NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. havabeer

havabeer Member

2. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Same here but I went with newegg. Their shipping estimates seemed to be faster. Whether or not it gets to my door quicker is another thing but fingers crossed.

Went with the SC as I plan to slap a block on it eventually.

[​IMG]

3. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

I wonder if I can get a shop in the USA (October trip) to give a more... agreeable invoice with my titan.

Or if they have an empty 10xx box to pack my card in to...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Potentially strong post to signature correlation :leet:

Companies in Tawain offer it when i order stuff directly, dont think USA would unless you personally know them

Edit: didnt realise you were actually going over there, you should be ok coming back

5. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I am actually surprised that there is next to no difference in price between the SC (ref pcb) and the FTW (custom PCB), is it possible that there isnt really much difference between them (as compared to a Classified)? Do they need a bios flash and water to get the most out of them? It seems that the dual bios on FTW was designed with this in mind.

:thumbup:

6. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Really only difference is if you're going to be watercooling or not. I heard EK don't intend to make a block for the FTW so the next best thing is the reference design SC. If you're not watercooling then FTW is the better option. But from what I've been reading the beefed up power delivery makes little to no difference when overclocking.

Skip to 4:00mins

7. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I'm using a uni block so that doesn't matter to me.

:thumbup:

8. Domokun

Domokun Member

I love Amazon. I cancelled my order for the Zotac GTX 1070 "Founder's Edition", created a new order for the EVGA GTX 1070 "Founder's Edition" (I got cold feet due to warranty concerns), and noticed that the order wasn't progressing with an expected shipping date (from their warehouse) of 10th of August. I enquired as to why (i.e. wasn't demanding, rude, etc.) and the Amazon rep removed the shipping costs, and then upgraded the shipping to express/priority shipping. $449 USD delivered!

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

awesome result and yea amazon are pretty sweet. Why the founders edition and not one of the ACX models though?

10. headin2001

headin2001 Member

EK have confirmed they ARE making a block for it and the 1080 FTW (essentially the same). Benefits are better VRM Phases and RGB lighting. For the extra few bucks, all worth it over the SC.

I don't think I will watercool mine though other than maybe a quick blast with cold water. These are so cool and quiet it doesn't matter IMO. I may or may not do a little write-up for it, so little info out there for them, might help people decide.

I'm waiting to see the hows and whats of modded bios for the pascal range. Seems very limited at the moment.

11. leighzor

leighzor Member

Dam son, mine is also 'not yet shipped' so I just shot them an email to see what's going on and being polite hoping they might upgrade me to express too!

Did you email or call?

12. M United

M United Member

Amazon tends to do that when making inquiries more often then not via email (not chat) they refund postage when there is any sort of problem.

13. leighzor

leighzor Member

Good to know, I guess by tomorrow I'll have a response and hope my order will be on it's way soon! Aug 16-19th it says on my order :(

14. aokman

aokman Member

Ok decided to go with comGateway....now the waiting game begins :D

15. Geno

Geno Member

Have they come back in stock after the 2nd batch of Titans released?

16. aokman

aokman Member

Last night they did....briefly

17. .Athrun

.Athrun Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1070 In :)

Much much better than the r9 290 I pulled out for 1440p. Also helps I can use gsync too now :D

Only gets to about 64c or so under load opposed to my r9 290 which would sit at 94c all day.

18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Amazon ships the Intel 6800K locally here to AU, but not the ASUS motherboard (or motherboards, torn between the ROG Strix x99 and the X99-A II, but leaning towards the X99-A II). Tempted to use comgateway again for the mobo.

19. bobsled

bobsled Member

Back in stock! :thumbup:

Is the saving really worth the hassle if you need to return the board under warranty though? Sides, you'll likely be slapped with import charges even if the individual items are less than $1k AUD if you've imported over that figure in total value recently.

I had to ship a board back to the UK once... eesh, never again. Super expensive and slow. :Paranoid:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  20. mashera

mashera Member

B&H will ship the X99-A-II direct for ~US$263 delivered, cheaper than amazon.