NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx2000, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

MR CHILLED likes this.
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

:lol:

How are you holding up my good man? No offence but I'd be slitting my throat right about now :( I admire your shear patience :thumbup:

No card and winning? That's some pretty fine mental gymnastics right there.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    c4dderly likes this.
  3. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

I've ended up buying 3060ti and 3070 and a 6800XT to tie my over..
    At this point, it makes no sense to cancel.. (even though I have fully paid up since launch day)

.. The question is actually when to sell up my existing cards..

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The day your 3080 arrives and you join the 3080 club.

5. Skramit

Skramit Member

Yep! I kept my $1259 pre order so massively winning!!

The Beast and Trizae like this.
  6. MoutainDew

MoutainDew Member

Your assuming its a dedicated chip. Realistically based on the released specs on the HX mining hardware they are more likely failed chips from existing production lines.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16493/nvidia-launches-cmp-dedicated-mining-hardware

7. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

I had a $1259 pre order and cancelled it to get a $1600 ($1470 RRP) card. That $1470 card is now worth more than $1600. My 3080 has generated money for me without mining a single bitcoin, am I a winner or not :)

Trizae likes this.
  8. Trizae

Trizae Member

$1199 still winning lol! i'll tell you what in this melbourne heat the xc3 ultra hybrid kit on the 3080 is doing gods work with the cool temperatures finished up the medium and doom eternal didn't go over 62 degrees :leet:

9. groovetek

groovetek Member

Is PLE obligated to satisfy the pre-orders? i.e. Is there some loophole in the sales/order agreement that they can refund your money? Don't think I will ever receive my $1259 FTW3 Ultra 3080 at this rate. My spot in the queue has not moved forward since I think 2nd week of Jan.

10. Skramit

Skramit Member

Well they honoured mine 3 months later after price rises. But who knows.

11. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

Heh I got a 3080 because I couldn't find a 6800XT. :(

12. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I'd followed this guide earlier and had things nice and stable, but updating the motherboard BIOS seems to have made Afterburner forget all it's presets :( Half this post is to record it for myself to find next time around ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/jn878f/small_beginners_undervolting_guide_for_rtx_3070_fe/

It's taken a little bit of fiddling again, but I'm now running my Inno3D RTX 3070 X2 OC at -100 on core clocks and +750 on memory with 868mv at 1860MHz and it seems to be stable and temps are in the low 70s so far. Although I have only been gaming, not benchmarking just yet (because I want to play). It crashed on me a few times but I've been slowly turning the dials until it doesn't crash (in Modern Warfare at least). :D

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

You might find some movement in about 3-4 days...

groovetek likes this.
  14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm sure they can cancel the order and refund you no problem, if they wanted to. Would they want to do that? Very much doubt it considering they already have your money and now it's just a matter of waiting for the stock to land, whenever that will be.

WuzzA21 likes this.
  15. Trizae

Trizae Member

and they can accrue interest from your money sitting in their account so its a win win for them either way

16. groovetek

groovetek Member

Please share some more info, if you have any!

17. groovetek

groovetek Member

I was thinking more from a perspective of their reputation. That it was a money grabbing exercise that they had no intention of delivering an actual product to the customer.

Yes, the interest on the $1259 has made some, but I would dare say the cost price for PLE now for an FTW3 Ultra 3080 far exceeds that so would counter any interest made on that now...

18. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

except they would have the order in already at whatever price you paid. They are just waiting for those earlier orders to be fulfilled. I wouldn’t think their cost would increase in their earlier order just because today’s price is different.

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I don't think a great deal of PLE at this stage but I don't think it's anything like that. It may take quite a longer but I have no doubt they will deliver on their orders.

20. mojododo

mojododo Member

Their supplier can just cancel backorders claiming too long in system and force stores to reorder at the higher price (happens all the time in my industry at least). So in turn, the store would either look bad and do the same to the end user, or take the cold>sell hit to those original orders and learn next time not to take pre-orders.

Another option is the store's supplier doesnt even accept backorders, has invoiced what was shipped and no further requirements exist on the suppliers system until new p/o's are placed. Then the store is just waiting it out for drip fed orders (see above losses) or waiting for the pre-order customers to eventually get tired of waiting and ask for refunds.