that has a percentage setting set to 100%

Ok setting dlss to best quality rather than slider to full right(was max performance) & setting car shadows to 4 rather than two ..lost this setting on previous run gave the following.
    Sys Vram usage 8493/24348GB

Ram usage 6.22/31.95GB

Cpu load 52%

Gpu load 99%

Max fps =96
    Ave fps =66
    Min fps =39

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Goosegamer likes this.
  3. PureFire

PureFire Member

This is what I get. Pretty much the same

watchdogs.jpg

4. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

I noticed the same issue on my 3090 Strix OC last night too.

I can replicate it 100% of the time by just turning up the fan speed with the card at idle. It seems loudest for me at about 65% and the middle fan seems to cause it more.

Pushing on the lightbar doesn't make it go away completely but does decrease the sound significantly. Unlike in your video it decreases the vibration sound when I push on the lightbar on the right hand side (power plug end) of the lightbar about a third of the way along. Pushing where you did does nothing for me.
    In all other respects the card works fine it's just a shitty design/QC.

I contacted Scorptec earlier this morning and have already submitted a warranty/return ticket. Faulty product from point of sale so I don't really want or need to stuff around with ASUS directly.

I really don't know what to do now though. I don't care if I paid an early adopter's tax because I don't want to be without a good card for the rest of the year. And before anyone says "just put a block on it" we shouldn't have to do that to avoid vibrations due to a fault.
    For now I'll just wait to see what Scorptec come back with as a solution and take it from there...

So after everything now we've got fucking Strix fangate too!!! (or shroudgate whatever)

What a steaming pile of shit this launch has been!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

5. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Yeah, not what I'd expect from ASUS, and particularly not with a $3400 card.
    One of those annoying things too, that once you notice it, you can't un-notice it :(

6. Strix

Strix Member

It is glad to meet someone that has same issue.

For me it happen when card is under load so fan start spin. Around 70% of fan speed is makes the noise. I found the left fan makes the sound for me(to find out I have stop the fan with my finger).

I hope Asus find out the problem. In this case if they do not do anything about the problem , I will just ask them if I can get full refund.

I was going to use with waterblock but at last if I need to sell it later on, it will be hard for me to sell anyway.

I will post if I receive something from Asus Service Centre

kot0005 and DEMONDOCTOR like this.
  7. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

Yeah I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem but when I saw your post it made me much happier too. I didn't want to be the only person with this issue.

We'll already be taking a fair hit on resale value so this issue is not something I'm happy to just accept.

I'm going to be SO pissed if I end up without a card for an extended period of time over such a stupid, avoidable problem!

8. nope

nope Member

>nvidia doesnt have rage mode

lelrlerlelrlre
    brb selling my 2080ti for 700 bucks :p

9. xxmorphxx

xxmorphxx Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  10. 335 GT

335 GT Member

Strix have lost the plot and rested on their laurels.

The 5700xt version was hands down the very worst 5700xt you could buy. Mount it normally in the case (upside down) and gravity would cause the cooler to separate from the card. All because they used the incorrect screws. Have they got no QC in that department?

nope likes this.
  11. nope

nope Member

i havent bought asuck crap in years

terrabyte likes this.
  12. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

I had that noise on my 3080 strix too - at around 70-80% fan speed it'd start and sound like it was hitting something. That's gone but now I get what I assume is some sort of whine, under load I get some sort of electrical clicking. Didn't happen on the Tuf.

With Watchdogs, Im getting around 45fps avg in game with RT on ultra, playing at 3440x1440a. There's definitely something cooked performance wise, I get the exact same perf at 2560x1080 and at 3440x1440. I can see a difference with DLSS on but no tangible performance differences.

13. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

14. xxmorphxx

xxmorphxx Member

post as soon as you can I've actually had RMA's directly through there a few times without going through local distro/retailers etc etc

DEMONDOCTOR likes this.
  15. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

off topic*** got my sweet interim card til 6900XT is in stock 2021

https://ibb.co/vs21t3w

mwave with the 2 weeks turn around whooopa!

16. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

also the WD RT implementation is super over done, reflections in puddles and whatnot look seriously out of place in motion.

17. Strix

Strix Member

I just make new thread for our issues. Hope someone has problem on different country as well

DEMONDOCTOR likes this.
  18. SensualDreamstorm

SensualDreamstorm New Member

Nice mate, what number 3080 is this? I'm losing track!

19. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

The stocks of 3000 series of cards just might start becoming more and more available now after the AMD news / releases.. more people will probably cancel their Nvidia orders and switch to AMD ones.

PiNoY likes this.
  20. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

number 3 or 4 lol, but this is it now. I’m happy. The others went to my cousins and friends so everyone is happy as Larry