OCAU GTSport racing season

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Rusty, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

Welcome To OCAU's 7th Gran Turismo Racing season

[​IMG]

OCAU racing history and conception.

This championship was originally conceived by mr_mordred2095 (aka MrMordy), back in GT5 days, who wanted to get some OCAU organized racing underway...

Full props to Mords for getting this ball rolling, however after Race 2 he had to pull the pin and so The Beast (aka JesseDeya) volunteered to take over the reigns with the able assistance of Rusty (aka hr31gts). Thanks for all the work Mords, we appreciate it and hope you can rejoin us someday.

Season 2 seen a change in organizers as The Beast had work commitments and was likely to miss a few races. So Season 2, with the help of ohbugger (aka Aus_Stalker) Rusty has taken over the reigns! Full props go to both MrMordy and The Beast for getting this exciting race to Season 2!

Season 3 and beyond was run by Rusty with the help of Ohbugger, Gaza86, cjmonkey, BennyBagems, Yogi.
    We have had a huge amount of fun over the years, and I figured with the release of GTSport, why not kick it off again?

[​IMG]

The season.

Season 1 we will be running Gr4 cars. This seems to be similar to Group A and the likes.
    Car selection is between FR, FF, 4WD and MR and GTS's BoP will likely be used.
    At this point, all cars are on the table. Every car has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the GTR can run fairly consistent, fairly easily, but it is a pig on fuel and its very heavy compared to its direct competition.

Modifications:- Open season
    Rubber:- Racing soft, Medium or Hard
    Pick one car, stick with it for the season or incur a points penalty (covered below).

Officials:-
    Rusty - hr31gts
    Gaz86 - Gaz86
    TheBeast - JesseDaya
    Thhhza - Thhhza

All complaints and comments are to be directed to the above stated.

Race entries:- If your name isn't here Please let me know ASAP!!!!

1 Rusty Nissan Motor Sports GTR - Registered
    2 gaz86 Please advise car - Registered
    3 Thhhza Overseas 4 weeks
    4 Afterburner1 auAB1 Team SuperBeetle erm Bugatti Veyron
    5 SuiCid3 - ranok3n BMW
    6TheBeast Chevy Corvette Go-Pro Racing Team
    7 booboo - yogibear Registered Mclaren 650s
    TomJ - Topazzar_ Audi TT Cup

Racing Structure

For this season, we have decided on the structure below.

15 drivers per server (max) will split evenly if > 16 players nominate to turn up. Split details covered below.

This season will now be hosted by myself (hr31gts PSN ID)
    Backup TheBeast (JesseDaya) Gaz86 and Thhhza
    Please make sure you have me and the back up hosts in your friends list, otherwise you will not be able to race!!!!!!

We're aiming for races from 30mins (min) to 1hr (with the possibility of 3 enduro races added to Round 1 Round 3 an 6). We always want to have a pit stop required in order to mix up strategies and allow for more interesting racing. However, with GTS you can lean out you car and possibly do a no stop race, should you dare!

Season starts 14th November
    6 Race Series
    The following track list is official!!!

1. Bathurst - Endurance - Minimum 1 hour race, expect 90mins
    2. Interlagos
    3. Nurburgring GP Endurance Minimum 1 hour race, expect 90mins
    4. Brands Hatch GP
    5. Suzuka Endurance Minimum 1 hour race, expect 90mins
    6. Maggiore
    Bonus round - Points N/A - Nurburgring Full circut. Damage to light 1x 1x tyre and fuel

Timings: This is subject to change. Please advise if its too late and we will review the race starting time.
    Practice starts when I get home from work ~5- 6pm QLD time
    Qualifying starts on Tuesday nights at 21:00 with race start at 22:30 AEST, regardless of daylight savings. Please use this base figure to calculate the times in your own state or territory.

WA - 19:00
    NT - 20:30
    SA - 21:30
    NSW/QLD/VIC/ACT/TAS - 22:00

Guidelines:

Why guidelines? Because rules for teh |_00serz. We're all adults here and we know what good clean racing is about. If you don't and you continue to show bad sportsmanship, you WILL be asked to leave the championship. So far so good however, the racing has been fairly clean and people apologize for mistakes and/or allow people to repass them if they have done them wrong. However, it doesn't hurt to provide some basics to consider...

CONSIDERATIONS PRIOR TO RACE START

When you join the room, say hi and let the host know you're with OCAU. Although races should be hosted in private lounges, there may still be random friends of friends joining who we will need to boot prior to race start.

Give yourself plenty of time!! Don't expect to turn up with 5 minutes to spare and be able to load the correct car, change your setup and get a qualifying lap in. The race host will launch on time to be fair to those who have been trying to out qualify each other in the allotted time.
    Keep an eye on these forums. The race host will announce when the server goes up.

As soon as the server is live you can start qualifying, and fastest time in practice will be your starting position.

Be considerate of others trying to qualify, this is not the time to practice your drifts.
    Consider your race strategy in advance. Don't just concentrate on fast laps during practice but get to know your tyre wear and figure out when you might want/need to pit, and/or what tyres to run.

