Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red+black

red+black Member

2. SteveMenheere

SteveMenheere Member

As you are using a non 3 phone it should prove to you that that is a bunch of uninformed twaddle.
    It is commonly stated that 3 sims wont work in 2g phones, but 3 sims will work in unlocked 3g phones

3. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

as steve said, there are plenty of people who believe they know what's going on. in that thread, the OP is quite n00b, which in itself, is nobody's fault, but he also likes to assume a lot of things without anything credible to back it up. there's your first issue. the subsequent replies only perpetuate the circle of BS :thumbdn:

4. red+black

red+black Member

I knew it wasn't just me. Today when I try the page is titled Three Maintenance and I get this picture:

[​IMG]

5. red+black

red+black Member

Sure seems like a lot of misinformation is floating around then. There are a few sites around that talk about 3 in Australia. Surely 3 should make it clear on their website that they encourage as many new customers to sign up for their great packages and services, whether they buy a phone from 3 or source it elsewhere.

6. Aratama_Bashi

7. Aratama_Bashi

quality of playback is more to do with the processing capability of the phone, rather than the amount of data being streamed. once you get to a lower-end phone with less power, your frame rate will drop off dramatically.

8. bcprowor

bcprowor Member

hey guys

my k800i is out of the 1 yr wty period
    so far the main problem i have with the phone is i assume the microphone is broken because the person on the other end cannot here me and also the joystick has problems getting stuck and not moving. I got recommended from the 3 shop to go to a 3G repairer but they didnt give me a quote. I assume thats would be expensive?

Should I get it repaired or is it cheaper to just wait 4 months and wait for the free upgrade as my plan hits 20months in 4 months time.

9. VTY

VTY Member

I would try to reset the phone or even update the phone's software I had a issue with my Old K800i where my Mic wasn't working updated the software and all fine (this could not work for you but atleast try it) in terms of the joystick u might have dust in the joystick clean it and it should be fine (i usually get a needle and poke and clean hehe but who noes software update might fix it :D)

10. red+black

red+black Member

My Mum went out yesterday and bought a Nokia 6500 slide and signed up on a $29 plan. She was supposed to just go and look at phones and narrow down her preferences, then we'd talk about it, but she liked the 6500 and thought she'd been in the shop long enough, might as well finish the deal off.

Well, I'm happy. My best friend and now my Mum are on 3 (as am I obv.).

11. qingtian

qingtian Member

does anyone have battery issues with the nokia n73 on three?

12. Aratama_Bashi

never had any issues with the battery on my 3 n73...

13. qingtian

qingtian Member

hmm i should probably get it checked up at a three store + claim under warranty mayb.

14. VTY

VTY Member

yea but remember batteries have a 6month warranty (dun blame 3 for this) blame the manufacture for it >_<

15. mliuboy

mliuboy (Taking a Break)

I wish to switch to 3 soon, probably not a contract to start off with initially. The problem is, my current Optus prepaid is registered with my mother's name from ages past, and she no longer resides in the country. What is the best method to do a switch, and perhaps a name change in the process if it's possible?

If there are anybody who can help in this regard using not-quite-official means PM me :). My reasoning above is fully legit though, so proper methods are all good.

16. Aratama_Bashi

you dont need anything special to port your number. just the phone number, and the date of birth that was registered with the prepaid, in this case, we can assume it was your mother's. no dramas there.

17. mliuboy

mliuboy (Taking a Break)

Awesome, I can just do this at any 3 shop right? Or need to call up directly?

18. Aratama_Bashi

nah go to a 3 store. don't do it directly; waiting sucks.

19. Witch

Witch Member

Are you sure? That seems too insecure. I mean, anyone could port my number to another provider, to an account not in my name, without my permission, simply by knowing what my number is and my date of birth.

20. red+black

red+black Member

Another thread re a lost phone book reminded me that maybe 3 have a SIM backup facility? This true, how does it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.