O Canada!

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Ashpool, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mr sti

mr sti Member

Try packandsend

2. remi

remi Member

I know there's a brochure for a company in the entry area for the Samesun. I'll grab the details next time I go past. It wasn't particularly cheap when I tried sending stuff home from Toronto last time.

Shizz; I've got the details for the filming on my work email. Rough deal is they're filming on Hastings/Burrard all day. One scene involved a car accident and another with a person jumping off of the bridge onto a car or something. I'll forward the details when I get to work on Monday. They didn't give specifics of exactly when things would be filmed though.

3. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I should've mentioned, speed isn't a concern, and it seems the likes of FedEx etc specialize in this. I just need cheap hehe. Remi if you spot that brochure again let me know bud.

4. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

Ashpool. I won't be able to make the fishing charter, maybe at a later date. My Job finishes up soon, then mexico for a week, then road trip to Banff/Calgary.

And my employment status and bank account will both read nil by then.

If you want to go again in late sept/oct I'm in fo sho!:thumbup:(provided im working again).

On a side note, if anyone hears of any work in Van from mid sept onwards. Im your man!

5. OP
    OP
    Ashpool

Ashpool Member

No worries Shizz.

Its still a bit up in the air due to numbers, but I will let you know.

6. remi

remi Member

OK, trivia night at Samesun was nearly a success. Equal 3rd and only 1.5 points off of claiming first position.

Grabbed the brochure, company is Mannix Freight Services. www.mannixfreight.com

No costs etc mentioned.

7. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Member

Thanks Remi you're a champion! Will hit them up tomorrow. Grats on the trivia night :p

8. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

what happened to the silent disco?

9. remi

remi Member

No one else could be bothered going (yes I'm looking at you). We're 2 blocks from samesun and $13.75 pitchers of beer.

10. OP
    OP
    Ashpool

Ashpool Member

11. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

12. remi

remi Member

13. OP
    OP
    Ashpool

Ashpool Member

crossing the bridge is the REAL vancouver....downtown weirdos.

14. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

Well we had an interesting night. About 2.30am last night, walking to Kits beach to sink a few late night drinks and we witnessed a motorbike hit a turning taxi a few meters infront of us. The motorbike had 2 guys on it, thank god they had helmets(albeit those shitty ebay scooter style ones)

We were first on scene and the guys were pretty messed up, but concious. I won't go into gross details but from the waist down, things were not where they were supposed to be. Taxi was fine.

I called 911 and the ambos/fireys/cops got there in about 4-5 mins. By then about 30 locals had surrounded like vultures.

Really eye-opening seeing an accident like this first hand. Makes me never want to ride a motorbike/scooter again. Give me a landcruiser or some sort tank-car anyday.

15. OP
    OP
    Ashpool

Ashpool Member

Sweet a bit of excitement then. Hope they recover. Out of curiosity did they have any other gear on? As a biker Vancouver makes me cringe a lot as everyone just cruises around in shorts or jeans. I rarely see any decent pants/boots/jackets.

I miss my bike so and would love to have one here.

Who failed to give way?

16. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

Driver had shoes a jumper and jeans on, other guy(passenger) was just in socks/shorts/jumper.

Passenger was a fair bit worse off. I mean they both won't be walking properly ever again, I even think one guy might lose the foot as it was almost off. But I'm sure they are thankful they are alive.

They flew a good 10 meters and the bike did about 2 or 3 full flips mid air before it hit the deck.

As for who failed to give way. Green light both ways but the taxi driver was in the wrong for turning to early BUT the guys on the bike floored(heard the engine scream a second or two before the impact) it to try and beat him as he came toward the lights. So its was really a 50/50 problem.

17. remi

remi Member

I was a regular motorcyclist in Australia, but always put on the right gear. It makes me cringe when I see 99% of scooter riders thinking they're invincible. Just because you are "in the right" in the case of an accident makes no damn difference if your body is crunched into a million pieces at the end of it.

Shizz you got time to catch up before Sunday 22nd August? We're out on a Moose bus to Banff on Monday morning and I'll barely be back for 12 hours on the following Saturday night before flying off to Toronto.

18. remi

remi Member

Just found out you can vote in person for the Federal Election this weekend at the following location from Monday to Friday, 9th - 20th August 2010.

The Vancouver Consulate from 09:00-12:00, 13:00-1630 Suite 2050 - 1075 West Georgia Street, Vancouver (Tel: +1 604 684 1177).

Google Map link

You can check your enrolment status here: www.aec.gov.au/check

I just tried using it but it wasn't working.

19. OP
    OP
    Ashpool

Ashpool Member

Thanks Remi, I was considering going in today, we shall see....That reminds me time to change my Avatar back to something more sane.

Everyone enjoying the heat. I have been rubbing it in as all my Melbourne mates have been suffering this winter.

Did the Grouse Grind yesterday. Was a very sweaty experience!

Got to see Grinder and Coola at the top. It was awesome to see grizzlies up so close.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  20. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

Voted today, followed by a few coopers sparklings at Mooses downunder ;)

Remi - Yeah should defs catch up, I'm off to mexico on Monday, and im working sat/sun night. I'd say either Thurs or Friday night/whenever you knock off or Saturday day for a few quiet ones.