Car changes need to be notified to me or 1 of the race officials and will come with a penalty (see Penalties in this post) - generally speaking car changing mid-season are not recommended.

CONSIDERATIONS DURING THE RACE

Have fun! Remember this is not for sheep stations, it's better to show consideration to your fellow gamer than to ruin someones evening with a stupid pass attempt or first corner lunge.
    If you're fairly beaten, concede the place. For example, if someone is breaking into a corner alongside me and has the inside line I will accept that I cannot win the battle without unfairly chopping into them. Suffice to say if you don't protect your line and are beaten then please be gracious. I'm not saying don't fight though!! This is not a carte blanche to do kamikaze dives up the inside at every corner. Nuff said.
    Along with the point above, try and hold your line, particularly on the straights. By all means you can move to defend your line or break someone's slip stream once, but constant line changes (swerving) to prevent overtaking is not acceptable. Firstly, it's not in the spirit of international motor racing and secondly it's a recipe for disaster when coupled with even a little bit of network lag. If someone has a good tow on you, move to the inside to make them go the long way around the outside and then hold your line!
    Rage quits are not cool and will NOW INCUR POINTS REDUCTIONS!! . If you really can't go on, park your car off the track and sit it out so the final standings reflect reality. This hasn't been a huge problem in the test races, but it would be a shame if people were to ditch out just because they weren't doing as well as they would have liked. Remember, with damage on heavy anything can happen before the end of a race so never give up!
    Microphones are encouraged, but please mute yours if possible during the race. Race hosts are especially encouraged to have a microphone and use it to inform drivers of important notices.
    In line with the above, please keep text chat to a minimum during the race to avoid distracting chat window pop ups.

There are several points systems in place in various motorsport around the world, and it is always a contentious topic amongst drivers, teams, organisers and fans. The current OCAU GT points system is as follows:

1st - 100, 2nd - 90, 3rd - 80, 4th - 70, 5th - 60, 6th - 50, 7th - 40, 8th - 30, 9th - 20 10th - 10, 11+ 0

This is a simple 10 points per place system, which doesn't particularly reward higher placings, but does make the math easier!

IMPORTANT: I am very keen to implement a round dropping rule to the championship. From the 6 round season, each driver will drop their worst round, effectively making the season total best 5 from 6. This allows each driver to have a shocker, or more realistically, miss one round without suffering in the standings. In my experience, this matches well with RL commitments but keeps it competitive none-the-less.

Unless I am convinced otherwise, the championship will adopt this as a standing rule.

[​IMG]

Penalties:

In Game Penalties

The in game penalty system will be set to strong, and regardless of circumstance, each driver must accept what penalties are awarded by GTS. No appeal will be considered.

Post Race Penalties

Post-race penalties may be awarded in exceptional circumstances, however, it is not the intention of this championship to scrutinize you all with post-race replay analysis. This is about having fun, respecting your fellow OCAUian racer and driving to 10/10ths of your ability. Having said all of that, here is how the penalty system will apply:

If you feel you have been unfairly disadvantaged you may lodge a request for review. In order for your request to succeed the following must happen:

After the race, you must save the replay on your PS4, export it to an external drive and then upload it somewhere on the www so that the race host can download it to review.
    You should PM the race host and detail what you think happened, and approximately when during the race. If you cannot be specific enough the race host may not be able to make a ruling.
    The race host will also have a saved replay (as a matter of course) and will consider the incident in question from both replays before making a decision.
    If a post-race penalty is to be awarded, the race host will contact the penalized driver to ask if they wish to appeal. They have 48hrs from that point in which to provide both a replay and reasoning for dismissal.

Ultimately the race host's decision will stand. Typical penalties will range from 10 seconds for major infractions, 20 seconds for severe infractions and disqualification for multiple major/severe infractions.

I'm confident that this system will be rarely if ever used in this championship! Don't let me down

Officials names are highlighted at the start of this post.

Car Swapping Penalties

Should you wish to change car at any time, you must notify the Championship co-ordinator prior to, or immediately after the race of this decision. For the race in which you use the new car, you will be docked 20% of your finishing points, or 1 place, whichever is higher.

Failure to notify will result in double the penalty.

Race Settings and Conduct:
    The host will use the following settings for all races...

