1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU Guitar Players Club 3

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by sandwichamwin, Jun 11, 2010.

1. shino

shino Member

got a new s/h guitar with a rocksmith cable. slight volume with garageband but no sound out of logic pro x.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Roll the cable around (is there some split wires) whilst playing a power chord.

3. Cererus

Cererus Member

ASIO driver will not let other sound sound sources work?

I have been messing around with Amplitube which is a Amp/stomp pedal/cabinet emulator for the PC
    I am connecting my guitar to this with a rocksmith real tone cable, to make this usable without lag I'm either selecting Windows direct sound (exclusive mode) or ASIO4all drivers.

My issue is that these driver selections in Amplitube will block any other sound device like media players or Youtube. I would like to have Youtube or downloaded video tutorials running at the same time to practice.
    I understand ASIO shunts the audio signal direct to the sound card bypassing the OS to avoid lag, people are using 3rd party software like https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
    to get around the limitation of ASIO4all and have multiple sound sources.
    I've been messing around with this all weekend but can't get it working and I'm getting out of my depth and frustrated.

Would anyone be able to help or point me to a tutorial, I have tried a guide form the Amplitube forum using Voicemeeter which is supposed to work with no luck.

My sys is Win10 1903, using the on-board realtek sound chip, I have tried updating the sound chip drivers.

4. shino

shino Member

Suppose a audio intereface like focusrite will make it work....

5. jclei

jclei Member

I've heard that's a pretty common issue with those types of cables.

Better off just buying an audio interface. They can be had pretty cheap these days. Can buy new basic ones for $80

6. Cererus

Cererus Member

FWIW, I wound up buying a Behringer UCG102 guitar link. Theres even chinese clone versions on ebay that seem to work the same for $10. But I wanted it now so shelled out $50 at an online AUS music store.
    This solved the issue