1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU Forums Greasemonkey scripts

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Rezin, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ford ftw

ford ftw Member

Can you make a script to remove ads? or is that against the forum rules.

2. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

If you enjoy the content of the forum and find it worthwhile, don't block the ad's...why? because Overclockers Australia is entirely supported by advertisers and sponsors...a simple banner here and there won't kill you.

3. ford ftw

ford ftw Member

What if I'm allergic? nahh jk, ok that sounds fair there not that bad.

4. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

are these able to be ported to work with ie7 pro?

5. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

A few things have to be modified in the script, so which ones did you want to use with IE7Pro? I'll make those IE7Pro compatible first and worry about the others at a later date.

6. looktall

remove guest users notice and remove img tags would be handy. i wouldn't use the others, but some other people might.

7. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

The Remove 'Guest Users' Notice script works as is... the only change that needs to be made is to rename the filename to "RemoveGuestUsersNotice.ieuser.js". The Do Not Quote Images currently does not work as it uses XPath (IE doesn't have very good support for this) so it will have to be modified. I'll add links to the IE7Pro version of those two scripts when I've finished modifying the Do Not Quote Images script.

8. looktall

excellent.
    i've installed the "no guest users" script and after a restart of IE it's working. cheers.

9. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

Basically the same thing, but if you open the IE7Pro preferences screen there is a "Reload All Scripts" button in the User Scripts section.

10. looktall

yeah i tried that , but it wouldn't work until i restarted ie.

11. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

Added a new script to replace the standard quality YouTube clips with their high quality version.

http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2008/11/embed_highres_youtube_videos.html

12. domlebo

domlebo Member

Here's a script I made to remove unwanted topics from the newposts page. I don't really care for modding and extreme cooling anymore so I screen them. Just add them to the array and voila!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62041

13. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

Nice. Did you want to add it to the OCAU Wiki page?

I'd started a script like yours a while back, but haven't really finished it up enough to list in the Wiki. IgnoreForums.user.js

14. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Rezin, if you've got the time, could you please modify the stretch message field script to also do private messages, and the advanced edit post page (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/editpost.php). I manually added the pages to the include list, and it didnt work, and would probably break something if I tried to do it manually... :D

15. OP
    OP
    Rezin

Rezin Member

Done. Just install the script again. :)