1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nope

nope Member

Uhh charging $1200 for a 'big' pascal then dumping last years tech into it

THEN only putting 12gb of vram when they easily could have put 16gb its just cost cutting shitty practice.

The GPU industry really needs a shake up and if AMD cant do that then someone else will have to because its getting pathetic how many people just think nvidia can get away with what they are doing.

Their drivers and support are also TERRIBLE taking 3 months+ to fix multiple BIG issues like DPC latency issues and some of the older cards never even got fixed.

2. Bertross

Bertross Member

Notice how quiet anthonyl is :thumbup: he must be in BF4 shooting shit like a mad man!

3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

someone has to take the hit and innovate though, otherwise we'll just sit on the same shit forever. AMD helped create HBM, it's not like they just signed on for some new fangled fad for no reason.

NVIDIA seems to have spent the last few years creating a few little graphical effects API's and getting game devs onboard to increase their brand awareness with "hairworks" and whatever else they've been doing. I do have to commend them on making the physics stuff used in VR Funhouse open for everyone though.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. aokman

aokman Member

Thats funny because my 980ti has been perfect since day 1 and I didn't even touch my drivers from the 12 month old out of box ones until Windows died last week :lol:

You are seriously bitching and moaning about 12GB on the TITAN when you are not even a potential buyer for it? LOL you need to have a beer and relax

GDDR5x is not last years tech btw, HBM2 is simply not mature / yields high enough for widespread use yet. Next year....probably

I am not saying it isn't the future, I am saying it isn't ready and ATI shouldn't be pushing it until then. Please don't say we are sitting on the same shit forever and not talk about AMD lol, they are by far the worst for rehashing the same crap over and over and have done very little to push the graphics industry forward when it comes to breaking performance barriers so far. Price barriers yes.

5. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I'm not saying we are on that path right now, I'm saying that's the road you head down if you don't push innovation. NVIDIA is pushing their R&D into automotive tech and server compute from what I've heard so maybe we won't see an architecture refresh for a while from them now - the current 'climate' would suggest there's heaps of room for them to pull an AMD and release a few refreshes :p

6. nope

nope Member

Look lets be honest here you're clearly on nvidia's side

They put all their focus on DX11 and OGL and for 8~ years its largely paid off

AMD have always had the latest tech ALWAYS they have been the innovators, the only reason they slipped behind was because of some shitty management, hopefully that period is over now and they can get back on their feet.

I see nobody remembers 2013 when nvidia fluffed up with the 600 and 700 series getting absolutely obliterated by the 290 and had no DX11 support back in 2009 for MONTHS

Now the new API's have come out and new tech is just around the corner and they are dragging their feet in the sand, their vulkan 'support' didnt mean shit when AMD Basically invented it with Mantle and Helped ALOT on DX12 and Vulkan.

What have nvidia done? Some meme useless gimpworks that doesnt really ad anything to games, its like physx remember that? It just slows games down with useless crap that should be standard open source stuff.

Anyway im out this thread is full of nvidia dicksucking.

7. aokman

aokman Member

Stay classy mate :lol:

8. nope

nope Member

I call it like i see it.

Hay at least nvidia has a 20"

9. aokman

aokman Member

Monitor? I have a 27"

10. nope

nope Member

25.5" and 48" tv i win harharhhar

11. .Spada.

.Spada. Member

The closest that I'll get to the new Titan X, is when Scum buys it...

12. nope

nope Member

i never want to see one

13. Jazz

Jazz Member

EVGA have released the Hybrid coolers for 1080/1070 if you swing that way.

14. aokman

aokman Member

Well whatever works for them I guess, nothing says NVIDIA aren't working hard on DX12 and other things in the backend. The big difference between NVIDIA and ATI is that ATI push stuff out before it is finished and then make it work using customers a beta testers. NVIDIA tend to keep it closed off until it is ready for release, nothing says they won't lay it all out in 6 months when the tech is ready.

15. Bertross

Bertross Member

not sure what everyones rush for tech is. Just enjoy the RX480/1060/7/8 until the next thing comes along.

16. Domokun

Domokun Member

But four RX 480 video cards in QCF will beat it! /s

17. aokman

aokman Member

Exactly, if it does what you need to do, be happy. I hear quantum CPU's exist already, why is Intel so far behind!

18. Bertross

Bertross Member

LMFAO i was waiting for that.

id be happy with a 5960x thanks.

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Sounds like such an insane card though! :wired:

20. Geno

Geno Member

Judging by that video its also intersellar.