Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

stores generally have good stocks of it :thumbup:

2. SSJX

SSJX Member

same just went to a 3 outlet and they're out of k800i's
    the guy also told me they just received a call today from hq saying they were out too

3. zfishies

zfishies Member

I resigned with the $29 CAP with the $10 credit :) got the K770i

it doesn't mention anything about it ($10 monthly credit)in the contract.. hope they didnt leave it out

4. SSJX

SSJX Member

What colour did you get???!!

I want the k770i too but i don't want that 'special purple'

5. bungs

bungs Member

Ended up going to a 3 store after my last post...

I was on my 23rd month and they let me void my contract and start a new one, :thumbup:. Originally had a k800i on 29 cap + $18 a month phone repayments per month, total $47 a month. Now I've got a brand new k800i on the 29 cap with $10 a month credit, so $19 a month.

They offered me other phones on a $49 cap, saying that for the past 2 years i've spent $47 a month anyway... This is true, but this phone does everything I need (mainly mp3 player) so $19 a month sounds a lot better to me then $49.

6. BiKESEAT

BiKESEAT Member

Quick question - a mate of mine signed up to the $29 plan with a k850i @ $18 a month. He has since changed to the $99 plan, but has been told he needs to keep paying the $18 a month for the handset. Does this sound right?

7. Onyx

Onyx Member

Me too, as I've read many a horror story on Whingepool about people calling up 3 customer service and trying to get stuff sorted out, and dread having to do that if the credit isn't automatically applied.

8. sanjay

sanjay Member

go get a purple one and i'll swap it with ya for my K800i ;)

(K770i is better, and the purple is actually really nice IMO)

9. Pyros

Pyros Member

is the k770i technically a better phone? tbh the purple looks a bit sissy irl imho :(.

yeah i'm pretty sure it's right. it's a bit annoying, but when you sign a contract those are the terms you're agreeing to. i know a guy who signed on with a $29 cap phone on the $99 cap with vodafone. he's been on for 18 months, and they won't let him out early despite having already technically paid off the handset.

i'm in a similar boat. i signed on with the $49 cap with a k610i - available for $0 on the $29 cap. that said, there is the advantage that he can always drop back to the minimum cap without any extra charges. if he'd signed up with a more expensive handset and dropped back, he'd be making repayments on the handset in addition to his monthly cap.

10. Maz

Maz Member

He may as well cancel the plan. Sell the phone and get a new contract on a $69 cap with no handset repayments.

Then upgrade from the $69 cap to $99. That way he can always downgrade to $69 cap without getting handset fee's. If you sign up to a $99 cap even though the phone is available on the $69 cap three probably wont let you drop to the $69 :thumbdn:

Or sell the phone/cancel contract, sign up to the $99 a month plan and get a better phone.

Would be easier if three just cancelled his $18 month handset fee.

Couldn't call them and say his going back to $29 and call their bluff? They'll be getting $70 less off him each month, all for a $18.

11. SSJX

SSJX Member

exactly what i was thinking
    the purple looks fine on the net and from a distance, but IRL it's gay for a guy

12. Pyros

Pyros Member

nah, they do let you drop back. i did it with my plan.

i ran into a guy at uni with one, and even he said it was a girls' phone.

would probably be alright in a different colour though.

13. sanjay

sanjay Member

metal body, smaller, thinner, lighter. k800i does have the xenon flash but it comes at the cost of the beasty camera lense cover.

k770i is more like the k810i than the k800i really. few little software enhancements too, better icons and shit. mate got one on vodafone $49 cap a while ago, his is silver but it looks pretty boring compared to the purple.

you guys must be pretty insecure to think that having a purple phone makes you "sissy" or whatever. ;)

14. Pyros

Pyros Member

it's not that i feel it makes me look silly, it's more that i think the phone itself looks silly. it'd be like having a pink razr or something - every time i looked at it i'd scowl.

15. SSJX

SSJX Member

i don't mind the purple k770i but i strongly prefer the black or silver one

they have the casings/housings on ebay but they're not oem so they're missing most if not all the sony ericcson brandings.

Would anyone know where to obtain SE oem cases/covers/housing?

16. Pyros

Pyros Member

hey aratama i notice that the $10 credit promotion ends on june 25th. has it been that successful? i'm a bit sad that i won't be out of contract in time to sign up :(.

17. farkas007

farkas007 Member

what's the story with 3 and iphone, will this dumb ass company get it or not. Damn i hate 3, worst reception, worst non english speaking service, just disgusting and on top of that, i wont be able to get iphone 3G from them ether, and all this time i was stuck with their 3G sim. they remind me on one of those little energy companies like Jack Green who only know to lock in their customers with massive exit fees.

18. Pyros

Pyros Member

you're the one that signed the contract mate. if you hate them so much, just pay up and leave.

on the topic of the iphone, if you'd bothered to read the last few pages you'd know.

19. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, eh?

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=8969498&postcount=539

If it helps (it won't) - I left 3 a month or two ago moved to NextG for various reasons, none to do with anything 3 had done wrong.

The exit fees were reasonable (just the last 3 repayments on my phone) - reception is fine (the roaming on Telstra is a godsend if you travel in the country or inner city where 2100MHz struggles), and customer service weren't problematic at all if you spoke to them clearly and concisely.

As mentioned, you signed the contract, you're stuck with it. Or, you can put your money where your mouth is and pay it out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  20. n00by

n00by Member

yes I think so lol :Pirate:

cross posting garbage in the three and iphone threads lol:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.