NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Skramit

Skramit Member

hehe yeah that inno3d one scarred me! but a ftw3 would be my 4th one in my pc :p

21/9 so couple days later after i saw the pricing was so good on the evga at PLE

Trizae likes this.
  2. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

3. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Not bad lol, they've gone up almost $200 since so you've done well

4. Skramit

Skramit Member

Yeah thats why i kept the pre order when i saw stock issues continuing to plague into 2021....it would be fairly easy to sell if i dont want it. i wanna see what the FTW3 RGB looks like and how the card performs vs the strix.... then will decide.

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Personally I think given their fulfillment ratios (although I haven't checked the sheet in a while) and general comments both here and over at WP, probably PLE is the last place I would be buying from.

Skramit likes this.
  6. Skramit

Skramit Member

Yeah they still have big pre order lists for 3080s. See here.... https://www.ple.com.au/RTX30-Buying-Information

upload_2021-1-20_10-14-7.png

WuzzA21 and MR CHILLED like this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Wow, some of those numbers are just shocking :wired: As I've said before here if you're not overly picky with which particular brand/model you're after you can relatively easily snipe one somewhere. May cost you a bit more but at least you're off the never ending bandwagon of waiting months for a card.

8. 123realtalk

123realtalk Member

OMG I was wondering why the blocks disappeared from my order - It has an ETA of 29/1/2020!!!!!

EVGA 3080 FTW3 (non ultra) - 87038x from PLE

The Beast, Skramit and Trizae like this.
  9. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I think everybody knows that, but the value in these cards does not lie in the $1,600+ sniping opportunities that often pop up. Those with the patience to wait for their $1200 cards to arrive won this generation imo.

varin, The Beast, Skramit and 2 others like this.
  10. heslo

heslo Member

Definitely glad I stayed up launch night for my FTW3 Ultra from PLE. I still needed to wait nearly 2 months for delivery but I have been using it all this time and it cost me $1259; can't argue!

netlord likes this.
  11. Skramit

Skramit Member

Yeah $1259 is pretty sweet pricing wise for a mid range 3080 with 3 x 8pin. its why im leaning towards keeping the FTW3 and selling the strix.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

When cards are churning over so frequently these days I don't call waiting 4 months a win to save a few hundies.

13. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

What have these people missed out on? Another rehashed COD with raytracing or Cyberpunk that is probably going to be a better experience later than it is currently. If you have a 1080ti or mid-high end 20 series card you're still sweet and not exactly stuck with not being able to game for that time. In hindsight I would have sat in the queue and waited as well. Especially when that few hundie is up to $600 in some cases of shortly available cards.

14. hYpz0r

hYpz0r Member

Finally got around to overclocking the msi trio 3080 and scored this so far:
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/17563722

I flashed the suprim bios and cranked the power limit to full which is 430w. What are people gaining from memory OC? So far with +500 mem I only gained about 250 points.

Also, I can get these clocks to run in timespy but when I load up warzone, its crashing. Even dropping 25 mhz on core still crashes. Any suggestions on this?

netlord likes this.
  15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Synthetic stable and game stable, very different beasts. Wind it all the way back and OC separately for games.

Utilise the multiple profiles at your disposal.

hYpz0r and Skramit like this.
  16. Skramit

Skramit Member

Thats consistent with other people.

I can OC my Strix to 2100mhz and timespy is fine. but try to run warzone or CP2077 it crashes with any overclock. I wonder if its to do with Timespy not using ray tracing and those games i mentioned use heavy ray tracing. So maybe the ray tracing cores are not happy with the bigger overclocks? Hard to know.... Im just pondering.

hYpz0r likes this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Lots of stuff that people do with video cards whilst others are using and doing stuff with their cards. If there wasn't a rush for them why did they sit up to late hours on launch night to make sure of a purchase. To save a couple hundred bucks? No one knew what the prices would be after launch night anyways. Furthermore when the next card comes out and they upgrade the cards will still depreciate by the same amount of money whether you recieved it a week after launch night or 4 months later....the difference being those who got theirs months later lost 4 months of use in the process.

18. hYpz0r

hYpz0r Member

I don't have ray tracing on in wz and it doesnt use any near as much power as timespy does so i thought it might be a bit odd. I was thinking something along the lines that maybe since theres more voltage fluctuation its causing a crash?

19. OJR

OJR Member

Pretty sure RTX doesn’t work in Warzone anyway

20. Skramit

Skramit Member

Fair enough. I was just pondering.