Room Name - OCAU S1R*
    Track - That nights track!!!
    Conditions 8:00 Sunny - or there abouts
    Number of laps - Required laps - usually 30-45mins
    Start Type - Grid start
    Boost - No
    Slip Stream - Real
    Tyre wear 2x Fuel Depletion 2x
    Grip - Real (track edges and wet track)
    Grid Order - Fastest First
    Penalty - Strong
    Race Finish Delay - 180sec (this will give everyone a chance to finish their last lap)
    Mechanical Damage - Heavy (you must pit to repair damage)
    Filter By Catagory Gr.4
    BoP ON
    Tyres - Racing hard Racing Soft
    Kart Usage OFF
    Ghosting Strong
    Shortcut penalty Strong
    Wall collision penalty Weak or off TBA
    Side impact penalty OFF
    Replace cars/Correct direction after accident OFF
    Flag Rules ON
    Countersteer OFF
    ASM OFF
    Driving line assistant No Limit
    Traction controll OFF
    ABS No limit
    Auto-Drive OFF

Conduct
    Races will be hosted by the host, which means you must be his friend in order to join directly.
    Main server PSID - hr31gts
    Backup server will be TBA. Make sure you have both in your friends list. Don't expect to jump on in the 30mins leading up to the race and have the race host drop everything to accept your request. We are here for a good time too!

It is advisable to change your GTS greeting message to something containing the words OCAU so when you enter the room we know you are actually OCAU. I suggest "OCAU FTW" . This can be found in your lounge settings within GT.

The server will go up ~1 - 3 hrs prior to race start to allow people to join and practice.

Microphone/Chat Etiquette
    Currently GTS doesn't appear to have a voice server activated in private servers.
    For this reason we have a Discord channel located here - https://discord.gg/hEUm9q3
    Discord is available on PC, MAC, Android and iPhone.

Mics are strongly encouraged, we are a very social group of varying ages and we'd love to hear your voice. It also helps the race host administrate if he can hear people, and allows people to make brief race comms like "Shit sorry CJ, take back the place" when you've shunted someone from the track .

The other advantage of mics is that the text window isn't constantly popping up over people's driving view.

There are some things to consider though:

When racing, please please PLEASE mute your microphone 99% of the time. If you have a microphone that cannot be muted, DISCONNECT IT!
    If you only have chat, by all means use it when you need to but during racing keep it to a minimum. The chat window is very distracting and may cause someone to make a mistake if it pops at the wrong time.
    If you have missed the race start and want to join to spectate, by all means do so but adhere to the above two points. In fact, stay completely silent until the race is over.

Post Race Coverage:

Official results will be collected by the host and published by me in this thread on page one.

Everyone is encouraged to post photos and race re-recaps as they see fit in this thread, the more the merrier!

Good Luck Gentlemen!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    adr_an likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Reserved

3. gaz86

gaz86 Member

Confirming Registration

Team Mobil 1 Viper Racing #86 - Driver: Gaz Maldonaldo (PSN: gaza86)

4. Thhhza

Thhhza Member

Has Maldonado crashed today?

gaz86 likes this.
  5. Jawar

Jawar Member

Hey

Cheers for organising, confirm me in for entry (PSN: Jawar_AU), car is still TBD.

6. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Thanks mate.
    To be clear for everyone, everyone planning to race will be required to turn up to testing nights at least once a week - Preferable the actual planned race night once it has been decided.

7. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

We will be looking at Tuesday Wednesday or Sunday nights for the comp. Can people please reply with your preferred night, and if the other 2 options will result in them being unable to attend.

8. The Beast

The Beast Member

Tuesday - Preferred
    Wednesday - No (regular social commitment)
    Sunday - Ok (would be happy with a scheduled practice night here)

9. Thhhza

Thhhza Member

I'll be driving the Mazda.

Wednesday or Sunday is okay with me. Can't do Tuesday's due to tennis until December.

10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

BMW

Tuesday - Yes
    Wednesday - No (Futsal)
    Sunday - No (ROOZ league)

11. TomJ

TomJ Member

I like how the Mazda drives now that I've used it but I still have to try the Viper and the GTR. Undecided yet.

Tuesdays - Yes
    Wednesday - No (Date Night)
    Sunday - No

12. gaz86

gaz86 Member

I'm okay with those options, but not against any other days like Monday, just Thursday is gonna be tough for me most days.

Another option is an afternoon on weekend. Assuming people are free then.

13. Usern@me

Usern@me Member

Any night at those times works for me.

Will advise car tomorrow :)

14. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Afternoons on most weekends rule me out, unfortunately.

15. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

There will be an official practice run tonight.
    Will have a server up in about 30-60mins, Looking to start a 35m race at 9pm AEST
    Max numbers for server stability and more fun.
    Track will be Suzuka Standard server settings with the possible exception of fuel settings.

16. The Beast

The Beast Member

A bit of post race livery design. I absolutely love the matte grey special colour chip, saw a design a guy in Japan made that was like this but it was an orange Hankook theme, and I just had to emulate it for my own OCAU Blue GoPro version.

I'm thinking of switching to the Vette for the season, though I can't find nearly enough speed around Bathurst in stock form... tba.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gaz86 likes this.
  17. Agg

Agg Administrator

Sorry missed this - will post on news page and our social feeds now. Looks like a lot of fun!

18. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

Thanks agg. Race down to ebgames and grab yourself a ps4 and gts and join in!

gaz86 likes this.
  19. Agg

Agg Administrator

Tempting, but then I'd get nothing done. :)

20. OP
    OP
    Rusty

Rusty Member

All good mate, just get some international workers and your good to go!