Nvidia GPU clock (&TDP) scheduling

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by SKITZ0_000, Feb 15, 2018.

1. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Hey everyone,

Don't throw rocks at me, but this is for GPU cryptocurrency mining.

My intention is to restrict my TDP and clocks during peak times (31c/kWh), then increase my TDP during off peak (14.5c) and increase fan speeds during the day.

Is anyone aware of, or has any one used an API tool capable of doing this? There is MSI afterburner remote server, however all I can find is how to return monitoring information.

I'm a relatively capable web dev, I would likely build a PHP based service and front end for remote management.

Cheers,

2. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Cron?

3. OP
    OP
    SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Oh sorry I forgot to mention I do already have a Linux solution for dedicated miners, but this is for my desktop PC's which are running Windows.

4. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

5. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

You can switch profiles in afterburner with hotkeys right? Set up scheduled tasks to press the "hot keys" with a macro manager should work.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

nvidia inspector can create shortcuts with the TDP settings in a command line argument and run it through windows task scheduler as a task.

7. Primüs

Primüs Member

Are you sure your offpeak power works that way, as most off-peak power (at least in my area) is a separate meter, that only gets supplied power when demand is low, so devices on primary circuits dont get off-peak power usage costs, you would literally have to have a separate power point on the off-peak meter (that only gets power certain times of day).

You dont literally flip from 31c to 15c at night time, everything on your primary meter is 31c all the time.

I could be wrong though and you might have smart meters that do it all for you and give you the benefit of off-peak power for all power.

8. OP
    OP
    SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Cheers for advising, but nah I've had a 'smart meter' fitted and am definitely on a time based tariff.

Also thanks for the feedback everyone, I just haven't had the time to do any work on it.

At the moment I've used the afterburner hotkey method on a scheduler, cheers heaps for that suggestion. I will be making a web front end at some point though, so I'll have a crack at SMI and Nvidia inspector.