NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. akromatic

akromatic Member

it does scale with ultrawide , just poorly. DLSS render target has always been 4k and ultrawide just have more on screen "content" then 4k.

that said having a 3ghz CPU doesnt really help ether so im probably losing another 10 fps there. the only way to get more performance is to downgrade my CPU to something with higher native clocks or a whole platform change

2. PureFire

PureFire Member

3. The Beast

The Beast Member

That's an interesting concept, I might send it to Digital Foundry as a query because you raise an interesting point about DLSS, is it technique with diminishing returns based on FOV?? I had assumed not, but you're saying otherwise!

Nah, not sure I agree with that. I'm running CP2077 at 1080p on my gaming laptop and the performance/quality is literally amazing.

Perhaps early DLSS was optimised for 4K, but it definitely scales down these days.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

DLSS2.0 also doing well here on 1440p

Can notice it on balanced but looks like native res with taa turned on when in dlss quality mode and gives a noticeable fps bump

Ray tracing is a bit of a waste of time in cyberpunk and call of duty given the performance hit for the minute visual improvement imo, looks good in Minecraft though...

5. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

6. nope

nope Member

3080ti 2k aud what a bargain! **slams head on Ikea desk til I knock a hole in it**

CoD511 and netlord like this.
  7. akromatic

akromatic Member

its not just basically 1440p though. its 2x 1440p. in pure pixels wise yes 4k has more pixels to render but i believe it is more dlss optimized as it can scale from more common 16:9 renders at higher resolution while super ultrawide has to render from a much lower resolution and another whole 1440p monitor worth of content that most people wont be able to see so it is harder to drive or more content to render.

anyway im not entirely sure of how it really works but its what ive experienced

struggling to hit 60fps with theHunter: call of the wild as well. I dont recall my 1080ti struggling that much.

8. James086

James086 Member

5120*1440 looks good for me using the balanced DLSS setting in Cyberpunk. I'm also using a 3090. The performance and ultra-performance presets lacked detail.

9. groovetek

groovetek Member

AA in the game is probably its main weak point. It's inconsistent, whether DLSS is on or off, and hopefully they will bring out configurable settings in the near future for AA. DLSS off makes it more obvious that there are jagged edges all over the place.

DLSS in quality does tend to round edges off making them seem slightly blurred, yet there are still sharp aliased light bars (lots of light pattern type objects in the game), so yeah not totally ideal.

Still a stunning game in certain areas regardless. FWIW, on many gaming monitors you can set the "sharpness" up a notch which I think works well with DLSS Quality.

nope likes this.
  10. nope

nope Member

Yeah compared to death stranding is craaap aa

11. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

DLSS has been fine for me at ultrawide 3440x1440. Cyberpunk doesn't have the greatest implementation of dlss ever imo but it is pretty good considering it is a large scale open world and not a more enclosed space like Control. Using the nvidia sharpening filter (sparingly) and even tweaking the texture lod bias can bring some sharpness and detail back to the image with no performance hit.

Comparison image for lod tweak:
    https://imgsli.com/MzI3MzI

12. nope

nope Member

Looked like smeared piss to me unless u run it at native or downsample

13. akromatic

akromatic Member

what settings are you using and what FPS are you getting? what are the rest of your system specs?

balanced DLSS gets me 30-40fps and the game feels choppy

14. James086

James086 Member

I'm currently on holiday so I can't access my PC to check precisely but I was using the ultra raytracing preset with a few things turned down to help with FPS and balanced DLSS. I tweaked some things based on the Digital Foundry guide but didn't match his recommendations exactly. I'd get about 50-60 fps but with a G-sync monitor that's an ok compromise for me. There are some nasty framerate drops when driving but for most of the game it's good enough.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X stock but it boosts pretty high
    RAM: 32GB at 3800MHz C17
    GPU: RTX3090 and it runs at about 2000 MHz in game (watercooled)
    Resolution: 5120*1440 (Samsung Odyssey G9)

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

nope likes this.
  16. havabeer

havabeer Member

Just buy a gigabyte 3080.

Nvidia arent going to release a 3090 beating 3080ti, and if it does its still only going to be 20 - 30% faster (like a normal ti vs 80) so over clock the 3080 and hope for the best.

nope likes this.
  17. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Just wait for the 4080 :lol:

nope likes this.
  18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I stand by my statement that some 3000 series pre-orders will be received after new 4000 series cards are here :leet:

nope likes this.
  19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

byski block coming for us cheap bastards with the scorptec special 3070 twin edge of and don't have aluminium compatible loops for the EK block.

- and the alphacool one with 10,000 orings coming soon also

[​IMG]

20. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

So apparently, 3060 ultra will be a thing and will carry 12GB and performance above 3060Ti.....talking about nvidia getting rid of super and Ti :lol:

Also funny that 3060 card will carry more ram than their highend model or at least until next month anyway when 3080ti comes out

So instead of super we have ultra for thsi gen....3080 Ultra Super Titanium