OCAU Official Poll on Mandatory Internet Filtering in Australia

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Agg, Dec 1, 2008.

?

Do you support the idea of mandatory internet filtering in Australia?

1. I support the Mandatory Internet Filtering proposal

46 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. I do NOT support the Mandatory Internet Filtering proposal

3,991 vote(s)
    97.5%
  3. I am undecided

26 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. I don't care

29 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. Eagertman

Eagertman Member

'Shame' because there's something in particular a Politician does, that happens to bother you?

Just about all Politicians are like this... wether their fault or not.

I'm not convinced it will slow everything down, though I do believe it's going to be hard figure out what sites actually constitute as 'bad' sites.

As they say, "You can't stop the internet." - This will just be a lesson learned the hard way, by the government.

2. karlcloudy

karlcloudy Member

Ha ha, the same happens no matter which party gets the power. Look at GST, that was supposedly "never going to happen". Poloticians lie their way into power tempting voters with a huge list of promises that cannot all be delivered. No doubt, with liberal a similar system would have been implemented, or they would have ramped up WorkChoices even more. Either way, you just can't win.

3. motas

motas Member

I reckon this will start blocking illegal sites (thats fine with me) but then it will start blocking other sites like adult sites because parents don't know how to use a computer and catch there kids looking that up. Also it won't work because people will just find a way around it and go there anyway. It's just another stupid way the government is spending money.

4. dalien

dalien Member

GST was an election issue, and people voted that party in...

As for workchoices, it was a great system, people like myself that worked hard, and are creative, got better pay..now the other stupid slack workers, are entitled to get what I get :(

Anyway...back on topic

This filter is just a joke, it comes down to parenting like many have said...

5. IamDan

IamDan Member

Yeah nice one mate.
    The biggest issue i see on the future is that the Libs will pick this up to. Bloody 2 party system! Perhaps we need to start a campain where we flood government email inboxes with letters of dis-approval. Perhaps they will see what slow internet can do to a country. The world is watching and waiting to see how this plays out, if the government pulls this off England, France and a sheetload of other will follow suit, killing the net as WE know it. Lets do something about it!!!:Pirate:

6. titan87

titan87 Member

7. addictivechaos

addictivechaos Member

8. Ragewaar

Ragewaar Member

Filtering internet = FAIL for everyone

Costs our government money, which we end up paying for in tax. So we're actually paying for a service that (at time of writing) 3,929 active internet users have said no to.

I just love how google australia is taking 'our' side by completely disagreeing with the proposed filtering policy.

Conjob needs to give up on the filtering idea - THIS SHIT WILL NOT FLY.

9. carbon_death

carbon_death Member

I could not be any more against the filter!

10. ivekilledem

ivekilledem Member

"Senator the Hon. Stephen Conroy"
    does it amuse everyone the same way this it amuses me?
    Honourable my arse.

11. HM4A1

HM4A1 Member

OMG
    [​IMG]

PROOF THAT IT IS EVIL!

12. LeadAccelerator

LeadAccelerator Member

Lol, send that to the Christian lobby who has Conjob's ear. :lol:

13. Tonyburke

Tonyburke New Member

Internet filtering

In a perfect world Freedom of Speech should be the first consideration of any society, unfortunately the people who fear it are the same people who fear democracy and open transparent government.
    Of course I'm referring to most governments on this planet, these people cannot be trusted.
    Of course some are worse than others. even the best democratic open minded leaders can put legislation in place that can be used against the people at a later time by leaders with bad intentions. Unwittingly they build systems that will be used against us. They're not evil, they are just naive, unaware of the forces that control them and other Western administrations.
    This is what's happening now. This filter WILL be used by subsequent Prime Ministers who are controlled by those who are pushing for a new global system of government that doesn't respect the needs of the people.
    Of course on this website we see the vast majority voting against the filter.
    Unfortunately the mainstream is asleep, totally unaware of what's being planned for them and their families. They aren't stupid, just uninformed.
    We must reach out to them. We know that the filter has nothing to do with protecting them and their families, it's real purpose is to gag dissidents, to block new ideas that are not so good for the retention of their power, to help the corporate propaganda machine to spread its disinformation without opposition.
    People who lived in Germany and Europe during the mid to late thirties tell us that IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN, the fascists have infiltrated the US administration and the European Union and their Agenda is the same. Absolute control of the world population by any means. Check out the http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm>>>>where they clearly and subtly outline their agenda.
    Sorry for for long winded rant sometimes we just have to say it.
    Cheers

14. Egor_

Egor_ (Banned or Deleted)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011