1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

OCAU Ryzen Overclocking discussion/ Guide / Owners Thread

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by mAJORD, Mar 3, 2017.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Thank you... my blue screen errors seem to be solved after I refreshed my windows 10...the only problem I have now is very seldom reboots..spontaneous reboots...even while browsing the net and not taxing the system at all!

SomeBoredGuy likes this.
  2. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

had no issues here but im running ltsc windows (or whatever its called now)

3. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Has anyone else run into the issue of when you shut down your PC via Windows, it goes through the motion of turning off, the display goes off, but the PC is still physically on? I've never had the issue before, but it's only started with my 3600?

4. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

So how do you know if your cpu (or my 3600) is boosting to whatever it is? Does it show you somewhere?

NVM: I downloaded Unigine Heaven and watched the "PEAK SPEED" go up to 4200mhz.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. dmcdude

dmcdude Member

check if you have "USB always on" setting in BIOS.

6. dmcdude

dmcdude Member

get hwinfo or just use msi afterburner hardware monitor.

7. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

I had Ryzen Master running while running Ungine Heaven benchmark and saw the cpu clock dial up...very nice!

8. dmcdude

dmcdude Member

what clocks is it boosting to ?

9. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

A little bit of playing around on my B450 however cant seem to get Infinity Fabric over 1800. Says I've set 1:1 but doesn't follow above 1800. So that's disappointing.
    I was only boosting to 4GHz flat at one stage. Turned off PBO. Turned on Game Boost. Now it boosts to 4.15GHz? Adjusted power plan. Man I used to be right into this but I just cbf'd almost anymore.

10. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Seems like I have a hard limit of 4.15GHz with my current BIOS and settings. Not much I have changed has altered that. I guess Ill need to manually overclock.

11. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

4200Mhz..

12. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

SO i was mid game this morning and machine just rebooted... this is what event manager says.... any clues?

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  13. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Hynix CJR is what to get imo, it's usually sold as 3600-C19 g.skill sniper, etc. With some Ryzen calc timings and a little bit of voltage you can get it to 3200-C14 or 3600-C16 which seems to be the sweet spot for Ryzen gen3. Good bang for buck.

edit: or Micron e-die

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  14. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

There seems to be issues with win10 when cumulative updates are installed instead of downloading the latest version & installing it from there.
    I've done win10 installs from retail USB keys purchased in mid 16' & after downloading all the updates, the systems I've put them on never seem really stable unless the installs are from the 1903 updated version which is the latest download version of win10.
    Did 1903 from DVD Iso on an older system that has issues booting from USB & all is fine even when heavily stressed, & even no BSOD even when system is not stressed unlike the systems that had 'layered' updates to them.

15. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

MSI update bios to 1.7 for my B450 board, older UEFI bios UI now gone! click bios only now & no OC profiles to store in bios anymore.
    Reminds me of my Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, although that had OC profiles.
    The whole color scheme is just shades of grey.. about 50 or so! lol.. :lol:

16. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Ryzen Master Utility stress test run at max time is not very good imo. This is with both cpu & ram.
    Tried a setting for manual OC, passed the test but running CinebenchR20, system crashes approx half way through multi-thread cpu test.
    It's like is this a REAL stess test or window dressing?

17. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

I no longer use PBO with my 2600X for gaming, manual OC is better imo.
    Currently have all cores locked at 4300MHz with 1.40v, my temps barely get over 50-55C.
    Will post screenshot when on that device next time.

I enable windowed mode in my fav game but it no work!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  18. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

If you can get 4300 on your 2600X then yeah, manual OC is miles in front of PBO.

Hotrod2go likes this.
  19. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

I could run 4.4GHz all cores/threads but my cooling solution needs upgrading & mixed views around net about "safe" Vcore limits for Zen+

M1ck1 likes this.
  20. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Had a weird system shut down whilst gaming with 1.8 bios on board in my sig. Could not even get system to shut down completely by pressing the on button for more than 4 seconds. Had to turn it all off by hitting the power switch at the wall.... most unusual! This is the 2nd time it's suddenly happened last couple days now... :confused:
    A "very" cold boot fixed it however. Weirder thing is there was power to my headphones & external vol/speaker select control panel during the weird shut down but nothing from any other USB devices whatsoever & of course the display completely blank!

I'm suspect on the bios at this stage.

Anyway.... lucky MSI have released 1.93 beta bios in August, so flashed to that & currently doing ram testing with this latest bios.
    Another thing too is that you can't turn off the imo silly RGB lighting crap on the board now. It's always on! :shock: