NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | RTX 3090 3080 3070 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Sphinx, Sep 1, 2020.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I like how it's listed in the Computer Components -> Video Cards sections.

Not sure the box has a PCIE connection tbh.

nCrypt and Ck21 like this.
  2. nope

nope Member

how come lhr are still rediculously overpriced and out of stock?

3. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Maybe the demand and lack of supply stretch beyond miners buying stock :Pirate:

nope and The Beast like this.
  4. Anko300

Anko300 Member

$3000 3080 ti is better then a $3000 3080 , it's actually better value compared to the market before 3080 ti release

5. jekel

jekel Member

I think anyone holding decent cards e.g 2080ti, 1080ti etc will still buy at these higher prices too as they can sell the old cards currently at quite high costs to offset 3xxx price if you lucky enough to be able to get one.

6. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

thats the idea..

i sold off my 2 x 1080ti's when i got my 3080, and got $440 a piece for the 1080 ti's -- mind you my 3080 cost me only $1400.

now could sell the 1080 Ti's for $700 a piece, but my 3080 would be $2.6K, so def still ahead!

my 3080 Ti now has no ETA, errrggh, guess i can still claim it on th is years tax return even if i dont get it by the end of this financial year.

perks of being a company owner, all PC parts i purchase are "business expenses'' woot.

7. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Quite a few 3080tis sitting on FB marketplace for 3-3.2k not moving in any particular hurry. Maybe check your local markets nCrypt if they are sealed with invoices.

nCrypt likes this.
  8. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

because of all the MiNeRz .. ohh wait.

nope and The Beast like this.
  9. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

yeah, im in no particular rush.

just want a new toy to play with... :D

jjjc_93 likes this.
  10. Sunder

Sunder Member

They're around here and there, especially the higher price ones, as people point out. Unlike the unrestricted cards which are still on back order from 9 months ago.

nope likes this.
  11. jekel

jekel Member

Evatech got preorder available for some cards due Friday. Free shipping and keyboard if ordered by Thurs....details on order page. Prices not cheap but hey if you want one they're available....

https://evatech.com.au/colorful/

Hope they make a kudan version to admire soon like the 2080ti version.

raincloudx likes this.
  12. The Beast

The Beast Member

:rolleyes:

Lolz when the very next post shows what a misrepresentation of the situation this is. Non-LHR cards still available to order, alongside comparatively priced LHR versions - all short on stock, all limited to 1 per customer.

People waiting 9 months for 3080s are those that secured crazy good RRP deals on eVGA models from PLE, that’s it.

I’ve been waiting 7 months for a 6800 XT and it’s not because it’s an awesome mining card, it’s because I got it at what is now an awesome price and I’m not giving that up until they cancel the order. Why? Supply is severely constrained, everything is valuable mining or no mining.

13. Sunder

Sunder Member

Not a misrepresentation at all if there are 10 of each cards, but 100 gamers only queuing behind lhr, and 1000 miners and gamers behind non-lhr.

Both scream "shortage"!, but somehow that's proof miners don't exacerbate it? Check your logic.

Edit: Besides, are we sure any of those cards are non-lhr? Or are we relying on the fact it's not explicitly marked even though articles are already saying AIBs aren't following Nvidia's request to mark lhr cards?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  14. havabeer

havabeer Member

i can't understand why they don't just issue the refunds, they would have to be making bugger all money (or losing) on those type of pre-orders now. unless they're hoping that YOU cancel so they don't come off as the bad guy

15. metalrain

metalrain Member

I assume they don't intend to fulfil all of those old priced orders or perhaps, they are more likely offer other GPUs in stock at higher MSRP instead.

16. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

No they wouldn't be losing money. The only time they would honour those pre-orders is if they had the stock come in at the wholesale price it was ordered. If the stock hasn't come in, then they hold the pre-order till it does, or the customer decides they are sick of waiting and cancels. Or they try and get a customer to swap to a higher priced card that has come in when they have stock of that to look like they are the nice guys.

17. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

I've been playing around with Dynamic Super Resolution which I'd honestly forgotten the existence of. I'm on a 1600p 60hz monitor (waiting for the Asus PG329Q to be available) which means DSR renders at 5120 x 3200, and it looks phenomenal - perfect detail on each little leaf or lattice etc. Even on a 3090 the performance is a stretch though for some games.

18. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Yeah DSR is very cool for some older less intensive games or those locked to 60fps. It's why I love PC gaming so much (even though I tried to love my xbsx), you can play old stuff in ridiculous resolutions and it looks the best it ever has without hopelessly waiting for a developer to add a next gen patch to their original 30fps 720p title.

19. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing but only just maintains 60 fps at 5k internal render on a 3090, Evil Within 2 also amazing although it has a tiny cursor when rendering at that res. I'm curious to see how it goes with 2D games.

20. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

FTW3080ti_STOCK.JPG

Not bad for stock - 3080 Ti FTW

Straferight, AMD180 and jjjc_93 like this.