Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Member

Battery takes about 2-3 hours to charge RTFM! Don't listen to morons.

2. dank

dank Member

sweet I was going to wait until morning. do i need to leave the phone off for the 2-3 hours or can i play with it while it is charging?

3. Supremo

Supremo Member

The number never shows up on my phone! :(
    Its something I've always wondered about and never really figured out why it doesnt work.

Oh well, I guess theres nothing I can do about it.

Thanks for your help A_B! :):thumbup:

4. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

exactly.

nah, generally speaking, the best thing you can do with a battery is not charge it at all - use the device until it dies. then give it its first charge, as cyb3r says, 2 or 3 hours is all it takes, because the battery will stop charging itself once it is full. keep in mind, also that the battery will take a couple of weeks of regular use until it reaches its max. capacity :thumbup:

but are you talking about calls from many different countries around the world? or just one country? that is an important note :)

5. Supremo

Supremo Member

Any country. I normally receive calls from London, Kuwait & India and nobodys number shows up on my fone when they call.

However when I call my family and friends in London, Kuwait or India - my number shows up on their fones!

6. rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis Member

here goes the obvious question..do they have silent numbers? :p

7. Supremo

Supremo Member

lol.. no their numbers arent on silent (I've asked them this.)

So is the callers number displayed on your fones when you receive international calls??
    :confused:

8. Aratama_Bashi

as i said, about 50 per cent of the time. when i receive calls from docomo, the number doesnt come up. when i receive calls from russia, its about 50% of the time blocked. it's a totally hit-and-miss affair.

9. Supremo

Supremo Member

Ok... as you said, it must be something with the networks...

10. SSJX

SSJX Member

A_B, would you happen to know the 're-payment' cost per month for the viewty in terms of loyalty credits?

11. Aratama_Bashi

1,000,000,000 pesos per minute

which equates to roughly

$25-28 dollars per month

cannot recall exact figure right now

but upgrade offers on the viewty are quite generous now that it is free on the new $29 cap ;)

12. Onyx

Onyx Member

x2. These new plans seems to fall short for me, in my instance I'm getting better value from the older 29 cap plan, and the 10 dollar per month credit is just gravy on top.

13. SSJX

SSJX Member

thirded, but my gf wasn't so lucky - she was too busy to sign up before the end of june

14. soulmaker

soulmaker (Banned or Deleted)

Friend tried to upgrade to veiwty, hes been on $29 cap for around 28 months, no new phone since start, and they said they couldn't do it, wait a few months and ask again...

15. dukkie

dukkie Member

ey guys just looking at this 3 plan Here

and was wondering, is that $100 free credit for every month? or just for the first month?

also, wat do you think this plan and rate are like compared to the optus $79 cap?

16. SSJX

SSJX Member

it's a once off $100 credit to your billing account

17. Spingo

Spingo Member

CLID between countries is very hit-and-miss. There are so many conditions that need to be met in order for CLID to work and if a single one has an issue, the CLID will not come through. The areas where it most frequently fails is in the translation between SS7 signalling protocols. The trouble is, there are so many places where these translations occur that investigation of these types of issue is often exhaustive, especially for the severity of the issue and the impact of any fix.

I had investigated a CLID issue for an AU mobile customer a few years back in regards to CLID not coming through for an overseas mobile number as a experiment (in general, these issues don't get looked into, but there was a curiosity to see how much work was involved). If memory serves me correctly, around 20 test calls were required just to isolate the location that the fault was occuring - and the resolution ended up working for AU mobile customers the were using one HLR on the network - a seperate fix was required for CLID routing to work on the other 5 HLRs in use at the time.

To cut a longish story short, when it works, be grateful that it does!

18. Aratama_Bashi

lol.... i'm sorry that your friend was served by fucking morons :thumbdn:

19. Aratama_Bashi

IMO, the optus 79 cap doesn't even come close to the three 69 dollar bundle cap.

first, just look at the pricing...
    - straight off the bat, the optus plan is obviously $10 per month more - there's $240 saved right there!
    - optus flagfall is 5c more - doesn't seem serious but would add up over the month
    - 3's 69 cap gets you 500 minutes of calls to other 3 customers each month, anytime, any call length. optus 79 gives you yes time from 8 to 12. this one merely depends on whether you know people on 3 or optus.

THEN you have the FREE usb modem and 2GB of data - included in that 69! i think the optus one does not even compare... how much would 2gb of data per month cost you on the optus plan? :)

20. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

I've forgotten mine MANY MANY times, all you have to do is ring 333, press 4, press 2 (or 3, cant remember), press 1 and you'll be guided through on how to change it. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.