NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Worthy83

Worthy83 Member

2. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Yup, this is the problem when a component manufacturer (albeit a major component) tries to go to market with a completed product price.

You don't get a price on a car from the engine factory.

This aligns with one of my biggest beefs with people buying, selling and recommending things like graphics cards. People compare chipsets not finished products. "I bought a 2080ti for X last week, they are only worth this". Absolutely irrelevant unless you consider the actual completed product. GPU's are not graphics cards.

Nethiuz likes this.
  3. The Beast

The Beast Member

Context required:
    The were specifically talking about an as yet unannounced "3060" class card which NVidia is rumoured to want to hit $250-300 USD.

This is not talking about the existing 3070/3080/3090 products.

SSJ4 and stiben like this.
  4. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

there is a guy on fb mp selling them brand new with receipt for $1650... in Melbourne if you feel like saving a couple hundred.

coolroy likes this.
  5. coolroy

coolroy Member

Thats a great price for the card imho.

I would have preferred that card to the one I currently have, as I would not be surprised to see the vulcan to overclock & reach same or better scores than my card at stock.

6. 335 GT

335 GT Member

Hunger pains.

nope likes this.
  7. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

That's fair enough. I suppose in essence though using MSRP for anything more than a rough yardstick with a prominent "from" before it is pretty useless anyway. Unless nvidia or AMD have control from chipset production to board production to wholesale and retail distribution they can't know what an open market will pay for a product.

You can set all the target pricing you want, if it's not feasible and profitable to produce and sell at that price it won't happen, well not for long anyway.

8. haza

haza Member

PLE have the EVGA 3080 listed at $1139 (the cheapest EVGA model). Every other store seems to have the exact same model listed for at least $1379. They are all equally out of stock. How do other retailers justify charging so much more? I think board producers like EVGA and others should step in and stop this from happening.

mad_mic3 likes this.
  9. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

One has a direct supply from EVGA, the others are dealing with Australian distributors and the markups they carry.

10. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

Interestingly enough 1139*1.1 (10% applied by distributor) = $1,253.90*1.1 (10% applied by store) = $1,378.19 rounded up to $1389.00

obviously PLE/Distributors are getting it for cheaper, if PLE's sell price is 1139 :) but you get the ideal :)

11. havabeer

havabeer Member

Because retailers like making money??

They have no allegiance to you, a small band of upset people. The only people they care about are the ones willing to pay the inflated "demand" price.

Do you sell 4x cards at $50 profit OR one card at $200? I can tell you which is easier.

Better yet when demand is high and stock is low, why not make some extra money and sell all 4 cards for $200 profit.

I cant really see Evga caring, or really being able to do THAT much about it other then saying "no cards for you" which really hurts their own bottom line as their not selling as many cards

8MadDog8 likes this.
  12. doichosach

doichosach Member

I ordered 3080 trio x from Harris Technology on Friday and received it this Morning.

mad_mic3, coolroy and ricmc like this.
  13. DARREN

DARREN Member

The killer thing at Big Apple Buddy is the shipping cost. SUPER overinflated by like $200 USD more than it should be. I even sent them a message asking why is the shipping so high. B&H Photovideo shipping a RTX3080 = $60USD, BigAppleBuddy shipping a RTX3080 = $260USD. I guess if you like being gouged again and again their service is up there with the best.

14. chook

chook Member

Can't remember the precise time frame but PCIe 5.0 was ratified maybe a week after AMD released X570 and Zen 2. Then the hype about Intel's next CPU's supporting PCIe 5.0 began and the train has just kept rolling to different destinations ever since.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  15. Luno

Luno Member

Anyone else order a strix and have any kind of eta?

16. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Meanwhile, Intel's consumer CPUs are yet to even support gen 4.0 :Paranoid:

chook, coolroy and Luno like this.
  17. OJR

OJR Member

What’s an Intel?

18. Hibba

Hibba Member

Doesn't seem to be fan related. I does how ever seem to be getting a lot my quieter then when I first got the card, maybe it just one of those things ha

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Heads up....new Nvidia driver out....457.30.

coolroy likes this.
  20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Give me a break, I'm living in Intel world, they are a little behind :D