Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

2. Scorpion1080

Scorpion1080 Member

In latest news... Pre-paid now offers better value compared to caps.

Pre-Paid
    $29 = $150 of calls, up to 150mb data, $10 of planet 3 services and 180mins of 3 to 3
    $49 = $350 of calls, up to 500mb data, $10 of planet 3 services and 300mins of 3 to 3
    $69 = $650 of calls, up to 1gb data, $10 of planet 3 services and 500mins of 3 to 3
    $99 = $1000 of calls, up tp 2gb data, $10 of planet 3 services and 2500mins of 3 to 3

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. godkilla

godkilla Member

Is this a hint that 3 may be adding reasonable amounts of data to the caps at some stage soon?

4. t00ch

t00ch Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Somebody just got a HTC Touch Pro :)

I was going to wait for the diamond, but when I realised the Pro wasn't as chunky as I thought it would be, and thought about how much touch-only phones have the potential to annoy me, I grabbed this :)

Expensive yes, but meh, I never go over my cap and it's probably still cheaper than a decent iphone plan.

5. Julz

Julz Member

6. t00ch

t00ch Member

Damn NOW you tell me :D

That's a classic, looks like they just stole the image of the REAL TD and put it on the box hahahahah :lol:

7. Willis-

Willis- Member

Is it possible port my number from an Optus post-paid plan to 3 pre-paid?

I plan on switching to a Cap plan with 3 in the future (just waiting on phones to be released etc) and i'm sick of the shitty plan i'm on with optus!

8. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Member

Hmm hardly...

Roaming calls are charged at 59c/30s, normal calls at 45c/30s

Free 3 to 3 calls must originate in the Mobile Broadband Zone. Meaning no Free 3 to 3 when roaming.

The only thing decent is the Data, which isn't yet available.

9. ricee007

ricee007 Member

Fixed for you

10. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

God i hope so!

11. superjono

superjono Member

Just wanted to make sure everyone realises, you DON'T get the data as a bonus on top of the cap. Basically, you get included credit to use as you wish, whether that's on calls, sms OR data. On the $29 Prepaid Cap, you get $150 of credit. Data is charged at $1/MB, hence why you get "up to 150MB of data". In other words, if you spent ALL of your credit on data, and none on voice calls or sms, that's when you would get 150MB worth before you ran out of credit. Basically it's a trade off - you get credit to spend how you wish, whether it's on calls, sms or data.

So it's still quite a good deal, the fact that you can choose to have your allowance spent on data, rather than having to pay extra for it, but it's not quite the same like I think some people are thinking, where you get all the included calls plus the data.

Also, make note that the roaming rates are $5/MB. Since you get to use your cap allowance on it, if 3 just charge you the usual $1.65/MB, they'd be losing out on it since, if $29=$150, they'd only be getting $0.32 of "real money". You're actually getting a better rate than the postpaid caps though, because $5 of your cap allowance is only 97c of "real money". I guess this is what that press release about 3 getting better roaming rates was all about.

EDIT: And obviously, the higher a cap you're on, the cheaper it gets. On the $99 Prepaid Cap, data on 3's network is 48c/MB (hence $1000/48c=2083MB ie 2GB) and the roaming data rate is still $5/MB which, since you get $1000 for $99, is only 50c of "real money".

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  12. josh81

josh81 Member

Good work superjono.

13. mr sti

mr sti Member

Far out 3 Mumbai are useless. I rang them to unlock my n95 8gb which I got through Dche39xx on the forums, but because its not on the system she cant unlock it. It shows I should have a k800i. Ive got all the details here, but then again she cant check them because the server is down. :(

14. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

you would actually be lucky if they let you unlock it. the standard procedure is that only the handset's original owner may unlock a handset, seeing as it appears on their account, not yours.

15. << J o Y i >>

<< J o Y i >> Member

Couldn't you just get Dche39xx to unlock it for you before he gave it you? I don't think 3 were being unreasonable in not letting you unlock

16. sab988

sab988 New Member

Im pretty sure if u asked dche39xx, he'd do it for u

Otherwise, u can buy an unlock clip from deal extreme for about $10 delivered

17. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

i just copy/pasta now. important/interesting parts are in bold.

18. fc_jai

fc_jai Member

Any news on the Bold? :p

19. mliuboy

mliuboy (Taking a Break)

Interesting news regarding the 3G coverage area. I wonder if they can just firmware update the e71 for use on Telstra :confused:

20. t00ch

t00ch Member

Cross posted in the HTC Pro thread:

This is a totally stupid question but I need to put my mind at rest.
    The phone won't be using any data while it's not physically on the internet/msn/any data apps or if i'm using wifi will it? i leave 'data connection' off, and use 'nodata' to turn off 'planet 3' and 'mobile internet'.

The reason I ask is that there appears to be 40mb out of 100mb used on an x-series pack that i signed up for about 2 nights ago. There are 3 'on net data' packs listed in my 3, as I was on an essentials 8 pack, 3 put me on a 5 pack when I re-signed, then I changed it back to an 8.
    These all expire on 16/10. I cancelled the 5, so currently I'm only on an 8.

The 'original' essentials 8 has 99mb left as it wasnt used at all with my old phone.
    The essentials 5 has 13mb (out of 20) left as i used it for a couple of days when I got the phone.
    The 'new' essentials 8 says 59mb left when it's been barely (if at all) used on the internet apart from wifi.

I assume it might be a billing stuff up due to having so many packs listed? Or maybe because I signed up mid month and already had a pack before that, it's taken some off of the new one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.