NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, TITAN X (P) | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Apr 29, 2016.

?

What Pascal GPU(s) Do You Own?

1. NVIDIA TITAN X

3.3%
  2. GeForce GTX 1080

26.9%
  3. GeForce GTX 1070

25.3%
  4. GeForce GTX 1060

10.9%
  5. None I Just Like Voting...

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. stinkyminge

stinkyminge Member

2. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

Windows 7 SP1 64bit also looking FKING GREAT! Not fully patched yet.
    [​IMG]

Is this real life....

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. pcgamer01

pcgamer01 Member

lay off the crack man

650 doesnt even cover 1070s actual price let alone shipping

4. HeXa

HeXa Member

you are using the win7 installer right?

5. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

Yep....... Not the W10 one.

This is bringing back really bad memories from my 2 x 290's on launch day......

6. HeXa

HeXa Member

well damn.... :(

also got a similar error msg when installing those win10 drivers on a win10 system with an nvidia card that wasn't a 1080

7. lionman

lionman Member

Have you tried disabling driver signature enforcement and manually installing?

8. Waddlesworth

Waddlesworth New Member

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I guess I missed out on the 1080. Just got a sales rep from Scorptec at about 2PM today saying it'll be a few weeks until I could see it. I'd rather just get a factory OC if it's going to take that long.

I can live with the fact that I managed to screw this one up, but can I ask what I did wrong, and maybe what I can in future for launch events?

This is essentially what happened:

I'd been following the 1080 release since the Order of 10 launch event in Austin, and I got the NVidia notification saying 6AM PDT/11PM AEST earlier that day.

Code:
    5:20 PM: I saw the GTX 1080 on the Scorptec website with the price listed as 'Call Us', so I did, they said just watch the page at 11PM.
    10:50 PM: Alarm on my phone goes off, so I stop playing Overwatch and login to the Scorptec storefront. I need a new USB cable for my keyboard, so I add one of those to the cart and run through the checkout (essentially as practice, make sure I have all the details I need) up until payment stage.
    Sporadically refresh the page just to make sure I'm still logged in.
    11:00 PM: Refresh the GTX 1080 Page. Nothing. Price is still listed as "Call Us", and the "Add to Cart" button is grey and can't click it. I was repeatedly refreshing the page until this changed, it eventually did about 20 minutes later.
    11:01 PM: I get the Scorptec notification email saying there's a free headset for the first 30 orders. I'm already on the website refreshing the GTX 1080 page.
    11:03 PM: The official NVidia Storefront is sold out. Still refreshing the GTX 1080 page.
    11:05 PM: PC Case Gear's EVGA 1080 is sold out.
    11:07 PM: Frustrated by the fact that the Scorptec GTX 1080 page "Add to Cart" button is still grey, I tried going to the front page, looking at other cards. The page simply wouldn't load when I went to the "NVidia" section of Graphics Cards. I tried the link in the e-mail, had to refresh a few times, but eventually got there, but the price was still listed as "Call Us" so I ignored it, still refreshing the GTX 1080 page.
    11:10 PM: Kind of panicy, I was just trying everything, eventually figured out that you could still click the "Add to Cart" button on the Email link page, despite the fact there was no price listed. I felt a bit daft, but still went ahead and put my order through. It gave me the headset for the "first 30 orders" and seemed to go through fine. The email I got back said everything was In Stock, I figured I'd managed to get one.
    11:13 PM: Order confirmed, apparently.
    11:15 PM: Gigabyte cards on PC Case Gear now out of stock. 
    11:20 PM: The Scorptec GTX 1080 pages finally changes and can be added to the cart, and listed as "In Stock", with a price. I'd already put my order through, surely I managed to get one.
    I checked back on the website a few times, and everything seemed to be listed in stock, but I the email link was showing an empty list, so I'd figured I was in the first 30 (since it seemed to have expired)
    After about an hour, the Scorptec products were listed as Out of Stock, and the next batch available for pre-order.

I pre-ordered the HTC Vive and got that turned up at the start of this month, and more demanding titles don't seem really run that well, and a while a low framerate in desktop gaming is bearable, a low framerate in VR will make you physically sick. (I have 2xGTX Titan Black, but nothing supports VR SLI)

My main gripe is that, if I had of known that I was so far down in the queue by the time my order went through, I could've gotten one of the Gigabyte cards from PCCG. Everything seemed to indicate I was early.

Does anyone know what the Australian prices are of the EVGA FTW/Classified and ACX etc. would be?

9. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

Decent review. 1070 has less OC headroom v 980ti. After OC both 980ti shows a not-insignificant lead

10. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

First 1070 prices are up , $780 ....

:tongue:

11. anarchron

anarchron Member

Same story here mate. I'm just counting my lucky stars that PCCG had a few MSI 1080 left over today that I managed to snatch one up. Too bad I couldn't make it to Clayton in time before they close so I'll have to get it first thing tomorrow morning.

12. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

Faster than Titan & 980ti at half? the power consumption.
    I love technological progression.

13. xtreme2k

xtreme2k Member

14. Domokun

Domokun Member

True, but it's the fact that they describe the update's purpose as "to resolve issues with Windows", instead of being transparent about it, and many people don't wish to upgrade to Windows 10 (I've tried it, didn't like it, and refuse to reinstall it until they stop forcefully installing Candy Crush Saga).

Well, if you have Windows 7/8/8.1 you can do the upgrade to Windows 10, then once it has activated (and it has a record of your hardware), you can do a clean install. Alternatively, you can download one of the enterprise trials from Microsoft if you don't plan on activating it.

15. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

16. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

17. havabeer

havabeer Member

well the point is your tried...

18. FarQ

FarQ Member

pcgamer reviews... yeah sure. And where is a link to amazon for this supposed $650 posted gtx1070? I agree with the quote below...

:thumbup:

19. Unbanable

Unbanable Member

I was referring to amazon?

Why would I want to get ripped off from aussie retails/wholesaler/distributors when i can get from Amazon direct?

20. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

What ever floats your boat :-D