NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jonoku

Jonoku Member

Depends how much that things costs. Could be pricey.

2. nope

nope Member

dont worry its only 6 months until the ti and 490 drops and it will all start again.

3. samos

samos Member

Wow, Titan X looks unreal. Ti will be batshit.

Nope: as much as everyone is bashing you, I understand your frustration. But that's the market. It's damn annoying that they're charging a premium and that a mid-range card has gone from $500 to double that. But that's what happens.

ATI/AMD have been too damn slow. And while they're trying to innovate, they're getting eaten alive. It's not great for anyone (apart from Nvidia) if AMD's next gen cards flop, or are a poor mans second choice. They'd have to be absolutely bang-for-buck with great performance per dollar value.

But having said this, most people (particularly here) don't give a shit. They want performance. In this situation I'd still buy an Nvidia card over an ATI one as much as I want to support ATI. In all honesty - I haven't read how good their drivers are or performance non-Vulkan games. But a simple check up

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Not much AMD/ATI on the charts.

Last ATI card I owned was a Radeon 9700 I think. That was when ATI was heavily in the game. Funnily enough it was Chainbolt who organised it and we did a group buy. We're talking over a decade ago :lol:

The card was great and it ran games fine to an extent, but I always had compatibility issues with drivers and glitches. Granted, half the time it was the damn games problem.

I've not had any issues generally with Nvidia apart from GTA 5 and I am sure that was GTA 5's problem.

I am hoping AMD get their shit together and start releasing some hardware that shakes shit up and takes it to Nvidia. Right now Nvidia are just cruising. If you don't have anyone at your heels then there's no pressure.

I should also add: Nvidia's video card design and marketing wipes the floor with AMD/ATI. The card looks so damn good it makes me want to buy simply because of that (and how contrived is that, when you barely even see the card?!)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. Domokun

Domokun Member

So, after consulting with the girlfriend, she has upsold me on the GTX 1070 (I was just going to purchase the EVGA GTX 1060 SC in the meantime). So, now the question if it's worth paying the extra for the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (as opposed to the EVGA GTX 1070 SC). What is the story with EVGA's limited lifetime warranty? Do I have to register it with a U.S address?

5. aokman

aokman Member

I would say yields still aren't high enough and NVIDIA don't want to wait / compromise the cards because of it.

ATI proved that HBM doesn't = the fastest card on the market and NVIDIA proved that GDDR5x can still make the fastest card on the market.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  6. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Im thinking it was either going to be 12GB (12x8Gbit chips) or 24GB (12x16Gbit chips) due to the 384bit (12x32bit) controller. Guess 24GB is just too expensive and over the top right now

7. headin2001

headin2001 Member

I went with the FTW cause it was only $20 more than the SC. Not much info around on it so going to just see how it goes for myself. Better voltage delivery (10 phase from memory) vs the reference was an extra push for me. Think it's 2x8pin also. If that helps me with pushing bench MHz, then it's worth it.

Never had to RMA through Evga, or any manufacturer really (except hdds). Being an international warranty, I can't see having an Australian post address being an issue.

8. Domokun

Domokun Member

If you could let me know how it performs, that would be great. Hopefully, the wider cooler/PCB won't have any dramas fitting in my computer enclosure. I thought the EVGA warranty was only limited lifetime for the U.S and Canada, and three years for Australia. I'll have to do some more research.

9. mashera

mashera Member

They were released a week or so ago and I was surprised when they stayed in stock for a day or two, almost pulled the trigger. Amazon have them for pre-order (sort of), I've ordered one and will just get a US$600 EVGA 1080 when they're in stock, should come to ~AU$1100 all-up.

Was waiting to import the hybrid 1080 but will end up being ~AU$1200 after taxes, as it will hit the $1K limit at US$769, will also be super rare for awhile by the looks of things.

10. headin2001

headin2001 Member

All good. I plan to share!

11. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Has anyone here purchased the entry model Gainward 1060? Can you confirm its 252mm long?

:thumbup:

12. mojos

mojos Member

I'm more than happy/stupid to put down some serious $$$ on graphics cards but this Titan release and price just seems absurd. My sli 1080 FTW's are not even a week old, no way I'm joining Jen-Hsun's Mr Burns dance crew. Going to see what the Ti holds before I stump up for more gpu power which I could actually use.

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

Are they likely to release an AIO product with cooler included with card?

14. mashera

mashera Member

Yes, an EVGA rep tweeted that it will be released later this month in "limited quantities", good luck scoring one.

15. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Might have to wait for one of the local ebay sellers to have them listed and participate in one of the 20% off deals eBay has often to get a half decent price ..

+1. I remember seeing the benchmarks of the original 980ti and was suprised at it pretty much keeping up with the titan.

16. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Would be funny if this Titan X is the Ti in disguise and they released the HBM2 version with a cranked up core speed for $1600+ usd

17. nope

nope Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. aokman

aokman Member

Would be funnier seeing nope loose his shit over it.

The Titan X or Ti will be my card, should set me up for VR and my new rig with 4.8ghz goodness is sitting here waiting for them :)

19. mojos

mojos Member

I get why Nvidia can charge absurd amounts at the moment but at some point the performance expectation is going to out pace the price they want. I wonder how big the market really is for super expensive gpu's that only get used for gaming. And yes I know all you benching nuts can't help yourself, we all have our vices, lol.

20. Luke212

Luke212 Member

So Titan X is 30% faster shaders. Thats not so bed wetting now is it?

And direct from NVIDIA only sales??? wtf..