1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU DJ Thread

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Goose1981, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

Mines in the mail from the US now :D
    I got it for $899 US + $79 shipping but I brought other stuff as well.
    Haven't got a CC statement yet to work the price out from.

2. DarkNation-

DarkNation- Member

I was going to order from DJTechTools aswell but since local retailers amended the pricing before release, I'd rather have the local warranty. Works out almost exactly the same $ either way now.

Shame about the flight cases being delayed until next year. Gives me a bit of time to save up for one at least haha.

3. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

THAT is a sexy BEAST!!! Nice buy, looking forward to some real world reviews on here :thumbup:

4. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

heheh How'd you guess I ordered off DJTT... Anyway they sent out my Midifighter ahead of time and I gigged with it monday night :leet:

I was using it with TSP and CDJ1000's so much fun love the buttons.

I'm not sold on the flightcases, they don't look that useful for playing in a club and you still need a table for house parties. Might as well find a nice bag for it and the lappy.

5. narkotix

narkotix Member

what are you going to do with ur cdj's now u have the controller? I could understand if u were using vinyl with traktor scratch or serato or are u gonna wait for the scratch update that lets u use the S4 as a soundcard?

6. DarkNation-

DarkNation- Member

How is the midi fighter? I've always wanted to have a play with one :D

Yeah the flightcases don't seem the best. I'll probably just buy a decent laptop stand for use in my room instead.

7. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

Im no DJ, but I do like to produce hard dance.

Starting to get something worthwhile listening too.

8. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

i've always wondered about the legality of posting up mixes/podcasts, just wondering if any info has been provided in this thread or another... i want to create a site quite like a blog for which i can upload mixes, just not sure if i'll end up with RIAA and the SWAT at my front door the next day haha :p

9. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

Soundcloud.

10. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

I have one, but I'd rather go through a friends web hosting business so it will be way cheaper. Just interested in the legality. I know armada have gone all apeshit and won't let you use more than 3 minutes of any of their tracks in podcasts (well thats what ruben de ronde told me..)

11. BassKat

BassKat Member

+1

They just look so fun to play with. I don't even use midi controllers for djing but i'm considering building one using an old USB gamepad and connecting arcade buttons to it. Might use it for playing out drums in ableton :)

12. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

i dont pay anything for soundcloud.

13. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

It's like street fighter for music. the buttons have excellent feedback, they make me want to learn to cue point juggle properly.
    The CDJ's weren't mine, but a friends who recently brought TSP. Personally I like the idea of the S4 update supporting time code, could have a full 4 deck set-up by plugging the CDJs in. Getting a turntable could be in my future too, if i decide to try scratching (that's totally just an excuse for buying more toys)
    I recommend giving it a go, I've got a triggerfinger as well and it's no were near as nice to play. If the gamepad has joysticks you can have some XY inputs too.

14. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

And my Traktor Kontrol S4 has arrived :D
    Spent last night twiddling the knobs and so far I'm very impressed

15. sendto

sendto Member

selling my 800's and djm 700 in the for sale section

16. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

17. andhey

andhey Member

18. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

19. funkysmurf

funkysmurf Member

Hi,

I'm no expert so treat the following as such :)
    The beginning of the track sounds a bit 'non-pro' because the instrument chosen for the introductory melody part sounds like it needs some weight or sharpness (a synth that sounds less flute-like) - sorry that's the best way I can describe it now.

At 51 seconds, there's a complete contrast when the new instrument is introduced, which sounds great and 'pro' by comparison.

The roll that ends at 1:18 is another example where this instrument takes away from the track sounding 'pro'. The roll that ends at 2:13 is cleaner (doesn't have the flute-like instrument), and in my opinion sounds a lot better - something that I would browse through on Beatport and consider buying.

At around 2:06, this instrument that I keep bagging out disappears and morphs into something else, which sounds a lot better, but then mysteriously re-appears at around 4:03 and at the end :)

The 'peak' at around 2:50 with the vocal introduced was well done, and I liked the fact that there was no drawn-out break down - the underwater bubble kind of effect that preceded it works really well.

Overall, I quite liked it (and wish I could make something close to that).

20. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Cheers, I use a Maschine. So far all that stuff has been done just in the Maschine software; next up with be some drag+dropping into Ableton. This will let me through a few VST's around and hopefully I can get something happening.

I'll have a listen to your stuff once I get home, no sound on work PC :(