Obernberger See

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Deftone2k, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

[​IMG]

I only ever seem to post in the photo of the week thread but I do have a lot more to share than just that. So ill try, and can discuss various things in photos if people are keen :)

This was taken last year in the western part of Austria (south of Innsbruck near the border with Italy). We did 10 weeks in europe last year as I had an elopement to shoot in Iceland and my partner Rose and I had the chance with a gap in weddings for me to take an extended break. Id love to write the whole journey of the trip one day, but to be honest I havent even looked at most of the photographs. My days are mostly spent shooting, editing and delivering weddings for my clients. The personal work I still shoot, the processing and sharing of it is something I'd like to reclaim this year :)

This was taken towards the end of a roadtrip from Stuttgart to Munich, where we explored the Blackforest down to Gruyeres in Switzerland, then over to Interlaken, through the mountain roads to Chur, down to Bormio and then back up over towards Innsbruck. We would book places a few days ahead of time. Found this wonderful AirBNB in a little town called Mauern. We didnt really want to stay in the heart of another city, and this was 25mins south of Innsbruck. We stayed with a lovely lady and her family where she told us about the history of the area and the places we could explore. Different valleys, waterfalls, trails and mountains. It was the perfect place to visit.

One of these hikes were along to a spring feed lake at around 1500m. The alpine lake was so clear you could see the trout/fish swimming around. It was late in the day and we had already hiked for 6 hours so we took it easy and explored the forest. I had carried light for the rest of the day and just had my 5D4 + couple of lenses and filters. To get the frame I wanted it had to be handheld, so it was with a CPL. If I went back I probably would have stopped down a little more. I would have loved a long exposure as well but I didnt want movement in the reflection.

5D4 + 16-35 F4 + B+W CPL

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. JohnnyWazza

JohnnyWazza Member

Your landscape stuff is always unreal mate, absolutely love it, super moody.

That's one hell of a detour! :lol:

3. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Mate I have to say that is a stunning photo, well done to capture such beauty beautifully.

JSmith

4. TwinII

TwinII Member

Neat photo! Awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of your personal work. Mind you, i do enjoy viewing your wedding work too!

5. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Thanks mate. Mood is good if I can get it, always something I like to hunt for. So much of my travel photos is not planned around the location per-say just being able to experience it and getting lucky with the weather or not. Bit of a bummer sometimes.

Indeed it was an awesome roadtrip. We did 1 x Scotland Road trip (from London and back), 2 x Iceland Roadtrips and this roadtrip through Germany/Switzerland/Italy/Austria. I am really glad we chose to do so many roadtrips, you really get to see so much more and find the little places that are special.

Cheers. I had originally forgotten about it, I shot it on film as well so I hope to dig out the frame I shot on my Makina one day. I would have loved to have spent more time at the lakes, maybe next visit :)

Yeah everytime I have the intention of getting through the backlog.. it doesnt happen. Next trip is a month from now so hopefully I can get some more done or maybe take some with me. See how we go :)

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Absolutely stunning location. Makes you want to jump right in.