NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

ive seen more GPUs instock in the forsale thread than all stores in AU. :D

coolroy, Gibbon, power and 1 other person like this.
  2. Voltus

Voltus Member

Just cancelled my PLE order for an EVGA Black at $1139. ( order 875xxx) Probably a mistake but i wanna get a 6800XT. :p

coolroy and Bertross like this.
  3. Straferight

Straferight Member

I don't think you would have been seeing that order this side of Christmas anyway mate

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah the way it's going and the shear number of orders, without a big shipment, I think a lot of people will not be getting cards by crissy unfortunately.

5. akashra

akashra Member

Gigabyte Eagle OC, only becuase by the time I got in they were out of non-OC cards.

Attached Files:

macktheknife and MR CHILLED like this.
  6. Straferight

Straferight Member

Agreed, it would need to be massive and consistent. I know someone with a launch night FTW3 order from PLE with no ETA.

FatBoy and MR CHILLED like this.
  7. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

y ay, my Colorful 3080 has been express shipped from brisbane todday!

See how long it takes to get to melb,. tracking number in hand.

Card and block both due by 05 Nov, just in time for Zen3, will have a complete PC rebuid end of week. woot woot.

then to sell the 3080 2 weeks later to get the opposition!

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nice work! :thumbup:

Comes with the led screen right?

9. coolroy

coolroy Member

Just removed all my dual pcie cables & installed qty 3 new single output pcie cables using three different ports on psu (as per sig).

Now getting slightly better 3dmark scores when overclocking in time spy & port royal. :D

Seems that these gpus are really thirsty.

When running dual 1080's under water never saw this issue... :eek:

aphexer and MR CHILLED like this.
  10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

yeah they must be.....can't believe it doesn't like my reasonably short extender cables, what the!?? :confused:

11. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

havnt looked at the card th at closely tbh

its a colorful RTX3080 Ultra OC -- will do brief testing on stock cooler to make sure its not DOA and is working correctly, then will be putting a block on it :D

12. coolroy

coolroy Member

I had extender cables with lian li leds attached to the pcie cables going to Rtx3090 until earlier today.

It looked pretty but imho it detracted from the clean heart-beat build on the Igame advanced oc, & very possibly affected the cards performance when overclocked.

13. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

So after playing around with a 3090 TUF if you are planning to put a water block on a 3080 or 3090 you are wasting your time unless you shunt mod a 2 8 pin card or get a 3 pin card.

These things are power starved and you don't hit thermal limits anytime before your hitting power limits

14. Voltus

Voltus Member

See thats another thing.. All these artificial Power constraints on the 3080 to segment the market, I dont approve of artificial constraints for profit. ..All the messing around with different power supplies.. it should just be Plug and play if you have the requires Wattage. its not so much i dont like the card, I love the tech.. but the company and the practices are really upsetting.. Why only 10GB? why not 11 or 12? And if recent leaks are to be believed, unless you need the CUDA, the competition is just as good if not better value for 1440p.

15. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

i waterblock my cards because i like lower temps, quieter and operation, and it looks cool.

Dont watercool so i can overclock harder, but thats a by product i guess.

i am yet to see a game use more then 4.4GB on my 1080 Ti @ 1440p

i doubt ill will see close to 10gb usage on any game @ 1440p before im due to upgrade again.

fairplay and jjjc_93 like this.
  16. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Then there is the fact that the 3080 has 760 GB/s bandwidth vs the old 1080Ti with 484 GB/s which is an often forgotten about advancement in vram.

Also agree on the wc thing, a card running at 45c without having to ramp up fans while gaming is a lovely thing to experience. I struggle to find the value in setting up for it at this point but if you have a setup already or cost is no argument then it is the way to go for sure.

nCrypt likes this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well they are effectively a paperweight for me now, I didn't think they made a difference to anything, but clearly they do, especially with these high powered cards. So I won't use them again. And besides having the card vertically mounted I don't see a lot of the cable anyways, plus the psu cables are black and inside a shroud so they look ok.

coolroy likes this.
  18. chook

chook Member

I used to see a lot of talk in the overclocking scene about how using adapters was bad. Around the time when 6-pin cables started to come about and people were using two molex to one 6-pin adapters for GPU's. I think the problem was that you got leakage or something from the adapter. The concept makes sense to me but I don't have enough knowledge to carry on much of a conversation about it.

19. fairplay

fairplay Member

PLE came through with the goods! 8705 order on launch day. It was long wait but i sold my 3090 yesterday so timing was perfect. Doesn't feel as premium as the 3090 but that's expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SSJ4, The Beast, macktheknife and 6 others like this.
  20. Bass

Bass Member

Yes but your butthole hurts a lot less

fairplay likes this.