Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L4ncer

L4ncer Member

Okay,
    So it is a good idea to get a 29 cap... Now all I gotta decide is whether I go with a free phone or pay a bit more a month and get a top model like the N95 or something :)

2. josh81

josh81 Member

Options:

1. You could get on a $29 cap with a free handset, sell it for ~$250, buy an N95 brand new off ebay for ~$450. Then you're paying $29 a month, and have an N95 which you've paid $200 for.
    2. Or get on a $29 cap, pay $10 extra a month for the N95, which equates to $240 over 24mths.
    3. Or get a free N95 on a $49 cap.

I think if you're never going to go over the $29 cap limit, then the $49 cap is pointless and should be ruled out. As far as option 1 and 2 are concerned, i think option 2 is the best. I'd rather pay $240 over 2yrs than pay $200 up front. You'd probably make ~$25 in bank interest from $200 over 2yrs anyway.

Go for it. I think $39 a month with an N95, and $150 credit each month is a good deal.

3. kenny34

kenny34 Member

Unless I missed something, how does that work out?
    $29 p/m + $10 extra = $39 per month. Time 24 months = $936

edit - Or maybe you mean the extra $10 over 24 months, as he already pays around $30 for calls as it is. That's make more sense.

4. josh81

josh81 Member

I said extra. It's $10 a month extra on top of the $29 cap he said he's getting. $10 a month x 24mths is $240.

5. L4ncer

L4ncer Member

Unless three haven't updated their website in a while it says on there that its an extra $18 on top of the 29 cap. Or is it now down to $10 like you are saying?

6. sanjay

sanjay Member

much smarter idea to go get a free phone on the $29 cap, sell the phone, then buy an N95 with it (you can get them for $300 - $350 for a mint condition used one nowadays).

its not merely $10 per month extra on the $29 cap because its $10 extra per month PLUS you forego the market value of the free handset they would otherwise give you...

7. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

I think the original n95 was $10 per month on the $29cap, (before three took it off their site <--or i just cant see it), so that may be what they're talking about.
    The $18 extra is for the n95 8gb

8. spedwards

spedwards Member

When the N95-8GB was free on the $49 cap (pre-iPhone) it was $10 a month on $29 cap.

9. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

Yep, you're correct. (I got the $29+$10 for n95-8gb :lol:) But then it went up to $18 on the $29, and the original n95 became $10 on the $29.

10. josh81

josh81 Member

No, the website is correct. The N958GB is $18 extra on a $29 cap. The N95 is $10 extra on a $29 cap. You didn't say you wanted N958GB, you said N95 in your previous post.

As mentioned in my post, i think it's better to pay the $10 handset repayments for an N95 with the $29 cap, compared with selling the free $29 cap phone and buying an N95 off ebay. That is buying a new one, i'm comparing apples with apples here; New N95 from 3 vs. new N95 from ebay.
    You're comparing apples with oranges, by comparing New N95 from 3 vs. 2nd hand N95 from ebay.
    Which is fine, but it becomes less cut and dry when you're weighing up the 2 options (2nd hand vs New), and it's more about personal preference than what's statistically better value.

I know what my preference would be. And that's a brand new N95 with full warranty for $240 over 24mths. Rather than a 2nd hand N95 for $70-$140 extra upfront (after selling the free phone for $230-$260, and buying a 2nd hand N95 for $330-$370)

11. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I just setup a 3 wireless connection (with a Sierra AC880U modem):

[​IMG]

Happy with that! Especially considering I only have 2 bars of signal. The upload speed surprised me... I thought 3 only did 384kbps up. They must have recently enabled HSUPA?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  12. mooiamacow

mooiamacow Member

has anyone had any luck using hotmail msnmail or gmail as a pop3 on their nokia E/N phones?

i just can't get it to connect to either of the 3 providers.
    i have the xseris essential 8pack

13. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

yes. never failed me. which model handset do you have?

14. mooiamacow

mooiamacow Member

i just got a nokia e71 today, i used the three.com.au/email page and everything, got sent the message with all of the presets and such. but just can't get it to work!

it can never connect to the servers,
    which email provider are you using

how do i get a mooiamacow@three.com.au e-mail too? argh can't find it anywhere

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  15. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Ugh, 3 must be down in my area... no 3G reception, doesn't even find the network if I do a manual search. Bit of a worry... :lol:

How do I setup the voicemail to audio files on my @three.com.au email address? I know it's in this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

16. superjono

superjono Member

Your email address was created when you signed up - check your contract, it will be written on there. It's most likely firstname.lastname@three.com.au.

17. Aratama_Bashi

Gossip day

Nokia N96

and

HTC Touch Diamond

WILL be launching in November.

Dates and prices not confirmed yet, so dont ask.

18. Aratama_Bashi

Gossip Day

the new version of the planet 3 portal will be launched on MONDAY.

We have Four brand new Tabs:
    • NEW – Similar to the current NOW tab, NEW will make sure you are the first to see the latest news, sports
    scores, gossip and more.
    • FIND – Similar to the current HOME tab, FIND will display the most popularly used sites, including Facebook,
    Google, YouTube, plus links to our 8 exciting new categories:
    o Community Mobile Internet made Instant
    o Messaging Mobile Internet made Social
    o Entertainment Mobile Internet made Fun
    o Today Mobile Internet made Real
    o Out & About Mobile Internet made for Lifestyle
    o Answers Mobile Internet made Factual
    o Uncut Mobile Internet made Naughty
    o Marketplace Mobile Internet made for Shopping
    • MINE – Similar to the current My3 Tab, MINE helps you manage your account balance, helps you see what’s
    included in your chosen value packs and coming soon you will be able to add your own favourites function
    • FUN – is the most exciting new tab, who knows what’s behind these tiles? Just click through to discover
    something different on planet 3 (click the middle tile to shuffle)

19. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I hope 3 make the portal on the E71 look nicer!

20. Aratama_Bashi

it's gonna much better on every device. interface coding improvements will see better resizing on most handsets :thumbup:

PS: widget support is coming.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.