NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. havabeer

havabeer Member

That is 1 sexy rig

azz likes this.
  2. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

What do you mean when you say +60Mhz? The custom core clock/voltage curve entirely replaces the core clock slider (i.e. it will just say 'Curve' instead of a number), so there shouldn't be any +60Mhz.

Should look like this:

[​IMG]
    whatsapp share url

netlord likes this.
  3. netlord

netlord Member

Hmm, i did get it to plot like the screenshot on the far right, however i dont remember seeing "Curve" in the Core Clock.

Also, how did u unlock Core Voltage in Afterburner, mines greyed out?
    I have to do that part in EVGA's Precision X1.

By the way, thanks for your efforts, i really appreciate it!

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

azz and jekel like this.
  5. azz

azz Member

Cheers, a nice and simple starting point.

Yep that is them. www.watercool.de for a direct link.

Thanks. As above, Watercool brand from Germany. Heatkiller is the brand name they use for their flagship waterblocks. Being German, the focus is on low noise levels (workplace laws on sound levels) so the rads are optimized for 600-800rpm. Having an industrial origin, the barbs are copper tubing with the threaded connection soldered on. Each port is slightly off being perfectly straight, so in my infinite wisdom I bent them a little to aid aesthetics...and cracked one of them. Luckily the shroud was removable and I managed to solder the crack and it's all good (6 months ago, no leaks). They have a new range coming within weeks that is addressing this and some other aspects.

Works for me though since I want a whisper quite rig for Aussie summer and a copper and nickel aesthetic. The brass barbs work well for me. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    MR CHILLED likes this.
  6. Trizae

Trizae Member

7. havabeer

havabeer Member

What case is it? Did you do a build log?

8. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

No problem.

It's an option you need to select in afterburner. If you go into Settings>General there are 2 options for 'Unlock Voltage Control' and 'Unlock Voltage Monitoring'. Tick both of those and you're good to go.

netlord likes this.
  9. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

10. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

11. twister292

twister292 Member

Managed to order a 3080 Gaming OC from Umart following an alert from a Discord server. Got incredibly lucky because unlike the last 2 times I tried, I managed to actually check out successfully. And just as I placed my order at $1469, the price went up a few minutes later to $1599.

The MSI Gaming X Trio is also up to $1599 at Umart (still at its old price at Centrecom etc though), the Tuf is approaching Strix/Suprim pricing at some retailers...

Supply has really dried up. Pre-Christmas there was almost a nightly restock at Umart, usually Gigabyte and that was for almost 2 straight weeks. Now it's a random card here and there.

Before the Gaming OC, I did manage to snag a Suprim from Centrecom early jan and the Vision OC from Umart mid Dec but cancelled all of those orders. I didn't want to pay the $1759 for the Suprim and the Vision doesn't go with my system. I've always been after the Gaming OC because of dual BIOS and 4 year warranty.

Now the wait for AusPost to deliver it...

azz, coolroy and Skramit like this.
  12. Skramit

Skramit Member

Nice pickup!

13. netlord

netlord Member

Update and an FWI...
    Did exactly as suggested, however port royal barely lasted 1 sec before locking up and eventually crashing to desktop.

I think your suggestions will be better applied as undervolting options (in my case); a low power mode for legacy games and modest/medium clock for modern titles.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  14. clAssymeerKat

clAssymeerKat Member

Finally got around to undervolting, stable .850v @ 1850MHz on my XC3 Ultra.

No loss in game performance, higher timespy score and hovers around 66 degrees in most games now. Which is pretty decent in an H210i. :D

Trizae and Skramit like this.
  15. Supersize

Supersize Member

So what's the general consensus on the Inno3D RTX 3090 iCHILL X4, I just ordered one for a new 5900x build, it's all I can get at the moment.
    Can't really find much info about them other than don't bother trying to OC them.

It's going in a O11 Dynamic with 3 bottom intake fans, so plenty of air.

(Yeah I'm still alive, been a while :lol:)

16. Anko300

Anko300 Member

Does anyone know what's going on with the 3080 strix (white)? not too far off low end 3090 prices

17. azz

azz Member

Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL. No build log...the last build log I posted has 0 responses so couldn't be bothered. Just very time consuming and lots of swearing.

18. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Don't bother overclocking it.

If it's anything like the x3, it'll power limit at 350... sent inno3d a WTF? email since their specs for all four 3090's state 370w.... but mine's peaking at 349w. :(

19. Supersize

Supersize Member

Yeah I wasn't going to bother overclocking, it'll be used on a Samsung Odyssey G7, which is only 1440p anyway.
    I'm seriously contemplating doing water cooling, I figured a 360mm RAD should be fine for the 5900x and 3090. (EK Quantum Power DRGB P360 kit, with GPU block)

I was told about the XOC Bios that allows 1000w, but IDK how the card would take that seeing it claims to be rated at 370w.

20. havabeer

havabeer Member