NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Time to cancel and order a 6800xt

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

750w for a 3070, 850w for a 3080 and a 1000w for a 3090.

The Corsair HX 850 (Platinum) would be a very good PSU for a 3070 (a touch overkill though) or 3080. Although it is a more expensive option than various gold PSU's. The Corsair AX 850 or Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium are two other high end options. The AX/Ultra Prime have the higher Titanium efficiency and a higher price, at the expense of only having a single 12v rail compared to the HX model with a dual rail, the HX supposedly having a better fan system as a whole (despite having the same fan bearing type) but those are really splitting hairs.

The HX can be found as low as $290, a fair amount cheaper than the AX 850. If you can pick one up for around $290 I would just go with that. I have an AX simply because it was easy to find at the couple of stores I bought my parts from in my build when I bought them.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Sledge likes this.
  3. JebbyMongler

JebbyMongler New Member

Mines updated now to 11/11. Any change on yours again?

4. Bass

Bass Member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  5. Zarok77

Zarok77 Member

the "only" 3090 available atm is a strategy to get people spending more money than they planned too... NVidia are Dogs don't forget that;)

Goosegamer likes this.
  6. Strix

Strix Member

7. Skramit

Skramit Member

They said EVGA were giving PLE updates every Friday. So no surprise it updated Friday night.

8. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

That's nice of them, give everyone an ETA so they drop out of the box queue system, then keep pushing back ETA's

9. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

MR CHILLED and Goosegamer like this.
  10. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

11. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

strix oc 3080

Goosegamer likes this.
  12. Tazor

Tazor Member

13. Skramit

Skramit Member

I’m kinda glad now the 3080 stock shortage happened. Yeah it sucks a bit because I’ve had to wait to upgrade....but it’s not like I’ve had no PC. Seeing where AMD landed with the 6800XT gives some real options now. From now until Xmas is gonna be super fun when 6800XT reviews arrive and then hopefully stock of both 3080 and 6800XT start properly appearing.

Tazor and terrabyte like this.
  14. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

15. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Well when I made the order I called the next day to check if it was an issue. And also confirmed with them then on the phone its not a problem.

I wish I could. Honestly I do. But I want to be able to single PC stream and the nvidia nvenc encoder is just far beyond what is on offer at AMD right now.

Nah still says 16th. I spoke to them on the phone and he wouldnt give me numbers but he did say the 16th would be a safe estimate.

He said it would have changed from the 30/10 to 16/11 because I "just" missed out. Which is fine. But then I specifically asked him that if I "just" missed out this delivery why wouldnt I be on the next shipment?

Anyway. Cards to their chest.

While that is logical. It's also BS. If they had a shipment coming in on the 30th. They would know EXACTLY how many cards were coming and how many people on the pre order list. Pretty simple maths. And the fact that I'm apparently not even going to be on the next shipment kind of says that I didnt "just" miss out. So they would have known the 30th was unrealistic and never given me that eta.

Exactly.

I spoke to him a little about it and he said that november is going to be flooded with stock and pretty much everyone would ordered during the launch period (which he said the first week). Should be sorted out by november. But thats not a quotable eta or anything. Just his estimates.

Goosegamer likes this.
  16. Skramit

Skramit Member

We will never know.

But I don’t see why PLE would give you false ETAs that aren’t just based on what they know at the time. It’s going to constantly change given world shortages so I’m sure all they are doing is passing on the latest info from EVGA. Given the extraordinary delays and huge backlog of orders, they don’t have much to gain by deliberately misleading you. If you get fed up and cancel, they have 3000 more orders waiting in line to fill so no great loss for them.

17. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

Hopefully for your sake this is the case and they don't keep pushing it back further and further, an angry phone for me personally would follow soon after

18. JHavoc

JHavoc New Member

Thankfully my EVGA Ultra FTW3 is still the 6th I hope the ETA does not change

I know EVGA were producing more FTWs than XC3's SSJ4 so that could be it

19. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Deliberately misleading isnt the correct word and not what I am saying. They made a mistake no two ways about it.

You don't make an order with manufacturers/distributors and what arrives is a mystery box of contents. You pay for and order 100 cards. 100 cards arrive and 100 orders get fulfilled.

To be fair it could just be as simple as one of the staff making a typo or reading an order sheet incorrectly. Mistakes happen all of the time but without knowing the nature of how that mistake was made I have no way to curb my concerns.

Regardless. I'm allowed to be unhappy about it mate. And to be clear I'm unhappy about the massive change to the eta and makes me nervous about it being pushed out even further. The waiting I can deal with. I build custom mechanical keyboards and wait times for alot of parts are 12 months + so I am a patient person. Just dont jerk me around, tell it to me straight.

Goosegamer likes this.
  20. Skramit

Skramit Member

Fair enough to be annoyed. I think they are giving it you as straight as they can. Everyone with a 3080 pre order is still shitty.

IMO it’s not a typo by some guy at PLE. It’s a case of EVGA telling PLE “you have X cards coming in Y shipment” but then evga changing that advice.

The alternative is they don’t give you an ETA until they have it in their warehouse. Would you prefer that approach?