1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU Iron Cook Off Discussion - October

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by `X', Oct 2, 2005.

1. `X'

`X' Member

OCAU Iron Cook Off Rules

Recipes must best “express the unique qualities of the theme ingredient”. Entries must not be previous posts from the forums. Your entry does not have to be unique HOWEVER you must give credit where credit is due i.e. This was inspired by <insert name here>’s recipe. Entries must NOT be duplicates of recipes from cookbooks but they can be modified versions of recipes.

Photos for the recipes do not have to be posted with each entry. However if you feel it is needed go right ahead however just because you don’t have a photo doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance at winning.

All discussion of recipes must be made in the discussion thread. Only entries are to be posted in the entries thread. This allows easy access to the recipes for the competition and for the future.

At the end of the month, OCAU members will be asked to compile their top 5 recipes and the 5 recipes with the most votes will go into a poll to determine the winner. The winner will become an OCAU Iron Chef and will also get to pick the theme for an upcoming month.

*Rules Edit 1* - One entry per member (one recipe = one entry)

This months theme is chosen by our first winner madhatter. He has decided that this months theme ingrediant is not a theme at all its

BEANS!!!

yes thats right ladies and gentlemen its Beans. Beans are so versatile, maybe you can show us home made baked beans, maybe you can turn Baked Beans into a fabulous 8 course deguastation meal (haha) or maybe you can cook up the best 3 bean salad.

Beans are many and varied... just remember the recipe should show off the diversity of beans.

your time begins....

NOW!

Entries thread here

this thread is for discussion of the theme and recipes only!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Sanzy

Sanzy Member

Wow, this is going to be one smelly contest.

Now where did i put that gas mask and frying pan. I'm making beans.

3. Demented Freak

Demented Freak Member

Would whole coffee beans qualify?

4. OP
    OP
    `X'

`X' Member

no... i didnt chose the topic this month but im pretty sure by beans Madhatter meant the legumes type such as borlotti, french, broad, cannelini and all the other types.

5. Endorphin

Endorphin Member

Whoa! And there I was thinking you'd have to cook of an iron or something :wired:

6. OP
    OP
    `X'

`X' Member

I should be putting my entry in at some stage this week

Madhatter i challenge your chilli recipe with mine!

7. PostModern

PostModern Angry Brewer

My chilli plants have no fruit on them at this time of year or I'd be in on that challenge, too... what the heck, I'll use frozen ones.

8. OP
    OP
    `X'

`X' Member

im so dumb. ill put the recipe up tonight but i cooked it and everything it was one of the best chillis yet and yet i was so dumb i forgot to take a photo of the end result before eating it all

me == dumb yet full of chilli :D

9. OP
    OP
    `X'

`X' Member

Shalmanese thanks for the entry. sounds nice... something i agree i will probably leave till it starts getting cold again.

10. Tankii

Tankii Member

mine we havn't made for ages... becuase my little sister now refuses to eat beans... used to be her fav. anyways, that's why there's no pics.

but enjoy the beany goodness.

all these beany recipies are probably suited better to winter / colder month's imo.