NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ominae

ominae Member

Wow nice price. I'm in a similar boat to the other bloke, got a 670gtx lol looking to upgrade...

Edit: Aussie prices are ridiculous!

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

We don't have prices yet. Preorder prices are overpriced because people buy it.

Give it time for stock to arrive and you'll find its the amazon price + GST + some margin/import costs.

3. hvalac

hvalac Member

Damn, bugger the delivery time... Hopefully it's under 1 month at the very worst but otherwise that is a bloody nice buy.

4. Azuras

Azuras Member

bloody scum retailers preying on the desperate and impatient...

im getting desperate and impatient here lol, at the moment id take a bloody FE if they had stock at any of my local stores...
    TJ07 is begging for the gear to be swapped into it that comes with the 1080 and block i shall get.

5. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I thought Amazon was pretty fast, previous buyer feel free to give examples.

:thumbup:

6. {V|PER}

{V|PER} Member

Thats a damn fine purchase.

7. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Hmm cheap shipping usually takes less than 2 weeks.

8. Azuras

Azuras Member

yea shipping via USPS is really quite good actually
    i have ordered shit from the states before with just the basic USPS rate and its been at my door in just over a week
    the fast USPS my best was about 3 days.

Auspost cant even go from the other side of the country that fast........ stupid auspost

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Yeap bought 60% of my htpc parts from Amazon with an i5, SSD, RAM, 750ti card, arrived in around 2 weeks and everything had international warranty saved a few hundred bucks. :D

10. Azuras

Azuras Member

how do you order from amazon?

VPN & shipto?

11. [=TrasH=]

[=TrasH=] Member

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I will bite. I caved, was hoping to hold out for Titan/Ti - but decided I cannot wait with a free Kickstarter edition Oculus sitting on the table beside my rig.

This will probably sound biased toward nVidia, but I must stress that I have actually come from the AMD camp, replacing 2x 7970s in Crossfire.

To be fair, these are old cards, but I have had them in Crossfire since right near the start. I won't do Crossfire again, and probably not SLI either...Crossfire profiles seemed to arrive after I had finished a game, which made it kind of pointless aside from benchmark numbers (which is ironic as that is what people base Xfire/SLI purchases on). I have heard similar things from the SLI side, so I wanted a single card that will last me a while. Lets see how the 1080 goes. Oh yeah, and Crossfire would even then only work on full screen, and I often play in windowed mode.

First, this thing is quiet. I got pretty accustomed to the normal 7970 fans spin up as soon as I entered a 3d app. I am pretty sure they were louder even in plain old 2d as well to be honest. It feels odd playing anything, the new DOOM game, max settings, and no change in fan volume (I only play 1080p or 5760x1080 - the latter is rare because it looks odd though, and nVidia's new tech actually has to be added to games for perspective correction) :(

In VR, I was frustrated with my 7970, I felt they should have been doing the job better, and in some cases it would be quite smooth, other times in the exact same scenes it would be very choppy with dropped frames. This makes you feel ill. Obviously the 1080 has changed that experience entirely, it is a purely smooth experience that I can now enjoy and am willing to demonstrate now. Again, not a peep from the 1080. It is doing it easily, if I could have waited for the 1070, it would probably be the right choice (or maybe RX 480) to hold me over until Titan/Ti, but they are not here yet and I am very impatient. I want this card to last through monitor upgrades to 4k and maybe even 4k VR. Not sure it will quite get there, maybe with a settings drop...but I don't think the 1070 would have. Ti FTW!

Overwatch was already pretty terrific on 7970 as it had Crossfire support arrive much more quickly than I expected.

Other points of interest are the drivers. AMD has been making improvements, I actually really like the new interface, and feel nVidias needs work...but I really got sick of AMD drivers crashing out on installation (and requiring a reboot to try again, then another reboot). Nvidias worked first time, lets see what happens when we get to upgrade time. Also, Surround seems a lot more usable. AMD made this too hard, and maximizing windows used to go full screen. I am not sure if it is a Windows 10 thing or nVidia thing, but now I can maximize windows per monitor @ 5760x1080. Much love! Although, Heroes of the Storm still just doesn't get it, and crosses over onto the other two screens. Overwatch is closer but similar, it blanks out the other two screens with a black overlay for some reason. These issues may still stop me using Surround/Eyefinity regularly). I also cannot find anywhere to configure the angles of my displays for perspective correction...nVidia? You better not be lying to me!

Huge fan of variable vsync...but this card is so fast I may not see it drop below 60fps any time soon..

Anyway, I love the card, I knew I would. It is going to save me electricity versus my old cards, and I know with how quiet it is that I will be able to push some extra power out of it later in life at the cost of some noise. Worried it wont have the 5 year lifespan I had with the 7970s though. Pretty sure the Ti will, but that is just my opinion!

DOOM - it didn't disappoint either. It ran okay on one 7970, which sounded like it was going to take off at any moment. But seeing this do DOOM at 160fps when I was pushing 45-60...and not making a peep while doing it...pretty awesome.

12. [=TrasH=]

[=TrasH=] Member

This was me yesterday. Called an MSY who had one in stock, so I grabbed it. Ignorance is bliss!

13. Moochin_Bastard

Moochin_Bastard Member

The EVGA site has flouders cards avaialable for purchase through them.

14. stinkyminge

stinkyminge Member

well my timing sucks i just broke a bone in my left hand and my arm is in a cast how the hell will i play or even install my 1080 (when i get 1). :upset:

surely pricing for the strix should be available tomorrow as it says it due to on sale on the 4th,whether we have any in AUS tomorrow is another story

15. Azuras

Azuras Member

PLE looking at getting its next shipments on the 14th (MSI and asus) and 30th (giga)
    though they say that they are pretty much all back ordered (with the exception of Galax which has NO queue lol)

16. stinkyminge

stinkyminge Member

guess you didnt get that from their website ,depending on brand they reckon 2/4/7/30 of june for stock :wired:

17. Azuras

Azuras Member

nope. just got off the phoe with their warehouse.

those were current shipment etas

18. ominae

ominae Member

19. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

You'd have to be pretty tapped to grab the "Founders edition". Please just wait to get a properly cooled version

20. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016