NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Anko300

Anko300 Member

i'm pretty sure PLE was holding hundreds of thousands of $ in pre orders for 3000 series, they recently updated there allocation information system - highly likely a bunch of customers already did complaints as there was a large pool of customers

also notice they are not taking pre orders for 6800 XT cards

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  2. Bass

Bass Member

My little Non-OC Zotac Trinity doesn't seem too shabby. My current benching profile is 2010/+1000 mem @ 893mw @ 336w PL (100% fans). Hasn't crashed in a game yet but I've only tried it for a few hours. Been getting the itch to stick the AMP BIOS on there just to see how big my willy is. Runs nice and quiet/cool in games with custom fan curve.

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/517937 (12216)

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/15433321 (18804 graphics)

3. OJR

OJR Member

Re the scumbag act;

You might as well add Scorptec to the list... and PCCG, computer alliance, MSY... see where I’m going with this?

stroggos2k likes this.
  4. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

5. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

guess im lucky, always go and pickup.

very rarely do i order online and get delivered (pretty much covid was only reason)

PCCG are back to being an online store, used covid to cull staff and permanently close their storefront. No loss, PCCG were only ever for watercooling parts, which now Scorptec (corsair/tt) and PLE (everything) now stock, so PCCG are completely irrelevant.

Scorptec have had the best customer service for years. PLE is up there too. Again, lucky, i live a short drive from All of them. :D

NB: Loyal Scorptec Customer here. has been first preference for years, will continue to be :)

6. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

the reviews I’ve seen show it has dual bios.

great card to use with the strix bios for that 450pl

7. OJR

OJR Member

Yeah I guess what I'm getting at is that if they're all doing it, perhaps it's beyond their control.

However it doesn't help that they generate all this hype knowing full well there isn't enough stock of anything.

nCrypt likes this.
  8. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

I'm thinking of cancelling my order with PLE and going with Scorptec, I might give them a call once they open.

9. Pr3dator8

Pr3dator8 Member

My problem is I think I need the evga card to fit into my SM550 case :S. And My PLE preorder seems to be my best bet for getting one. I think the Asus tuf might fit too

10. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

Yeah the XC3 cards are the only ones that will fit my setup..

11. Trizae

Trizae Member

Just curious why are you canceling a preorder with PLE and going to Scorptec?

Wouldn’t you keep your current pre order and pre order at Scorptec and see whichever arrives quicker? Does Scorptec have stock available currently? This is assuming you haven’t paid in full and are just waiting that is..

What card and when did you preorder?

12. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

I'd call Scorptec first to see what their wait times are first of course. PLE just isn't moving, probably because their queue is so long thanks to selling at RRP.

3080 XC3 Ultra launch day order, others who have ordered the same card from Scorptec after me have received their cards. I paid in full, and can't really afford to have two cards on order simultaneously.

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Do any PC components retailers allow deposits? Seems like everyone I've seen in this thread has paid in full up front

14. shmity

shmity Member

https://support.scorptec.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/900003490946

I ordered an xc3 gaming ultimate yesterday based on scorptecs availablity chart showing a) 80of back orders delivered and b) the most recent unfilled order was on the 13/11. They had 4-6 week wait that I was happy to take. They just emailed me and said it'll be ready next week. If you order now then you might be lucky.

15. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Umart has done a full PLE this round with 6800XT, took thousands too many orders and are holding everyone's money. No 1 click cancel like PCCG, have to call them up which they then say sorry no call centre people due to Typhoon.

16. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

Aaaaand this is exactly what I'm talking about :lol:

It is an extra $200, but at least I might get it this year.

17. Trizae

Trizae Member

What time on launch day did you put the order through? And know your order # estimate? I only ask because I pre ordered the same card launch day (11:17 to be precise) and mine arrived just over a week ago.

The reason I asked him was it was on launch day outside of them verifying my credit card details I didn't need to pay in full once it was verified and I even queried if they were going to charge me the funds as they were still there and they said no I was fine card is verified let me know about eta and that was that

I knew it would be a delay either was happy to wait to not pay beyond msrp as I knew a shitshow with pricing was incoming.

Mind you had a 2070 super which was more than adequate to make the wait much easier :)

18. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Either Centre com or Comp Alliance does order holds without taking any money.
    I am unsure which one but Hellaflush has like one of each brand card on pre order in a huge cart waiting to see what he gets, no money taken.

19. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

Sorry I was a little misleading with my order time, I ordered during the day after launch night, order SO-8738XX. And yes, the full payment was taken straight away.

I didn't mind the wait time when I ordered, as I was getting the card much cheaper than other retailers. But how long is that cheaper price worth it?

EDIT: What was your order number?

Trizae likes this.
  20. wraith666

wraith666 Member

I can't believe I waited over a month for PLE to then get a card within a week from Evatech. A 3080 is a 3080 (minus a couple of outliers)