OCAU GT-Sport Championship Pre-registration

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Rusty, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rusty

Rusty Member

Hi guys, with the release of GT-Sport looking like its actually going to happen, I thought I would test the waters to see how many OCAU members would like to have a go at a championship.

My apologies for the crappy layout, if we get enough interest, I will start a new official thread. I'll also be contacting Agg to see if he wants to throw in some Awesome OCAU merchandise for added excitement!

We have a Discord channel for shit talk and racing. Its easier to communicate through voice rather than using the controller. https://discord.gg/hEUm9q3

OCAU has a fairly long history(on Sony consoles), starting in 2015 with mr_mordred2095 in season 1, followed by The Beast for Season 2 and finally under myself for the remainder of the seasons, some 6 championships in total, including JGTC and Historic events, with a great turn out, and much fun to be had.
    Previous OCAU season threads.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=937955
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=941724
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=962816
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=970314
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1011715
    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1113232

Since the game isn't released just yet, I can't provide too many details on the racing structure, but with Polyphony Digital being the way they are, not much will have changed, which may mean we will adopt the majority of a previous season's rules and regulations.

I'm thinking that the first season will be GT3 OR Super GT, always seems to be a favorite.
    There will need to be some testing on car suitability for the upcoming seasons, So I will require some help in testing, and also feedback on rules and regulations - So if you think you can help, please let me know so I can organize some times to have people online together for some testing. I will be PMing previous OCAU racers for assistance, as I know of at least 3 who are involved in the Beta test.

Track list will be decided on the racers, given the previous seasons, I'm pretty sure the list will be something like this.

1 Grand Valley Enduro (time TBA) <<< This track may not be available anymore :(
    2 ????
    3 Nurburgring GP
    4 Trial Mountain
    5 Fuji
    6 La Sarthe Enduro (time TBA)
    7 Suzuka
    8 Brands Hatch
    9 Spa
    10 Monza
    11 Deep Forest <<< This track may not be available anymore :(
    12 Barthurst Enduro (Time TBA)

I doubt the track list will be 12 races for season 1, most likely 8, depending on members.

We will likely decide race results for the seasonby dropping the worst 2 rounds of every racer. This attempts to help those of us who have to work, or miss a race, or even if we just have a bad race.

Rego List
    1 Rusty Registered
    2 stitch512 Registered
    3 the_fuzz - aussie_slaughter Registered
    4 gaz86 Registered
    5 usern@me - shlongky_kong1
    6 Afterburner1 auAB1
    7 Thhhza Not Tues
    8 SuiCid3 - ranok3n Registered prefer Thursday night.
    booboo - yogibear Registered kinda!
    Dirtyd - svenmcclustridge Thursday Night
    TheBeast Thursday night
    Bertross Semi interested.
    TomJ - WA Timezone
    ZXR - Wheel dependant
    Jawar - Time dependant
    Royalnine Interested
    Andres - Andresss Testing - maybe

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Of your track list, only Nurburgring, Suzuka and Brands Hatch will be available.
    All the rest have been scrapped. Possibly plans of free DLC for GT inspired tracks like Trial Mountain and the likes, but we won't know until Polyphony/Sony make those announcements.

This is the full track list:
    Code:
    Alsace – Village
    Alsace – Village II
    Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP
    Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
    Autódromo De Interlagos
    Blue Moon Bay Speedway
    Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
    Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
    Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
    Broad Bean Raceway
    Broad Bean Raceway II
    Colorado Springs – Lake
    Colorado Springs – Lake II
    Dragon Trail – Seaside
    Dragon Trail – Seaside II
    Fishermans Ranch
    Fishermans Ranch II
    KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
    KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA
    KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA II
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
    Northern Isle Speedway
    Northern Isle Speedway – Infield
    Nürburgring 24h
    Nürburgring GP
    Nürburgring Nordschleife
    Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout
    Sardegna – Windmills
    Sardegna – Windmills II
    Suzuka Circuit
    Suzuka Circuit East Course
    Tokyo Expressway – Central Inner Loop
    Tokyo Expressway – Central Outer Loop
    Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop
    Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
    Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
    Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
    Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
    Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
    Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II
    TBH, I'm not that interested in GT Sport having played both closed and open betas. Not much of a step forward from GT6 dynamics.
    Having been spoilt by pCars 1 and now 2, I probably won't be running in any GT Sport leagues in the foreseeable future.

3. cjmonkey

cjmonkey Member

Probably time we ditched GT for the superior sim* at the moment.. forza. :D

*where consoles are concerned

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  4. cjmonkey

cjmonkey Member

:D:D :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    I doubt GTS will be enough to pull stalker from his love of I-Racing, but PCars maybe?

