Official 3 Thread Mk2 - Discuss plans, network, mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Dan!el, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clem

Clem Member

thought you were out of 3?

They just keep dragging you back!!!

Keep up the good work too....

2. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

refer to my sig ;) officially, i am out :weirdo:

3. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

This sounds obvious, but may help some people...

If you can't remember your 3 email password, like I haven't been able to since I signed up, just change your 3 voicemail PIN.

To do so: dial 333, press * to get to main menu, and then options... change PIN, easy!

The voicemail as Attachment = brilliant. And free, from memory.

4. Santa

Santa Member

I have a Dopod 838 Pro and I was thinking of switch to Three.
    Is there a way to access Planet 3 without having to flash my phone to the Three Planet 3 ROM? There is a ROM on the Three website, but I would rather keep my current ROM.

5. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Member

Of course.

you browse to http://three.net.au

*obviously AFTER you put in the 3 APN settings etc*

6. AbooAyesha

AbooAyesha Member

3 Combo Cap

Am I imagining things or have three reduced their included call amounts on their Combo Caps?

ie I am fairly sure that their $69 Combo Cap had the same amount of included calls as the regular $69 cap...

7. timsarg

timsarg Member

bye bye 3 .

Finally gone back to telstra for superior coverage in the areas i need it most . Also quite a bit pissed off when asking what the buyout was for my contract and after telling them the reason (Ie work is streamlining land and mobiles into one) the retard still kept pushing for an reason why i wanted to know the buyout figure . Then proceeded to put me onto someone else who i had to repeat myself again . An alarming trend is how difficult it is to get someone who speaks clear english . I don't care what skin colour, nationality etc you are but it would be nice to speak to someone who can speak fluent english .

8. AbooAyesha

AbooAyesha Member

Are we able to get any confirmation for the above from anyone involved with Three?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. Porthos

Porthos Member

Mate just give it a bit of time before posting again, only 2 hours have gone by.

As far as I remember, no they've always been less then the same priced cap plan, or else everyone would just jump on the plan and have 'free' net for the same price, to me that doesn't much commercial sense from 3.

I haven't looked closely into them for ages though so could be wrong, but pretty sure they've always been less then the cap, it's normally been the amount of the cap below it. In this case, the $69 has the same amount of calls as the $49 cap.

Trav

10. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Member

No new portal? :(

11. AbooAyesha

AbooAyesha Member

Trav,

Thanks for the reply. I was not trying to be impatient, just wanted to make sure that the question remained active for anyone checking the thread (as there was an unrelated addition to the thread just after) and I was seeing if anyone was able to respond before I needed to go somewhere.

Bit hard to summarise that intent- without posting what I just did- with the limited time I had at that stage.

As for the cap, I honestly thought that the cap was the same- just that you could only get a free phone from the $49 level. Either that or my head was imploding from the ridiculous research I was doing for phone plans/handsets.

A pity, I was just about to click the buy button on the $69 cap with extra payments for the HTC Touch Pro.

And then I saw the included call levels.

Again, thanks for your reply and if anyone else can comment, that would be great! I really want to pull the trigger on a new deal as soon as possible.

Thanks,

David.

PS. I think I was a bit spoilt with the very fast replies in this thread previously, as well...

12. Aratama_Bashi

seems not. i tried to load it today, took forevs, restarted phone, back to the old scheme :) typical!

WTF IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT

49 combo cap = 49 cap + phone that is free one the 29 + usb modem + 1gb data........... IT HAS NEVER BEEN ANY DIFFERENT.

seriously, i leave 3 for a month and everyone is conjuring up insane rumours that are based on what exactly? i am looking hard at 3's website, trying to find where it says "OMG THE 69 KOMBO KAPP HAZ DA VOISKALL VALL-U OF DA 49 KAPP WTF LOL!!!".... so no, the combo caps still have the voice call value that the cap shows... ie the 69 cap has 650 worth of calls etc... NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE THEY WERE LAUNCHED...... now... who is incapable of understanding this??????

13. SteveMenheere

SteveMenheere Member

The pages for the $69 combo caps say:
    calls, sms and more: $350
    free calls (3 - 3): 300 min.
    + modem & 2G data

The $49 combo caps show the same value of included calls etc.

edit: Some of the pages show different values, see the viewty page for the quoted example

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  14. Aratama_Bashi

dare i suggest it's a misprint? i cannot even find it. i find this from the homepage: http://www.three.com.au/bundle

15. AbooAyesha

AbooAyesha Member

Aratama,

Normally you seem quite helpful so I assume that your rather pointed comments above are an abnormality.

For your information:

http://store.three.com.au/MobilesOverview.aspx?ProductId=637&mode=hotdeals&sprop=HotDealsPage1

Is where I based my information on the $69 combo cap. If you look at the bottom of the page, you will see that the breakdown of included calls are:

$350 included normal call, sms, etc
    $240 calls to 3 mobiles

Which equals $590.

On this page:

http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentS.../Page/CapPlanDetailTemplate&cid=1161218209724

It states that the included calls for the $69 cap are:

$650 included normal calls, sms, etc
    $350 calls to 3 mobiles

Totalling $1000.

Now, as you put it so pointedly in your reply, my understanding of the Combo caps is that you get the same level of included call value, except your included phone is any of those available at the cap below. Ie, $69 Combo Cap gets you a $49 regular Cap phone. The information available on Three's website I have linked to above contradicts that.

I have found it difficult to navigate to the Combo Caps on Three's website before and the information above is through their "Best Deals" Page. So before I jumped to conclusions about this, I decided to query those better placed with information whether my conclusion was correct.

I do apologise if my question came across the wrong way.

Good day.

16. AbooAyesha

AbooAyesha Member

Just to let you know I did not see these replies before I posted my previous one.

Thanks,

David.

17. Porthos

Porthos Member

Yeah mate no worries at all, I just know sometimes it can seem that your post will get lost but overall people are pretty good here.

I went to the same page as you linked in your other post to where it said $350 of value, then saw the link that A_B posted and yeah seems that they are the normal cap amounts with the free key. Seems kinda strange they can have them totally different, but as A_B said must just be a typo.

Trav

18. josh81

josh81 Member

New portal is up.

[​IMG]

19. Aratama_Bashi

^^^^ a day late, but better late than never. i dont like the mystery squares page :)

to all from last night: sorry about the shitty mood (and wine!). it is most definitely a mistake on 3's part, and the combo plan values haven't changed. nothing to worry about :thumbup:

20. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Portal still looks crappy on the E71... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.