NVidia RTX3000 series prices going up

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Azzan, Jan 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzan

Azzan Member

Asus officially increased GPU(NVidia RTX3000 series) prices few weeks ago, https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-officially-increases-graphics-cards-and-motherboards-pricing and as I suspected other manufacturers are following Asus.. Zotac and EVGA are also increasing the price now(up to 20%), https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-a...es-of-for-their-geforce-rtx-30-graphics-cards and I think the rest will follow soon.

Probably a good idea to pre-order 3000 series now if you are still looking for one.
    I ordered EVGA 3080 with PLE on the launch day and received it few weeks ago, price went up a bit in early Dec but they still charged original price(think other large retailers would do the same?).. anyway looks like the price will go up even more soon so place order now if you need one, just my 2cent.

p.s. with PLE, I think FTW3 models got less back orders than the XC3 models because people are still waiting for XC3 orders from the launch day on 3080 models & 20GB 3080Ti/3080S has been c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ "indefinitely postponed" according to Gamers Nexus, so 3080 is the best card(besides 3090)

Agg is being mean to me so I couldn't post it on NVidia 3000 thread but not gonna troll much anymore thanks to advice from OC d :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. power

power Member

the 3080Ti/Super i doubt has been cancelled, i bet it's just postponed.

not surprised they put prices up, the market is a fucking mess.

3. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

I don't work for Intel or NVidia.. but that's what I heard from Gamers Nexus:

(we won't get one in near future, so unless you want to indefinitely postponed buying a 3080..)

4. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Not just NV, AMD GPU and CPU also going up. Intel 10th gen is the only thing thats dropping in price :D

Although 11th gen wont be cheap!

5. power

power Member

the press don't know everything. The headline though does in fact say "postponed" which is not cancelled and indefinitely just means we have no eta, could be tomorrow, could be 6 months time.

6. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Brought this overpriced 3070 at $1069 (sold it for $1050 and went to a 3080) 2 weeks later it went to $1149!

Now it's a "hot price" of $1099.

These are 3080 RRP prices..

7. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

well on launch, huge happiness around how 30 series cards and nvidia, bringing the prices back to pre-20 series era, but looking online, 4 months after launch....

• decent models of 3080 are going for $1500 while high end is touching $1800 with less memory than previous generation
    • RTX 3080Ti once released will have higher price tag than 2080Ti (my speculation)
    • RTX 3070 cards are climbing over $1000
    • low-end models (3060) are having move memory than high-end models (3080)

I had 3080 Gaming X-Trio on backorder for nearly 2 months, but after finishing Cyberpunk and put more thinking into it, I ended up cancelling it....

to me, this looks like bigger clusterfguck than 20-series to be honest....what a time to be building new rig....at least I can get the 5900X..oh....

8. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

9. power

power Member

and this isn't a covid specific problem, it's just a flow on from that era imo.

10. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Yes I agree with you, but Gamers Nexus have great connections and imo they are pretty reliable unlike WTFTech, so don't think we'll see one in near future. (but changed the op from cancelled to indefinitely postponed)
    Personally I was never interested in 20GB 3080Ti, it won't be cheap(probably closer to 3090 price if they made one because 20GB GDDR6X VRAM will cost heaps) and also very hard to get like 3080.
    I just can't see NVidia making 3080Ti good bang for buck when 3080's are already super popular since day one.

I think you meant 3070 RRP prices?

11. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Nah 3080. Even with the Austrian mark up the 3080 RRP was $1139 AUD and 3070 was $809 AUD

3080 release price in the us was $699 USD so $900 AUD in today money.

RRP's were of course bullshit but shouldn't have been a $100 out. If everyone keeps buying them they will continue to rise until stock moves slower. Hence why that 3070 @ $1149 dropped the week after.

12. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but the cheapest 3080 you can buy in Australia atm is Inno3D Twin X2 model I think @ $1250(but not in stock oc), $550 cheaper than the Asus Strix OC model.

13. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Oh you're not wrong. As it stands today that is the case. The point I'm making is the costs of production, transport and sale (retailer profit) of these were more than profitable at the numbers I stated.

Current pricing is well above launch pricing by a few orders of magnitude. Someone, or all involved are making a killing on these at the moment.

14. connico

connico Member

Why does this need to be in a seperate thread?

Edit... oh he has been banned from the origional thread????

Why dont you take the hint and not post about the 3000 series...

Skramit likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

connico, please read the spoiler on op. But at least this way people will see the info straight away cos not everyone checks 3000 series thread daily.

well I guess we are all entitled to our own opinion.. but don't think I was breaking any forum rule? tbh I was just trying to help everyone(especially people still looking for 3000 series) but sorry if I offended you.

16. cvidler

cvidler Member

You may want to learn what that actually means.

ricmc likes this.
  17. connico

connico Member

You havn't offended me but you've done something so that you've meen restricted. You've cited your own trolling behaviour in your own post within the spoiler. Maybe take this as a lesson...

Personally the majority of your posts on topics that i read seem fine to me....

Making another thread on the same topic really its just tiresome. Maybe just wait till you get back in to post..

18. havabeer

havabeer Member

Bought a 2nd hand but unused asus tuff with a water block for $1675.

Seemed like a good deal to me

19. Skramit

Skramit Member

Why did you start a new thread? There’s an existing RTX 3000 series thread.

20. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Good deal considering PLE list the card for $1699 now, wouldn't be surprised if other retailers follow suit once they are available for purchase on their sites.

I assume he is unable to post in there after the last shit show of trolling. At least this is fairly informative for people who haven't been keeping up with that moving thread. Probably relevant to just about every piece of in demand hardware at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.