NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aokman

aokman Member

MSY and CPL are all shitholes, unless you are asian of course then maybe they might actually show some respect (there I said it). PCCG I don't really have an issue with other than it taking them over half a day most of the time to put an order through for pickup when I am just down the road. Scorptec have always had my RMA's done within a couple of days and orders are processed stupid fast.

Cant comment on the other one you mentioned, but they are in Adelaide so they are of 0 interest to me.

2. shanetsh

shanetsh Member

Haha. With PCCasegear, just call them and give it a chase. Should work out fine.[emoji14]Another thing for me would be the website that i shop with. I think that PCcasegear's layout is way more accessible. Scorptec really needs an update lol.

3. Geno

Geno Member

Same goes with PLE Computers - doesn't matter if you're asian, sudanese, second coming of christ etc. You're just a milkable consumer to be taken advantage of.

Hope they catch a case similar to MSY with regards to honoring warranties.

4. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Doesn't really inspire much confidence after what I've been hearing from here....

5. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

How cute

My full length card looks rediculous in my itx mobo

https://imgur.com/1LXJgKZ

6. aokman

aokman Member

Well I have been going to Scorptec for 12 years so yeah I think I have some experience with them, I just checked the total of all my orders since then as well :Paranoid:

7. Geno

Geno Member

Hahaha. :wired:

8. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

$ 109,175.65 for me since 17/11/2009.

Great guys.

9. Domokun

Domokun Member

10. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

11. Partha

Partha Member

Don't wish the bad luck on any one. But I do understand that one or two isolated incidents will always happen in any place and I am glad that Scorptech sorted out the porblems eventually. I have indeed sent Scorptech a PM and so far I haven't heard back. Hopefully I will hear something back from them by tomorrow so that I can get ready for the purchase. A new monitor followed by a Pascal card should be great upgraded form GTX 670s in SLI. Well I hope so :Paranoid:

12. tired

tired Member

I understand (unfortunately). My brothers and I are in the back of the Kingswood. My mother hands us our Xmas cards from our uncle, who we'd just visited. They open their cards and take out $2 each. I notice mine is heavier and fatter than theirs and get a little excited. I open mine and find myself looking at a handkerchief from a bulk pack...

I hope he's been looking over his shoulder ever since :lol:

For the sake of balance, I've only positive things to say about Scorptec. I have been buying from them on/off ~ 10 years.

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

ComGateway users. I have been receiving messages from DHL to make payments for the ComGateway for tax and levy. But the I declared the item and it's worth via Comgateway and made the tax duties and shipment payments through ComGateway. Is the DHL payment request legitimate?

14. aokman

aokman Member

Did ComGateway remove original invoices and stuff?

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Not that I know of. And the repack option wasn't available due to the weight of the item.

16. aokman

aokman Member

My guess is the original invoice is still stuck in the pouch on the box and they used that to value the import duty. DHL have turned into snipers for this shit as I think they make a decent commission off it, they were the same with VIVE imports etc and ring ahead before shipping etc. If its shipping in the original box then it probably has shit branded all over it also.

17. SCORPTEC

SCORPTEC Member

Wow the one weekend I decide to take off checking OCAU and this thread blows up!

@shiatzu_kiora

I sat down at my desk this morning, saw your PM to me and just my heart sank. Couldn't believe that had happened after all we had gone through with your order already! I went down to warehouse immediately to find my warehouse manager already discussing it with our warranty manager. I would like to apologise unreservedly for the fact that they were left out. I was standing behind Cameron (Clayton Retail Manager) listening in as he was on the phone to you. Those cards on their way via Air Freight and will be with you as quickly as possible.

Mistakes can and do happen, and that's all this really was, just an unfortunate mistake. But, definitely not acceptable. Our warehouse manager will be looking into how they were missed from your order (we have cameras all over our dispatch area for this exact type of thing).

The mug thing... yea not too sure about that. Probably wouldn't be much consolation to me either. I can't speak to who offered it and why (as I was at home playing No Man's Sky) but regardless we here in Marketing along with Cam have got you some much better freebies which will be sent out soon. Coincidentally pretty much exactly what you mentioned in your post!

@coolroy

Your order was just unfortunate. MSI pulled the ETA out from under us, and are still yet to provide any further information as to when more stock of the Seahawk EK X will be arriving in Australia. If they provided different information to you... well that's interesting to say the least. We asked them directly in person last time they were here for a meeting and they still had no idea. Hence why we are still listing that GPU as no ETA.

At no point were we (and me personally) attempting to mislead you to secure an order. ETAs change and or can be completely dropped, these things can just happen. Plenty of people on OCAU and in this thread alone could attest to me assisting them best I can, and I really take pride in our presence on what I think is Australia's best enthusiast forum.

Sorry for wall of text, just felt like that discussion needed addressing! As per usual if anyone has questions about anything, feel free to just let me know. I'm pretty much here all day Monday-Friday (and sometimes weekends!)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  18. shiatzu_kiora

shiatzu_kiora Member

@ SCORPTEC

Like i said, i don't like to bag companies online, and i certainly wasn't trying to trash you, it was human error and i just felt like venting a little.

As for correcting the mistake, yes, Cameron had a good chat and i think he understood the situation a little better (and has a lot more leverage) and i think the outcome is a good one for a retailer/customer relationship.

But anyway, hopefully the next post that i make can be about my graphics cards and how awesome they are performing.

(sorry for the thread cap everyone else :))

19. SCORPTEC

SCORPTEC Member

Oh by all means feel free to post whatever you like. This is a public forum, and companies like us do need feedback, positive and negative. It's the only way we can improve.

Cam's a good bloke, he'll get it sorted for sure.

Send me a PM (and some pics!) when you have the cards, would love to see how the system turns out after everything haha.

20. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

If you receive your goods (delivered) and a dhl invoice comes later, tell them to fuck off.

I'll link you to whirlpool later.