NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

its all around how EVGA has done their power balancing, it draws too much over the PCIe slot when compared to the other cards so that is what limits it.

Also your going to throw shade at one of the few people on youtube that actually knows how to overclock cards past moving a slider and actually does shunt modding and adding extra shit to the cards common dude

here you can see how the power balancing hitting the pcie slot and not allowing the 3 8 pins to draw more

the 8 pins are good for 150w and yet never get over 115-120w with the 500w because the load balance is wrong and maxes out the PCIe lane and doesn't allow for the 8 pins to draw up to 150w which is what the 8 pin plug is rated for

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    sskmercer likes this.
  2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

EVGA badoneoneoneone!111oneone boycott them !11oneone. Jacob F from EVGA must have fucked their girlfriends or something because goddamn the level of manchildren youtuber whining is off the scale. Then you get the know it all's at Gamers Nexus doing "PCB Breakdowns" off pictures of pre-release cards that have since changed for the production model and then idiots who have no idea what they're talking about spent the next 5 years shittalking the card/brands because of it.

Meanwhile in the real world the Port Royal results list is filled with EVGA cards and the current single card #1 is Kingpin with an EVGA 3090.

heslo likes this.
  3. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

cool the the Kingpin probably does not have the same issue as the FTW3 then seeing how its Vinces baby and he gets to control design a lot more

4. @sia@home

@sia@home Member

Buy one and put 20mR on top of the 5mR sense resistor for the PCI-E. I reckon you'll still hit another limit.

5. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

did you even watch the video? he did just that and gained a extra 1700 extra points on timespy, the whole issue is how the power balancing caps out performance

6. ominae

ominae Member

Hopefully you haven’t answered this already - but where did you redeem it? Colorful website?

I think I snagged at Vulcan 3080 today, don’t want to jinx it, but it’s been dispatched from evatech >< only took near 8 weeks of mashing F5....

nCrypt likes this.
  7. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

ye thru colorful website.

but still havnt received it. so no idea whats going on.

8. ominae

ominae Member

Hmm that’s no good, try the nvidia website direct?

9. Bass

Bass Member

Almost identical to my score (https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/15312521/spy/15318544#) but I've been playing around a bit with undervolting already. Going to have a go at the method used in this post tomorrow. At the moment I'm just yanking the curve at 875mw up to a 1980mhz flatline. Interested to see if a more stepped approach has a benefit.

https://hardforum.com/threads/rtx-3000-series-undervolt-discussion.2003050/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  10. wraith666

wraith666 Member

You should get a notification with the tracking details soon if it says dispatched. Mine had the same and I got the tracking number a few hours ago.

11. Bass

Bass Member

Damn that's pretty average. I submitted mine to Zotac mid morning today and got it this afternoon.

12. M4g3X0r

M4g3X0r Member

My Gaming X Trio finally shipped from PCCG order #24842XX.. hopefully it comes tomorrow!

ricmc and Scarecow like this.
  13. ominae

ominae Member

Yah got one, i still hesistant to trust/believe it ><

14. Reedy

Reedy Member

Is this something that could be fixable with a bios update? Or is the power balancing handled passively through analogue circuits? It might help explain why my efforts with the 450w bios have yielded exactly nothing.

15. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Undervolted mine. Dont see the need to pump out enough heat to turn my PC internals into a hellscape.

16. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

given that the 500w BIOS doesn't fix it it may very be a hardware thing that you just cant fix, we have to wait and see if EVGA ever acknowledge it and see if they try to fix it

17. heslo

heslo Member

Anyone with an EVGA card been able to do the redemption? I got told flat out through EVGA that since my card wasn't purchased direct from them that I don't qualify

18. danny889

danny889 Member

Where did you purchase yours from?
    PLE have a link on their listing, so I'd suggest you contact your retailer first

upload_2020-11-16_23-41-35.png

19. fairplay

fairplay Member

Thats fake news. I claimed Cold War a week ago by creating an account on the au EVGA site. It involved uploading serial and invoice and took not even 24hrs for it to get approved.

20. heslo

heslo Member

Could be where I went wrong, I messaged directly and got this reply

"Hello,

I do apologize, however the codes we have are only for orders from EVGA.com. We can't supply codes for purchases from other retailers per NVIDIA's terms. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank You,
    Rob"

All good, I've now gone through the link on the AU webpage and it seems it let me claim my code; just need to wait for it to be emailed to me. Thanks guys!!

mad_mic3 and fairplay like this.