1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

Then my question to the Vega/R7 owners stands.

Vega 64 with 483.8 GB/s should get ~460fps

R7 with 1024gbps should get 700~fps

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Overclocked or standard gddr6 speed on the amd cards?

Decent gddr6 chips can clock WELL above reference frequency.

3. PureFire

PureFire Member

The R7 would never achieve 700fps with 60 compute units and overall lower performance in comparison to a 2080Ti.

Those figures are founders edition/reference. You are right though, the fps should be higher with an aftermarket AIB card.

4. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Oh man, you think about the value of the card and that kind of crap. You can tell 2020 has been a crap year when you see this. Gigabyte has always been my goto for video cards, never had an issue.

That is really disappointing.

5. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

6. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

maybe wait another 35 days so we hit 6 months

Gibbon likes this.
  7. Supersize

Supersize Member

Well the EVGA Hybrid cooler showed up.

The 3090 XC3 was meant to show up today (Paid for Fixed Price Premium), but then got delayed early this morning, I'm guessing the Covid outbreak in Melbourne, so the card is still at the airport..
    Have to wait until Monday.

PiNoY and Trizae like this.
  8. Trizae

Trizae Member

the wait will be worth it! absolutely loving mine! had some adjustments to my case but the performane so much more worth it lol

you order direct from evga usa too?

9. Supersize

Supersize Member

No actually I got it from Budget PC, but ordered from their ebay store, it was $219 express shipping, ordered it yesterday it showed up today.
    Same with the evga RTX 3090 XC3, but I ordered that from Scorptec, so I say that got held up with everything that's going on down there.
    Though BPC Tech sent it Aus Post Express and Scorptec sent it Startrack Premium, Aussie post Express wins. :thumbup:

That Hybrid kit is a impressive looking piece of gear, seems pretty straight forward to install.
    It's going to have better thermals than this Inno3D 3090, will put that one up for sale at a decent price... :lol:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Trizae likes this.
  10. Trizae

Trizae Member

11. Trizae

Trizae Member

ah nice one! having it so far its extremely impressive performance and just cooling in general are excellent, take your time its pretty straight forward make sure you have a good phillips #1 for the rear IO SHIELD. And remove the stock cooler from pcb from the led connector side not the pcie side when prying it off :):thumbup:

What is happening with the other 3090? got the xc3 for the size and now with the fitment i'm very happy my whole pc is silent haha

12. Sunder

Sunder Member

Missed a few weeks of posts so apologies if this has already been posted. But a few weeks ago, there was some outrage that only MSI was implementing resizeable bar support for Z390 motherboards.

Just a heads up that Gigabyte do as well. Just downloaded F12k BIOS, and I can see the options to turn Resize Bar on. As I am already in UEFI mode, no OS reinstall required. Now a 3080Ti due for April is starting to sound tempting...

Trizae likes this.
  13. Supersize

Supersize Member

I have the Gamers Nexus screwdriver kit, it's got all the proper tools to pull apart a GPU.
    [​IMG]

Will test the card before putting on the cooler, just to make sure its all good.
    I watched a video on how to install the cooler, the guy in that said the same thing after trying to remove the stock cooler the wrong side.. :lol:

I'm going to sell the Inno3D 3090, don't know if anyone will want it on here, might list it on the FB Marketplace or Gumtree.

bobsled and Trizae like this.
  14. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

My EK Quantum Vector RTX block and backplate finally arrived. With the COVID chit again happening here in Vic, I found some time to quickly fit it. Jeepers, the PNY 3090 is actually a very small setup once the stock air-cooler is removed, here it is shown next to my Gigabyte Waterforce 2080TI:

[​IMG]

bobsled, PiNoY and WuzzA21 like this.
  15. The Beast

The Beast Member

Trizae likes this.
  16. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

what temps you getting?

17. Trizae

Trizae Member

18. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

Idles at 33-34, running general gaming (iRacing in my case ) averaging 44deg C, and looping Bright Memory, averaging 52-53deg C, or thereabouts. I gained a few 100 points here and there in 3dMark benchies, everything else being equal. What I noticed though, the lower temps allowed a higher ave clock-speed, at the same 0.862Vgpu and 1905mhz clock-lock in afterburner.

‘Clocks were running at 1897mhz through the bank. Will up Vgpu to around 0.95v and see if I can coax a stable 2000-2050mhz from the 390w bios. Would be good, but anyway, quite a decent improvement from the stick bios and air-cooler.

PiNoY likes this.
  19. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

try the 1000w bios, see how your loops holds up
    i'm around 70-80c

20. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

Might give it a go a bit later, cheers Mate, but anyway a bit cpu-limited in iRacing at the moment, my 7900x at 4600mhz not getting the best out of the sim. Hopefully Rocket-Lake will allow me to do a bit better, even though the 3090 has allowed me to up eye-candy on the Reverb G2 quite significantly;)