1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan!el

Dan!el Member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

{Ma Baker Edit: If you keep that up you'll be a disgruntled banned OCAU member.}

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  3. nerd1

nerd1 Member

4. OP
    OP
    Dan!el

Dan!el Member

Yeah. With X-Series there will be some pretty nice offers. :)

5. nerd1

nerd1 Member

hanging out for a deal with either the dopod 835pro or the Nokia n95

/me runs in the hamster wheel faster hoping the deal would come quicker

6. Matt P

Matt P Member

man, people think up new fetishes all the time :lol:

7. VZey

VZey Member

is the razr maxx coming to 3?

the one Telstra has on Next G.

8. Julz

Julz Member

is there anyway of upgrading handsets early (ie before 12months)?

9. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

you can upgrade your handset early by getting another handset on dual handset installments. basically adds 14 dollars a month for another 24 months. basically.

10. Maz

Maz Member

It works out cheaper to sell your phone and buy the phone you want on ebay.

E.g.. I originally wanted a K800i but i rarely use my mobile phone and a $69 cap would be waste. Instead i would go on the $29 cap get a free K610i. I'd then sell it on ebay and buy a second hand K800i. Changeover cost would be less than $200.

If i went with a $29 cap and bought the K800i i'd pay $18 extra per month or over $400 to upgrade.

To upgrade a phone mid plan 3 wanted nearly $800 in repayments spread of 24months, so once you sell the original phone to recoup the money it probably costs even more than $400.

I've now decided to just stick with the K610i for now as im undecided on the K800i. When the time comes i'll sell my K610i and buy a N95 when the price drops which will probably be when nokia announces the N97 or N98 etc.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  11. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I just had to take my k610i back for repairs after it chucked the shits and wouldn't stay turned on for more than about 5min for an entire week. Typically enough, the problem seemed to disappear the day I gave it to the service people. Also the loud speaker cut in and out for a few days...

Are these common problems for the guys who work with three?

12. Julz

Julz Member

I'm on hot for 3 at the moment - no minimum spend. I pay $18/month for my K800i. Could I get a Dopod 838pro added on as a dual handset installment? Do they provide another sim card? Basically why would 3 do this?

Cheers

13. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Member

More then likely you would be aloud too, but you'd be paying more then $14 a month. However its up to Three as to weather or not they allow you to have a DHI.

14. OP
    OP
    Dan!el

Dan!el Member

Your adding another handset onto your number and you only get 1 sim for 1 number. They do this if you want or need a new handset but don't want to pay upfront for it and have not reached your loyalty resign period. On old $0 min spend plans they are slowly phasing this out as they obviously make no money on them. You may be able to do it now, but in 6mths time you defiantly won't be able to unless you move to some form of newer cap/plan.

The $14 pricing Andrew was referring to was for a cheap 6288/K608i/Z610i, etc. The Dopod is $36/mth. :)

15. Doofus

Doofus Member

And with my new GPS receiver and GPS software, I am finding my Dopod well worth the expense. Plus on long trips my son can play games down the highway and I know I don't need to turn for ages. Headphones means I don't have to hear it, and I can listen to my music on car audio. 7 year olds love Battleship. I need to buy AOE from 3, but that will be for me. :)

Okay, so the GPS is a toy, but the music and games for my son is a godsend on long trips.

Soon it will be time to look into the 3 packages for entertainment and then maybe the X-Series if my phone becomes (or is already) compatible.

16. Julz

Julz Member

hrmm thanks for the info... i'll have to think about whether I try to get the Dopod 838pro on a $36/month payment or buy it outright.
    If i buy it outright I can salary sacrifice it and save 10% (GST) and save another ~15% (my tax bracket for this financial year).

edit: just found this phone on organiser world http://www.ow.com.au/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1574
    Dopod P800w GSM/UTMS/inbuilt GPS! Hrmmm do i really need all these features tho? My N73 already has tomtom installed (no bluetooth gps unit at the moment tho)

Not sure if this is new news or not but Three now have their SyncML servers working so you can backup you handset data (contacts and calendar) to the three network.

www.three.com.au/3sync

for more info

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  17. Julz

Julz Member

Not sure if this is new news or not but Three now have their SyncML servers working so you can backup you handset data (contacts and calendar) to the three network.

www.three.com.au/3sync

for more info

18. josh81

josh81 Member

How does the Motorola RAZR Maxx compare to the V3XX?

Pretty similar? i thought they were the same actually, just that Telstra had a different name like Vodafone have for some handsets which are "exclusive"

19. Da Brunster

Da Brunster Member

I am new to 3 and have a quick question regarding billing. I am on the 49 cap with a $14 monthly payment on my phone over 24 months. I signed the contract on the 9th of December.

I got my first statement a few weeks back and it was dated 9th December - 31st December.

Now i was under the impression that my month would start on the 9th and go through to the 9th of the following month.

So if i am reading this bill correctly it means that i have missed out on 9 days of my service but was still charged for it.

Is it the normal procedure to just round it off to the closest month? So say if i joined on the 20th of December would they have given me 11 days free? Or would they charge me for the whole month?

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Just asking for some opinions before i yell at them over the phone. I know its only a few dollars but its things like this that shit me.

20. josh81

josh81 Member

Yeah same thing happened to me, only got ~23 days in my first month in order to slot into the regular billing date. Shits me too, especially if they don't tell you, and i nearly missed my handset bonus, but luckily i had spent over $15 on Planet 3, otherwise i would have been spitting chips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.