NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Went with normal mount instead of vertical, it's just too sexy the backplace brushed metal with dragon RGB logo.
    Plus the side that sticks out the RGB runs down along it like a river.
    The front looks cool and yes would look good vertical but it has tiny RGB bits and i'd miss the cool AF logo.

BIG DWIFTER and jjjc_93 like this.
  2. SiCo

SiCo Member

Thanks mate, submitted! :)

3. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Its a very nice looking card! Must be very heavy lol.

Are there PCIE 4.0 vertical mounts out yet?

Nethiuz likes this.
  4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Pics or GTFO

Luno and Nethiuz like this.
  5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

No idea if my vertical mount extension is rated for 4.0 good idea should probably check, except i am not gonna use it anymore anyway.
    It came with the case, proper design, so the fans are actually far from the glass with good flow. Phanteks P400A

Discord. ;)

raincloudx and jjjc_93 like this.
  6. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

I have 1440p 165hz, 4k 120hz HDR OLED and two lowly 4k 60hz HDR(one OLED).

I can't decide which one to game on lol.

PC has always been on the 27" Predator, but now with new gpus and...

The series X(and black friday) has forced me to finally get the 65" CX.

Now I need a 2.1 receiver, it never ends.

Good choice.

No one needs to see more RGB/fans lol.

What a stupid idea for air cooled cards.

It's for water-cooled cards only people!!!!

Please stop creating RGB windfarms that sound like a hurricane and look like a toddler has puked rainbow paddle pop.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  7. ThaShadow

ThaShadow Member

Glad you finally got one Nethiuz!

Nethiuz likes this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie New Member

Wish I could say the same, my rtx 3090 was ordered last Friday from umart and it has to get to regional Victoria. The last tracking update was at 5.35pm on Friday where it said that Australia Post has it. It is meant to be express post!

Nethiuz likes this.
  9. blublu

blublu Member

Can't believe it actually came... so PLE, when's the 5900x ever going to get an ETA??? Was quite happy to slum it on a 980ti actually since I have no CPU to have fun with it :(
    Arrived just as the 2080ti was getting boxed and shipped so ... goodbye Strix *snifflez*

IMG-20201121-WA0001.jpeg

Trizae, ricmc, heslo and 5 others like this.
  10. Luno

Luno Member

mid it helps I had an eta on my 5900x of the 13th, that changed to the 20th and that changed to the 25th. And I’m going to assume that’s gonna change to a later date tomorrow as well

11. The Beast

The Beast Member

Can the CX do audio pass through to an amp? I have a 7.1 Atmos Amp and wouldn't want to replace it just for HDMI 2.1

12. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

Yes...

...but your receiver will also need to be HDMI 2.1 like the series x, new gpus and of course the CX if you want 4k HDR 120hz GSYNC/VRR passthrough.

I too have a receiver that is good up to to 60hz.

I'm going to have to upgrade it when some that work properly are available, or an audio sharc.

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Good old red lips! : ) Welcome to the club buddy, you will love it.

14. ominae

ominae Member

Nah i think that was the advance or something.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie New Member

I have the 3090 version of that EVGA GPU heading my way, in horseback I would say with how far it has progressed. I thought the FTW3 looked ugly but now I have one coming I think they look beautiful, lol.

16. liveordie

liveordie Member

Can i join in on the photos cheers...

[​IMG]

Trizae, ricmc, pH@tTm@N and 6 others like this.
  17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Got my Acer X38 this morning. A good idea that I got it shipped express because the box might not have fit in my car :lol: Ordered it from Scorptec on Sunday evening for $2800, arrived this morning via Auspost Express. I decided to spend the money I saved 'only' getting a 3080 not a 3090 on a new monitor since my X34 is ~5 years old and I felt like an upgrade. I had considered the cheaper Alienware monitor coming out this week but it only does 144hz, and all the LG 38" screens are going to be out of stock for a while and reading on the X38 it has a better fan in the back (not that I can hear it in summer since I've got a ceiling fan going almost constantly). The last ones I considered were new versions of the X34 (G & GS) coming out with refresh rates up to 200hz, but with no idea when they were coming I ended up going with the X38 to get it here ready for Cyberpunk.

Amazing monitor makes the x34 look like shit, the 160hz & 175hz overclock worked perfectly (I'm still trying to decide if I go the full 175hz with chroma subsampling or leave it at 160hz for normal rgb, it's pretty easy to switch so I think I'll just leave it at 160hz unless I'm playing a game I want the extra speed). Really great picture colour & quality. Loaded up GTA 5 and Doom Eternal and they're both amazing looking, Doom Eternal at full ultra (minus motion blur) at 3840x1600 was still getting 250fps. There's a small amount of vignetting at the edges of the screen but it's barely registerable unless you're looking for it. Minor IPS glow again at the edges but only really visible in a fully black screen situation and it doesn't bother me.

It's right at the edge of the "this is too big a screen to work on" so there's no way I'm going to ever get a bigger screen (and I don't understand how people can 40/45/50" tvs sitting at a desk) and the refresh rate is so high that anything higher will be very rapidly diminishing returns. Could easily see myself using it for more than a decade unless there are some gigantic improvements in refresh rate & response time and a price cut to match.

James086 likes this.
  18. heslo

heslo Member

Congrats dude, got mine from PLE a few weeks back; fucking love it!

macktheknife likes this.
  19. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Nice one. I've got the slow Dell 60Hz Ultrasharp 38" 3840x1600, and I think it's about perfect for size and resolution. Scaling shits me to tears, and I think the dot pitch at that size/res is just about right.
    I've also used a 43" 4K 16:9 screen, but I think the 38" 3840x1600 is better for both work and games - at least what I use it for, anyway. The 43" seemed too physically big vertically, if you know what I mean. Gave me a sore neck :D

I'm looking to upgrade to either the X38, the Alienware one or an LG early next year, just for the higher refresh. Don't want anything bigger or higher resolution. At one stage I thought a slightly scaled up version (maybe the same 21:9 or 21:10 ratio but 2160 vertically and whatever that works out to horizontally using the same dot pitch) would be good, but I think it'd be physically too big.

macktheknife likes this.
  20. havabeer

havabeer Member

Not to sound like an arse, but what brand even is that?