NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Trizae

Trizae Member

Nah that's alright mate no need to apologise :)

It does give it more clarity now that I understand your situation a bit better now! Yeah if I ordered next day at the similar time + had to pay in full + no eta etc by now I may not be as patient as of today :lol: but I'd still keep the pre order if that was me. I see ole mate above and some people are getting them sooner if you can budget it order through scorptec as well and see what they say (4 - 6 seems reasonable if he ordered yesterday and receiving next week) and pick or cancel the one that doesn't show up first and get full refund.

Mind you luck and developments between yesterday and today is a huge factor who knows how many have been doing the same since yesterday since the new scorp developments hahaha good luck eitherway :)

edit: my order number was 8699XX

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Some people reported they only paid a $1 (or something minimal) when they pre-ordered. But I think you can count them on one hand, majority would have paid full prices at launch I suspect. And I think that's BS especially with something like this. A token deposit of $100 should be what is charged at order stage, and the balance when it is shipping to the customer or when disti has it.

mesaoz likes this.
  3. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat New Member

Yeah I guess I'll see what Scorptec says and make a decision..

How's your XC3's temps and noise levels going?

4. AlmostHuman

AlmostHuman Member

I have an order with BPC Tech with no deposit at all. It may not be helpful to you though, since to get it you have to select pickup in store (Melbourne) and then you get an option to pay on pickup.

5. Trizae

Trizae Member

On a quite humid 30+ degree day in Melb windows closed no ac/fans on in terms of room temp - control/timespy rtx highest settings multi mon from 144hz 1440 Samsung & LGCX | 78 degrees in a fractal r3 closed case, for clarity on an average day high 60s low seventies. Very inaudible on load no coil wine.

The loudest thing was my p747pro before I jettisoned it off and upgraded to a ps5 apartment is silent!

And now I know what peace and quiet feels like between the pc and ps5 I am very very happy with the card/pc/ps5 on air if you couldn’t tell haha :lol:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  6. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat New Member

Similar weather here in Brisbane for the most part, so that's great news. I'm very much looking forward to moving away from my noisey 980Ti, plus the struggle of pushing ultrawide 120hz.

I want a PS5 just for Spiderman :D

7. Trizae

Trizae Member

hahaha well as someone who still has his second previous primary rig with a 980ti still going strong in it. Mate you'll fall in love! :lol:

i've come full circle got it for demon souls (got the ps4 for bloodborne after avoiding ps3 altogether) now I picked miles morales ultimate and spiderman after i heard they were 60 on ps5 and their damn good! You have alot to look forward too :) keep us posted how you go with scorpy!

8. retrofitter

retrofitter Member

Within a reasonable timeframe - Both parties are aware that demand vastly outstrips supply

9. Sledge

Sledge Member

Which one is that? Got a link?

10. Skramit

Skramit Member

PCCG still stock a lot of unique items, especially cable mod gear. When they shut the pickups in first covid lockdown I was assuming they would open it again but clearly not. Such a shithouse move for locals. Every time I went to pick up from PCCG it was busy so it’s not like there wasn’t plenty of demand for local pickup. So as you say, the only reason must be cost cutting of staff which is a shame for jobs and locals wanting to pick up.
    Luckily Scorpy, Centrecom, PLE, CPL and MSY are all within 10 min drive :) PCCG are dead to me as their shipping sucks balls most of the time.

zarthaz, nCrypt and stroggos2k like this.
  11. Dunska

Dunska Member

12. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

I bought an EVGA power supply from them in 2018, their website went down as I was checking out and gave me a cloudflare error, I waited half an hour, didn't get any order confirmation and then re-booked in my order. They charged me twice anyway and it took a dozen phone calls and emails over the period of a couple of weeks to get them to refund me for the other order. Not a big fan, their point of sales customer service is good but they become rude, terse and lazy as soon as you need them do anything remotely complicated.

13. Skramit

Skramit Member

14. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

I was surprised that Hardly Normals price was same as scorptec's (gaming x trio), would have gone through them but getting items shipped out of Mexico (Vic) is a fucking joke at the moment also they were $30 cheaper on freight

15. Skramit

Skramit Member

16. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

Colorful Vulcan 3080 Bios downloaded.

now to flash this 3080, see how this goes....woot

Thats unfortunate.

i often find you get treated how you treat them, act like a menace and angry customer get treated like one :p (not saying you did, but every workplace will have an incompetent staff member at some point)

each to their own, very little online experience, usually just walk in, and chat too the guys who know me mug from over the years.

with that being said had to order online for AMD releases, and was no issue with Scorptec.

yeah, use to be PCCG for watercooling.

now its PLE, and SCORP (no EK though)

And then if i have too PCCG, since no pickup, if i need the part that day, which you often do when doing a full custom loop, having no pickup is stupid, and deal breaker.

stroggos2k likes this.
  17. OJR

OJR Member

I see us being pulled up on vendor verdicts shortly but...

Wasn’t PCCG recently sold to Chinese? It was always owned by Asians but Australian Asians. I heard that it was recently sold to overseas Chinese investors. Makes sense that they cut as much price as possible while maximising profits.

18. Copie

Copie Member

A quick cursory glance at their ACN indicates an owner change happened on the 31st of may, and the exact info is behind a paywall

19. shmity

shmity Member

20. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

i intend to trust ONLINE websites less if they are .com - compared to .COM.AU

Ie its pccasegear.com and not .com.au

Little mostly irrelavant thing, but Australian based company, why not have an Australian Based domain.

History on PC CASE GEAR PTY LTD

Definitely some changes occurred this year, and lodged with ASIC.

I can tell you those changes, but not going to publish information which is not publicy available (below information is)

12/11/2020 7EBC20366
    (FR 2020) (388)
    Financial Report (388)
    Financial Report - Large Proprietary Company That Is Not A (388H)
    Disclosing Entity ()
    Company - Appoint Change Name/address of Auditor (388E)

13/05/2020 9EAA32783
    (484)
    Change to Company Details (484)
    Change to Ultimate Holding Company (484D)
    Appointment or Cessation of a Company Officeholder (484E)
    Changes to (Members) Share Holdings (484N)

12/02/2020 7EAT77737
    (484)
    Change to Company Details (484)
    Change Officeholder Name or Address (484A1)
    Change Member Name or Address (484A2)

stroggos2k likes this.