NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bertross

Bertross Member

Yeah about $800 over the 1080 atm with 4GB more VRAM. You can almost guess the performance based on 8.8 TF to 11 TF compute.

2. nope

nope Member

i can see people importing these for 1/2 price same with the 1080 1070 and the rest of it.

Our prices are a joke and people are defending the australia tax is unreal.

3. Bertross

Bertross Member

i feel sorry for NZ atm, their 1070s are costing them $900.

4. nope

nope Member

hence where my name comes from

NOPE

[​IMG]

5. TaroT

TaroT Member

sorry i don't get it.
    no obvious penis extension....
    :p

so has the newer NVidia drivers upped the vulkan version yet?

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Your neck does that? :lol:

Re new Titan ... price was to be expected, the ones that can afford it will buy them, the ones that cant wont, simple. Same as Rampage level 10, 6950x etc

:p

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Not a very good attitude, you shouldn't be cheering for their only competition to be hurt, the market being one sided is bad for consumers.

Brand loyalism is bad m'kay. Need competition to maintain innovation and keep pricing reasonable (i.e. not $750 aussie for a supposedly mid range card... *cough*1070*cough*)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  8. SCORPTEC

SCORPTEC Member

AMD will literally never die - Intel can't let it happen. I really hope Vega comes out and is amazing.

9. aokman

aokman Member

Don't get me wrong, I have no loyalty to NVIDIA beyond the fact that they have the best / stable graphics cards currently. If ATI had a faster card and decent drivers they I "may" try them again one day. I am bias to NVIDIA purely because I haven't been screwed over by them like ATI did to me.

I am referring to the fact that the ATI fans seem so sure the upcoming ATI card will beat NVIDIA every time and its the same story every time lol. ATI just seems to be full of hopes and dreams these days, oh wait for this to mature, DX12 apocalypse is coming! bla bla bla.

10. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

honestly I was expecting 2k ask price in local shops. bit disappointed with "only" 12GB and "only" GDDR5X was hoping for nvidia to pull HBM2 out with this card. Performane wise should be able to hit 4k@ solid 60 finaly, that's about it.

Poeple that say this card is not gaming card, we all know that Titan was always best performing single GPU card for gaming so that argument is invalid, yes it can do other shit as well, but most poeple buy it for gaming, or for gaming and some "entry level" rendering, let's not fool our selves here :)

anyway, would be nice to see some benchmarks, hopefully next week before releaase....also what is interesting nvidia states it will be available from nvidia site only for US/EU and Asia later, wonder if they trying to keep the Titan-x "inhouse" with no local stock ?

11. Domokun

Domokun Member

Blender has fantastic GPU rendering in the form of CUDA. I remember purchasing a Titan Black exclusively for this purpose (the gaming performance was a bonus). If AMD had worked with the Blender Foundation and resolved the issues associated with OpenCL, all of the Titan (and Titan Black) sales would have been R9 290X sales instead. I guess AMD figured that consumers who used free software weren't going to spend money on hardware.

12. Bertross

Bertross Member

Yeah i have blender on my RIG atm. its not bad actually once you learn its control system. Most of the free software have this steep learning curve on the interface but once you pass that its pretty good for ZERO :)

13. aokman

aokman Member

Not really, the TITAN is optimised for production use with its large VRAM. The 980ti seemed to perform better overall as it overclocked better.

14. nope

nope Member

Nvidia are acting like THAT guy whos good looking and has a 20" dick

They dont even have to try so why should they? HBM2 is for Volta

15. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

I was getting better frames in Wiitcher 3 on borrowed OC'ed Titan-X than on my current OC'ed 980Ti Hybrid, could have been bad luck silicone on that Titan tho....just my experience

because I want to ? :D

16. aokman

aokman Member

Yeah because HBM2 worked out so well for ATI on the Fury and all.

Stick with what works. Adopt new tech when its mature enough, ATI have a habit of adopting shit before it is ready and using customers as their beta testers.

17. nope

nope Member

Better than what nvidia does

Throw all the mature tech onto the latest cards for YEARS too long then charge just as much

Then their older cards dont get all the updates and driver extentions the new ones do so anyone unlucky enough to be on a older card is screwed.

Hell a titan x should be using the LATEST hbm2, its ready but they are just not even trying as ive said.

Maybe the ti will have it but by then the AMD cards will be out.

Pfft if i had a 20" i would too

18. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Can you name one example?

Because DX12 is full of bugs and barely implemented at the moment.. I hope you don't mean that...:lol:

While its entirely possible for Nvidia to get it wrong, they've had it right for many years where AMD has got it completely wrong. AMD just prices accordingly thats all.

19. aokman

aokman Member

Pretty sure NVIDIA know more about designing graphics cards than you do, if it doesn't have HBM2, there is a reason for it, pure and simple.

People get obsessed with numbers and new tech and want it purely because it exists when it offers no tangible benefit yet. If NVIDIA stick with GDDR5x and still have the fastest cards on the market come the end of the year, then they made the right decision.

Then they can push ahead with HBM2 on the next gen card if the tech is ready by then.

20. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Around a 40% improvement over a 1080 but that price will take it to around 2k in Aus. I guess the benchmarks will tell the story.