OCAU Guitar Players Club 3

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by sandwichamwin, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ndt

ndt Member

Anyone using a Bugera cab? Just wondering if they passable-ish like cheap celestions or are they pretty bad? just after a cheap cab.

2. OP
    OP
    sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

Got a cheap 2x12 Bugera which cost me sweet FA. Sounds good enough that it lives in my garage for easy loading and my Vintage30 cab stays in my room. It's super light too, but wouldn't hold up to rough use. For bedroom/rehearsals it's honestly not that bad.

3. Boneman

Boneman Member

Amplitube/Mesa Boogie pack is out and it is stunning. I mean it, stunning. Personally I would rather a 5150 III any day of the week but for making demos the Boogies have that certain sound in the mix which is just so easy to get with this new plugin. :thumbup:

4. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

do you use amplitube as standalone or in a VST chain? if so what you use for cab, mic etc emulation?

5. Boneman

Boneman Member

I use it in a DAW, normally Im not a big fan of Amplitubes cabs for heavy stuff, so I would use Recabinet. But generally I use TSE X50 for my guitar tones anyways. However the new Mesa cabs in this pack just work perfectly, there is a certain feeling they give you when you play that hasnt happened before from Amplitube overall, its fantastic.

Basically you can get a great in the mix sound from this pack alone, no need to load external cabs.

6. ndt

ndt Member

What over the ear headphones do you guys use to jam on your guitar with?
    I currently use a pair of Koss UR20 but they're kinda terrible.

7. Boneman

Boneman Member

ATH-M50's, cheap and good enough for demo mixes, they really let you know if the bottom end is booming too much. The new X series have detachable cables and are supposedly more comfortable.

8. ndt

ndt Member

Sold off a bunch of gear and downsized my rig.

Current setup. Eleven Rack, Randall RM4 and a EHX 44 Magnum power amp/pedal tucked in the back.
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with it but would like to get a valve power amp but not really that fussed as I want a small light rig and the power amp would weigh a bit.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  9. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

anyone know of an app that is like yousician in that you can do recognition of your guitar inputs and can track that against guitar pro files but doesn't cost 20usd a month!!!!!!!!

right now i have resorted to custom DLC on rock smith, but the UI is just so shit, the guitar hero fret stage thing is shit and its really fucking hard to make your own CDLC thats 1/2 good.

10. slashrox

slashrox Member

A while ago, I bought a Marshall DSL40c combo (in white). Sounded great at the shop, but in the end I wasn't happy with it. It's a great amp, but the overdrive channel sounded horrible when you turned the gain up for hard rock stuff. It just became all fizzy.

My uncle on the other hand loved the amp as he doesn't play with alot of gain being in a blues band, so I sold the amp to him and replaced the Marshall with a Blackstar HT40 combo. Blows the Marshall away! The overdrive channel sounds smooth and doesn't fizz up at all.

11. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

Boneman i have a mission for you :).....

find a copy of young guitar aug 2013 and scan the hibria section for me :lol:

i need to know what these sweeps towards the end of this solo are

12. Fireblade

Fireblade Member

And while you're there, Boneman, if you could scan the current Richie Kotzen article, translate it for me and rip his stuff from the DVD that'd be great :D j/k

The Winery Dogs new one, Hot Streak is an awesome listen for anyone who likes great rock/funk/soul/shred.

This is probably the most shreddy song from the album

13. ndt

ndt Member

Anyone used a mail forwarding service to ship a guitar from http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ in the US?

Interested in a guitar but they won't ship to AU

14. Boneman

Boneman Member

I just saw these comments tonight, I can get the mags cheap on Amazon if you are really keen. The DVD files can be dealt with too. :thumbup:

15. ndt

ndt Member

Pretty stoked, had a old Marshall 8008 valve state power amp that I bought 8 years ago for $100. It was sold as faulty, powered up but no output. I never got around to trying to fix it and forgot about. Found it again over Christmas replaced the volume pots and and its fixed:thumbup:

Actually sounds pretty good paired with my eleven rack.

16. OP
    OP
    sandwichamwin

sandwichamwin Member

Nice, I had the same luck with a Bugera 6262 I scored cheap. Happy day that was :leet:

17. Radley

Radley Member

Time to change my pickups on my Ibanez RG2550z! I've got EMG 81/85x (I think), and I'm after something similar to Invaders. Anyone have suggestions on alternatives? If not I'll just go some Invaders... It's for primarily heavy metal.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  18. ndt

ndt Member

Bit late, I have a Bare Knuckle Juggernaut in the bridge of my guitar and it sounds really good but I think they cost a bit more than the invader. Lace deathbucker is also a good metal pickup.

19. Boneman

Boneman Member

Just added an AMT P2 to my board today, had no idea how awesome it would be. Can even use its clean channel to run other dirt pedals. No need to buy an amp now thank god!

[​IMG]

20. atmo

atmo Member

My Blackstar S1 drowned early this year, spent a while checking out potential replacements and in the process came to the conclusion I really didn't need much power. Then this happened...

[​IMG]