OCAU Shirts "I'm not a terrorist, I'm a photographer" :: Group Buy V3

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Cat600RR, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat600RR

Cat600RR Member

OCAU Terrorist Shirts :: PAY NOW if you haven't already

OK, finally, it's on again.

Originally spawned by this thread, was this group buy, then version 2 with polos.

V3 will run a little different to the previous group buys as you will be able to order and pay whenever you like. There are no cut-off dates (as yet), you don't need to email me, or know codes to know what you're ordering.

Cost & Postage & Paying
    This time you can get black or white, polos or t-shirts.
    T-Shirts cost $12, Polos cost $15.
    Postage will be done through Aust Post pre-paid satchels again.
    500g Satchel = $5 (Max 2 Shirts)
    3kg Satchel = $8.80 (Max 3/4 Shirts)
    I managed to cram four into a 3kg bag, but my shirts are all small. Chances are if you order four 3XL polos, you will need two 500g bags.

You can pay via PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, cheque, money order, EFT/bank transfer. You can't pay with cash, just deposit it into my bank account manually.

Update: I have added PayPals fees charged to me onto the shopping cart via the 'Postage' section on the checkout form. If you are NOT paying via these methods and are sending a cheque, money order or bank transfer, you must SET THIS OPTION TO NO, otherwise you will be charged the fees.
    The fees are bugger all, but add it up over 100 shirts and it could easily be $150.

The shopping cart will give you the appropriate details when you place your order and select which method you wish to pay with. So you will receive an email with my bank account details if you choose that payment method.

Shutup and let me order!
    http://www.ProBikePics.com/ocau/?show=s1

Ordering is easy.
    Click on the type of shirt you want, select size, choose how many, go back to index, repeat.
    You must also add to the shopping cart how much postage you will require. It's simple, just think about it and work it out before you place your order.
    More stuff ups = more work for me = less chance I will organise stuff like this in the future.
    Make sure to read and follow all of the instructions on the checkout page. Don't pay the PayPal fees unless you are paying with credit card or from your PayPal account.

After all is said and done, I will have 1 or 2 days where anyone from Brisbane can pick up their shirts from my place or some central place, in which case, don't pay postage!

When you view each shirt, you will note each size has a bunch of crap written next to it. For example: PB - Medium - Chest:55.5cm Length:72.5cm.
    Be careful when choosing your size, make sure the chest and length measurements are correct, don't just select medium if you are normally a medium. I am 5'11, 83kg, and wear a small.
    Note that the measurements are in centimeters. In the example above, the medium shirt would be 55.5cm from side to side (ie. wide), and 72.5cm long.

When do I get my shirts?
    I haven't worked this out yet. If the orders come thick and fast, I will set a date (mid-late November) to send the order to the printers. There is nothing except for the amount of work involved to say I won't run another one early next year with different designs and whatever else.
    The other option is to send an order to the printers every time I receive 50 shirt orders, as that is the minimum number for the price we're getting.

Questions?
    If you have any questions, the site or cart isn't working, you think I am suck at teh intarweb, anything, just shoot me an email or post in this thread.
    nathan@probikepics.com

Rambling that fits nowhere else
    I haven't organised the design with the printer yet, but I am going to take one of my old polos in so they can make their own design from that. (Or I will scan it/figure it out myself.)

The gallery/shopping cart is still branded with my own site garb, so ignore it for the time being. If I get some spare time I will fully change it over. Apart from the logo, the order confirmation email will have all my crap in it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Ronza

Ronza Member

Exxxcelllent, this ordering system is so much better than my Excel sheet :lol:

3. break

break Member

Is there any chance of getting a design other than "I'm not a terrorist, i'm a photographer" made?

I'd be happy to pay a little more to get two shirts, one with the default text, and one with my own design I submitted that said "STOP! Or i'll shoot" with the ocau.com/photo link under it.

If its too difficult I understand.

4. jOel05

jOel05 (Banned or Deleted)

Awesome, its on again. :) Just a quick question about the sizing though, it says chest for a large is 58.5. Just wondering where you are measuring from because measuring from my chest its 102cm. Just need some clarification please :)

thanks,
    Joel

5. OP
    OP
    Cat600RR

Cat600RR Member

Break: Different design? In this buy, no. At another stage, possibly. It costs to create the design as well, so if you wanted 2 shirts with your own design they would be like $40 each.

Joel: The measurements are in inches, and apparently the measurement is not of the shirt but of the chest it has been sized for. I'm not 100% on this, so if someone could measure their old terrorist shirt and chest and post up, that would give us a better idea. Otherwise I will do it tonight.

6. break

break Member

Cheers for the quick response.

I'll leave it at the standard design for now then :thumbup:

7. The_Scroop

The_Scroop Member

Huzzzah! I have been waiting months and months for this to come along. I missed out on the second round by a few days....(if I only discovered ocau a few days earlier). :thumb:

8. f@rmboy

f@rmboy Terrorist Photographer

Awsome.... order sent.....

9. annandin

annandin Member

Sub Total: $20.00
    TOTAL: $N.aN

What's going on there?

10. OP
    OP
    Cat600RR

Cat600RR Member

Just sent you an email, annandin. Can you try it again, please?

Edit: Confirming this is a freak bug. It has never happened before, and in any case, I have uploaded the fix.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  11. sealish

sealish Member

Damn my spending habits leaving me with no cash until Friday payday. I'll be ordering then and thanks a bunch for organising this Cat :)

12. annandin

annandin Member

Ok, just ordered. :)

I'd definately prefer the shirts to be mailed out every time 50 are sold, but I can handle waiting too.

13. fugitive86

fugitive86 Member

Just put my order in.
    Updates as to how many orders you've processed would be cool (if it's not too much of a pain in the arse) so we have a rough idea of when to expect dispatch =)

Btw, you're a champ for organising all this, thanks Cat600RR

14. OP
    OP
    Cat600RR

Cat600RR Member

Yes, well, so far there has been 4 orders, so don't hold your breath. :Paranoid:

15. jOel05

jOel05 (Banned or Deleted)

We could maybe get this thread moved to the general photography section to give it more exposure and get more orders?

Did anyone end up getting the measurement or measure their t-shirt, im still a bit confused by the sizes.

16. break

break Member

I'll have my order in this weekend sometime.

17. rvrolla

rvrolla Member

Ordered. :)

Thank you!

18. fugitive86

fugitive86 Member

Good idea - maybe one of the admins could post a sticky in the main forum that links to this thread since some people are blind and still haven't realised there's a tech-talk subforum

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  19. xpantz

xpantz Member

can I just confirm those measurements.. are in inches

It's little wonder at 5'11 you wear a small.
    your small at 69 inches is 175.26 centermeters... thats too much.

and for the large size
    TB - 3XL - Chest:66 Length:81.5

according to my metric/imperial converter 81.5 inches is 207.01 centermeters... or over 2meters long... thats a ball gown not a tee-shirt :)

the measurements make sense as centermeters width and length.

my OCAU teeshirt measures 58 centermeters across the front under the armpits and 68.5 centermeters in length... it was a large size.

my round the chest measurement is 135 centermeters or 53 inches... I suppose that could be it... perhaps the length is for the persons height.

some straight length x width measurements would be good.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  20. OP
    OP
    Cat600RR

Cat600RR Member

OK, thanks for that.

You're right, the measurements are in centimeters, NOT inches.

I was confused by the measurements, thinking that the chest number was in inches because it was a full, round the chest, measurement. Turns out it's only a width measurement.

I will update the first post to reflect this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.