Full credit to you rusty for kicking some life into this concept, and i would I'd love to be involved in something, but i tend to echo SuiCid3's comments.. since GT5 it's not progressed much at all whilst its competition has

5. dirtyd

dirtyd Member

Interested, I would vote for Thursday nights if possible?

6. booboo

booboo Member

I wont be in, still only have a ps3 and haven't used that in a while. Also sold my wheel about a month ago. The past seasons were alot of fun though

7. stitch512

stitch512 Member

IF there is enough interest in this I will join, I don't actually plan on buying GT:S but I am always up for a decent racing league.

May need to look into getting the Drivehub as my Wheel is no longer supported for PS4 (Fanatec CSW v2).

8. gaz86

gaz86 Member

Hi guys, long time no hear!

I bought pCars 1 back in the day because I thought it had potential but in reality it was garbage and was more frustrating than enjoyable.

PCars 2 looks improved but again it's a mess with bugs as far as I'm aware (kinda like GT!). I just don't trust SMS atm.

Forza 7 is pretty poor imo.

Having tried GT:S it's very good for what it is. But the online racing was a mess of ghosting cars and ridiculousness. I also found it difficult to keep close to others online. Unsure if private servers are better or not.

I don't have a wheel suitable for PS4 and iRacing is filling a gap in the meantime ( still running the crusty old G25!)

I'm reluctant to get involved if it's only 3 or 4 racing a week which is what it ended up as last time. It was great when it was 10 or so each week.

Put me down as tentative for now.

EDIT: Was a bit blunt and didn't mean to come across so shitty. I do need to consider whether I buy it or not. I liked it but again I feel the online component has to improve and I worry that the quality within Sport will result in even worse racing than whats seen in iRacing Rookie MX5 cup or other sim pub racing. That's what is making me a little tentative at this time.

9. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

No stress mate. I'm not a big fan of pC2. Tried it for 3 days and then refunded it LOL. Was an absolute PITA to set my thrustmaster up to work correctly with it, and the physics felt off. In saying that, GTS does feel a little easy!

Troll much? :p

You know you want to come back! Will be heaps of fun ;)
    Stalker probably won't show up, would be great to have him, you and Benny back. Does anyone remember Bennybagems OCAU user name available? I could't find it.

The last seasons ran Wednesday nights at 8:30 I think? But your preference is noted, Don't forget Thursday night is late night shopping! We will sort times out when we get an idea of how many guys are showing up.

Was heaps of fun mate, you were my direct competition! Sell a kidney and get a PS4 :p

Sucks about the wheel compatability mate. Keep an eye on the thread, fingers crossed we get a big turn out.

In all honesty, I'm aiming for a minimum of 10, but full grid preferred.
    I've been shunted off the track plenty of time in sport mode, I'm hoping we get a decent crew so that this isn't an issue!
    Keep an eye on the thread, I'm 80% sure we will get the numbers at this stage. I've even sent a PM to Agg to try to organise some OCAU merchandise for prizes :p

10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

If we get the numbers then I'll be happy to add to it I guess.
    Would be good to see how much (if at all lol) I've improved against the guys I started racing with. :thumbup:

Wednesday nights are no go for me... got futsal on then

11. Bertross

Bertross Member

what sort of time does this involve? im semi interested.

12. gaz86

gaz86 Member

Theres a gt6 server up for anyone wanting to prep for GT sport. Just piss farting around for fun. If you have your ps3s still up that is. psn: gaza86

You'll need to friend me to get in. Send through your ocow name so I know who you are.

13. The Beast

The Beast Member

I'm keen Rusty, the demo got its hooks into me so I'm pretty excited for some GT!

Of course now I have a 3 month baby, so when we run it will be kinda important. Still, I'm happy just to compete even if I miss a few races.

I'd probably also prefer Thurs night, Wednesdays are a social pub night - makes it tough... beer vs racing.

14. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Most likely 8 races lasting from 45mins to 1.5 hours depending on what everyone wants.
    8pm starts usually. The server is usually up a few hours before for practice, and usually, most racers stay after the race for some random short races.

Would be great to see you back Beast!
    That's a second vote for Thursday!
    I'm thinking we might drop the worst round or 2 to allow for work/family crap without hurting points.

15. TomJ

TomJ Member

I'm in, I miss GT so much. I may not get the game on release day but I will get it.

I'm in Perth too so anything before 8pm EST is too early for me.

16. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

No stress mate, Last 3 seasons started at 8:30 or 9:00pm if I'm not mistaken.

OP updated

17. Usern@me

Usern@me Member

Keeeeen. Will keep an eye on this thread :):)

18. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Thanks mate, I'll add you to the list

On another note, Agg has PM'd me to inform us that we will get a mention on the news page to help with numbers. This will be done once the official thread is started! :D

19. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Got the game last night with the limited edition controller. I will join officially now. Ill use a controller if i have to lol

20. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Thanks mate, OP updated.