NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. mrbean_phillip

mrbean_phillip Member

Here's a quick view running Furmark, I ran it for an hour earlier with very similar results ;) Single-loop with the 7900X at 4600mhz, rad is an Alphacool UT360, with 3x Scythe GT 1200rpm fans.

Quite decent performance anyway, need nothing more really for iRacing ...

edit: Doing ray-trace looping at 0.975V, 2050mhz. Let’s see if she can hold stable, fingers crossed and praying to all known Deities. -> Nope, ave clocks were only 1,812MHZ...CRAP....

edit2: At the end, settled for 0.875V, 2,020Mhz. Run the complete gamut of 3dMark tests, including stress-tests, and stable as hell. No issues, not a single abort et al. If I don Port Royal and a few other benchies, holds the clock very close to 2,000Mhz, raising Vgpu, simply drops clocks back, so most likely hitting power-limit.

Anyhoo, pretty happy with the result, average load-temps remain below 50 deg C. Will run a Port Royal stress-test overnight, suspect it will pass with flying colours though.

Tomorrow, will find a full hosted server on iRacing and see how that goes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. PureFire

PureFire Member

Pretty cool stuff with RTX

Trizae likes this.
  3. Trizae

Trizae Member

when is the evga through Monday? excited hehe

4. groovetek

groovetek Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    demowhc likes this.
  5. Strix

Strix Member

My 3090 Aorus Xtreme Vram junction temp after 1 hour playing Valhalla. Set the power limit to 107% with core +50 and memory +500. Boost clock stable at 2070 on 4K.

[​IMG]

6. The Beast

The Beast Member

EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, air cooled after 30 mins of Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra settings, 1440P DLSS Quality.

Power limit 118%, voltage 100%, core +100, mem +900.

Boost clock 2071Mhz average during actual gameplay (some cut scenes in there, but otherwise mostly gameplay).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. groovetek

groovetek Member

Looks good - what monitor do you have and do you have vsync/gsync/freesync turned on? And if so, what is the max refresh rate?

Reason I ask is, in most games, including CP, for me the GPU is pinned at 99% load, where in your session it looks like it's averaging around 70-75% load, which also explains why the average load is around 320W when your power limit is at 118% (presumably this equates to 420W+).

Unless of course the 3700X is bottlenecking GPU a little, but I doubt it, at least not at 1440p/Ultra on a game like CP anyway.

Here's a session below as comparison.

CP2077 load testing.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  8. Supersize

Supersize Member

So the EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 showed up, haven't put the hybrid kit on it yet, but it's already shitting on the Inno3D on air.
    104% Power, 100Mhz OC, 80% fan (which is still quieter).
    I did the 100Mhz oc to match the Inno3D's stock clocks.

Click to view full size!

That's meant to be 78% Fan speed in the pic.

Oh since when are EVGA stick warranty stickers across backplate screws :confused:

9. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

It is not a warranty void sticker, it is there for RMA team to know if you previously removed the cooler youself.

10. Supersize

Supersize Member

Never mind, it's installed.

9822 in Time Spy Extreme, still stock, temps are good.
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/18356449

Man that was super hairy, but well worth it.
    GPU temps with stock fan are 63c, memory is hitting 84, but I forgot to reinstall my backplate fan.

My hairy install pic:
    [​IMG]

wolfie870 and Trizae like this.
  11. Supersize

Supersize Member

9942 on Time Spy Extreme.
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/18358704

+150Mhz core
    +200Mhz vRam
    104% Power Limit.

Card is using all it's 366 watts of power, so it's hitting power limit for sure, will try flashing the KFA 390w BIOS.
    Plus holy crap did the Cyberpunk 2077 and Quake II RTX frame rates increase.

I can sit on 1780Mhz running Quake 2 RTX (1500Mhz in Inno), Cyberpunk it hits 2025Mhz most of the time, lowest 1950Mhz, max temp of 55c.

One little hick up, the small fan's cable was touching the fan, a little push on the cable with a ear bud, all good. :lol:

PiNoY likes this.
  12. wolfie870

wolfie870 Member

I also chucked the hybrid kit on my 3080 XC3 Ultra, went from 83deg in games down to 55-60 and much quieter.

Unfortunately I couldn't fit it up the top as exhaust, so now my CPU is getting warmer as a result... I might look at getting a 120mm based Noctua cooler instead of the D15 so I can mount the rad up top.

Any idea how it would go mounting a 140mm fan as intake up the top in between the rad and the CPU cooler?

My pump is a little loud vs my 0rpm fan profile on desktop. Not sure if it's an issue with the unit I got or just how it is. Either way I ordered a GPU PWM - standard PWM adapter today and I'll drop it down on a profile to make it silent.

[​IMG]

Supersize likes this.
  13. Supersize

Supersize Member

I was about to top mount it as exhaust, it'll work really well as a heater in winter that's for sure.
    Haven't noticed the pump noise, but as my setup is in the busy thoroughfare called the lounge room, I can't hear it over everyone anyway.

I've been using Afterbuner to set fan curves etc, I didn't like Precision X1, tried it, turned off the RGB, uninstalled went back to Afterburner.
    Get this I actually lost 200 TSE points when I had Precision X1 installed, even with the same overclock settings, so I don't know what that is.
    I know Afterburner, works fine for the XC3, custom fan curve is quiet, temps are good OC stable.

The only way I can see mounting a top intake is turn that fan you already have there around and move it closer to the front RAD, then have the front exhaust, kind of like a reverse flow.
    Same with the rear exhaust, turn that into a intake as well.

I'm using the stock fans that came with the Hybrid, but I'm thinking of using 2 of the black mag lev's I have spare now, don't know which would be better.

14. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

Nice results, keen to see the 1000w bios on your card and see how the hybrid cooler handles the extra power!

15. Supersize

Supersize Member

No... :lol:

From what I understand it's blowing fuses on the XC3, resulting in dead cards, the KFA2 390w is the safest for these cards.
    It's got something to do with gimping the XC3 cards so they have less performance than the FTW cards to create 2 tiers.
    Otherwise the XC3 could easily perform as well as the FTW :Paranoid:

PiNoY likes this.
  16. havabeer

havabeer Member

How much was it?

17. Supersize

Supersize Member

18. The Beast

The Beast Member

Yeah that's a fair observation. I think the first half of my test run was the character creator, so probably not indicative. The second half is section that was in Night City, you can see the GPU still only averages mid 80s for utilisation, which isn't right, it should be pegged at 98-99 as you say.

I have a 144Hz monitor, V-Sync off, G-Sync is not enabled.

Google tells me this is a not-uncommon problem with CP2077, so perhaps I'm getting bugged performance. I'll try without DLSS, maybe at 4k to see if I can max out GPU. I agree, no way the CPU is bottlenecked - though there was some AMD SMT shenanigans that has apparently been patched by CDPR, not sure if I'm seeing it though, CPU usage is low, 5 threads completely unused when I check the logs.

[​IMG]

19. Supersize

Supersize Member

I ended up having to drop my core overclock down from +150 to +100, Assassin's Creed Valhalla wouldn't load past the intro screen.
    Funny enough I could 3DMark (TSE, PR) all day with those settings, Cyberpunk too...

If you see in the ACV benchmark the card is running a 2085Mhz, it is hitting power limits, still WAY better than the Inno card...

[​IMG]

Now with the KFA2 390w BIOS and the original +150 core + 200vram.
    Power slider at 111%.

[​IMG]

Card will pull the full 390w under certain loads.
    [​IMG]

3DMark Scores:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    wolfie870 likes this.
  20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!