1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU DJ Thread

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Goose1981, Oct 12, 2006.

1. overcast

overcast Member

I got an original FS amp from years back, barely use the thing but dusted it off a few months back and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 7, it got detected and worked peachy.

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Really, sick!

3. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Got my S4 in the mail today. Now to rig up some ghetto monitors...

Got a set of these that have been lying round and never used. Not ideal but will do the job once I make some enclosures for them. Probably look at some kinda cheap amp from Jaycar to run them.
    [​IMG]

4. karn1911

karn1911 Member

What's the cheapest piece of kit that you guys would recommend using with Traktor?

Was thinking of getting a M-Audio Torq, nightmare to configure?

5. Opticon

Opticon Member

Numark Mixtrack Pro, it's got all the basic's including sound card. It comes with Virtual DJ but you can download the mapping file from Numark to make it work with Traktor with no issues. Usually $350 or so

6. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

This. I imported my MTP for ~$220 from Chemical Ltd Records in the UK.... brilliant basic/starter controller, lots of good mappings for it, yea. (Mine came with Traktor LE and the upgrade to traktor 2 le, fwiw)

Currently looking to upgrade atm, Can't decide if I should go for the S2 or S4... sigh!

7. Arbite

Arbite Member

A guy selling a pair of STR8-80's plus an unidentifiable mixer on gumtree for $500. Thinking about jumping on this. Been meaning to try out timecode and pure analogue mixing for a while now.

Still loving my Twitch though. :)

8. BassKat

BassKat Member

That's actually not that much of a bargain. I've seen those turntables go for less. They're not great anyways. If you can stretch your budget to $600-700 mark you can score some stanton str/8-150s. They're suppose to be a good alternative to SL1200/10s but I haven't tried them myself.

9. dr1fta

dr1fta Member

i have 2 x 150's and i picked them up for $600 delivered... they came with shure cartridges as well so a pretty good buy

I picked them up off ebay but keep you eyes out on ebay, gumtree and cashies websites

10. BassKat

BassKat Member

Yeah I've seen them around for that price too. Definitely would get these over the other stanton models.

11. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I've got a set of ST-150's I'll be ridding myself of in the new year, but they're in Melbourne.

12. platinum

platinum Member

Trying to buy a Traktor S2 in Adelaide is pretty much impossible, no one has stock and reckons weeks before they do, bah - might have to suss out ebay.

13. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I got my S4 from eBay.

edit: From a local seller

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  14. Arbite

Arbite Member

StoreDJ.com.au has them. That or you could try ordering them in through Alans or Dehringers.

15. platinum

platinum Member

Cheers - yeah was hoping to just walk in and pick up locally, impatient :p
    Deheringers said they have a big wait at the moment on stock as well, storeDJ seems pretty good though.

16. adz

adz Member

May I inquire as to why?

17. dr1fta

dr1fta Member

From my understanding the Australian NI importer is slow, slack and just plain shit at what he does, so no stock on NI products isnt un common. Get onto StoreDJ though, they seem to have heaps, and delivery is super quick

18. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Room, and I think I want to start doing gigs again, and the simplicity of plugging a controller into a single channel on a mixer is super compelling.

19. platinum

platinum Member

Ah yeah explains why almost no one had anything!
    Ended up getting it from a store on ebay called 'sounds easy' - fantastic service, arrived today - already having fun with it, 100% beginner/amateur so much experimenting and learning to be done.

20. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I'd love to get my hands on an S2 or S4 in Melbourne for a bit of a bash. I'll call a mate who might be able to tee it up but could be a six pack on offer...