NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Skramit

Skramit Member

Holy offtopic batman.

SKITZ0_000 likes this.
  2. Sunder

Sunder Member

Nah, this is the crypto topic now! Has been ever since there was a shortage back in Nov or so.

3. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

soooo anyway 3080Ti next week. any guess/bet around the MRSP (hahaha) and actually real-life pricing at the shops ?

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  4. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

I'm gonna go, around 3k in store, 6 month wait. Seems consistent with the story so far.

5. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

going by nvidia's statement that there wont be any 3080Ti and 3080 is the "Ti" this time around .......scratch that.....here we are not even year later with 3080Ti...

anyway, nvidia claimed initially that with 30 series, they are brinig the prices down as 20 series were damn too expensinve...so 3080Ti should be below $2200 for someting like Gaming X-Trio (what I paid for 2080TI anyway).

realistically, I would say they will try to match 6900XT prices so starting from $2600 for the worst models all the way to $3500

6. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Which I remember saying at the time, in response to "look how much cheaper it is than the 2080 Ti" - shouldn't we be comparing it against the RTX 2080 pricing..............?

And here we are, finally the actual replacement for the RTX 2080 Ti - the RTX 3080 Ti. Imagine it, Nvidia using the same proven effective tactic that they've done with the last four generations (at least)... Considering the 3080 is currently priced higher than the RTX 2080 Ti ever was, I cant imagine we will see a Ti equivalent even close to as cheap as what was 'too expensive' in the 20 series.

Probably something like that, so effectively the 'insane' prices that the 3090 released at, with worse specs... That would make it at least $1000 over priced, factoring the actual RRP of the 3080 and 6900XT.

7. OJR

OJR Member

Yeah because nVidia are the most honest tech company out there. Almost as honest as Intel.

jpw007 likes this.
  8. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

GET JENSEN IN HERE!

9. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

yet I remember people stataing something around these lines :D:D:D ...."but, but, but, you don't listen, nvidia clearly stated there wont be 3080Ti this time around, look at this great 30series pricing, 3080 for $1200 comared to $2200 for 2080Ti which is the direct comparasment"

SKITZ0_000 likes this.
  10. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I wouldn't be getting fomo over a 3080ti this time around, it has to slot in between the already slim margins between the 3080 and 3090. Pricing is just fucked all around, you can't get a current gen AMD card for anything close to their MSRP announcement either. We were finally blessed with a good competitive generation to have it ripped out from under us with shortages anyway.

I am sure AMD and Nvidia are loving us frothing over cards still at ridiculous pricing though, let's see what they try to pull on the next release..

11. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  12. The Beast

The Beast Member

I remember making this chart before the great a-fuckeninig.

Note point 4 :)

[​IMG]

I don't think it's fair to put that on NVidia as some great conspiratorial plot to price the 3000 series at 2000 series prices - they didn't create the global conditions that have skyrocketed demand. Having said that, making the 3080 Ti MSRP $999 USD is opportunistic.

13. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

All of which was actually correct at the time... :)

14. DarkWorld

DarkWorld Member

And this is you

[​IMG]

Banks aren't exactly useful, Aristocrat is a big bloody detriment to society. So what's left? 7. A single example use of ethereum on the otherhand......

NSW ATARs now on the blockchain - UAC

P.S. Ethereum is not ether. You don't buy ethereum. You buy ether.

15. DarkWorld

DarkWorld Member

Also, to further prove that the hashrate limiter is nothing but a PR move, it doesn't work on anything but daggerhashimoto as far as I know. Kawpow and Autolykos remains as profitable as ever.
    [​IMG]

Straferight likes this.
  16. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

I wasn’t necessarily putting it on Nvidia, a lot of the price comparison at the time was the inflated retail price of Turing, not the early day/ original non FE RRP. With its replacement coming out at basically the same RRP but likely significantly more inflated at retail, for what isn’t really a very impressive generational improvement imo.

Unless you’re currently without a capable GPU, I would be holding out until next gen, which will hopefully come with some price relief and actual stock availability. Hopefully also a bit more than just turing with a minor int to fp32 flip + more cuda’s on a shitty budget and power hungry node.

It may not take the performance crown but rdna2 is a far superior product, I have been having a great time with my card. Hopefully (again) this new competition will make next gen a little more interesting on both sides and worth the wait.

17. Sunder

Sunder Member

If we're splitting hairs, blockchain is not ether/etherium either.

I never denied block chains were useful. They are very useful. I talked at a FSI conference at about 7 years ago about its potential uses.

18. DarkWorld

DarkWorld Member

Ethereum is the name of the blockchain however......

19. The Beast

The Beast Member

NVidia, way ahead of it's time with the blocks of chain tech.

[​IMG]

Sankari, Phido and groovetek like this.
  20. groovetek

groovetek Member

This is an unpopular statement. NVENC, DLSS alone make the RTX 30 series imo a better product for the same price (if we are talking about what you could get these cards for originally).

RDNA2 is slightly more power efficient and slightly better rasterization performance at lower resolutions class vs class. That's about it in terms of advantages. Does that make it a "far superior product"?

RDNA2 is a great product. But definitely hard to consider it superior to RTX 30 series, surely.